Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My hunch is shorts got caught when Janet mentioned slowing rate increases from here on out.
I'm staying firm to my plan of just shoveling money in consistently. Inflation is now under control? Slightly longer transitory time than predicted? Yea okay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm very heavy into s&p and total market, they make up like 95% of my retirement. I was just curious.

And as an aside, our market's relationship with china makes me nervous. I'd eventually like to allot a portion of my portfolio to low/no china exposure boomer stocks.
Ahh, if you are just looking for fuck it money then thats a different story. I am not familiar with the sector but some others might be.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm staying firm to my plan of just shoveling money in consistently. Inflation is now under control? Slightly longer transitory time than predicted? Yea okay.
Im about 92% invested. I have about 8% i am using to stalk a few companies and funnel in more cash as it comes available.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
And as an aside, our market's relationship with china makes me nervous. I'd eventually like to allot a portion of my portfolio to low/no china exposure boomer stocks.
I fully expect China to invade Taiwan and pull a "FUCK YOU NO REFUNDS!!!" to all bond holders. Russia cares a lot about its long term prestige and maintaining the honor of being a high value debt-holder. China is pretty much the exact opposite. Stealing from retarded westerners is about the most honorable thing you can do.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
DXY in free fall.
1658948674871.png

Market is definitely running with the fed pivoting. Everyone knows July CPI should be lower, guess its time to go long.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem I see is that if the market doesn't tank, oil will stay high, which will keep the economy throttled.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
- War in Ukraine creating additional upward pressure on inflation, weighing on global economic activity
The only way this is impacting inflation is our bi-weekly aid packages to Ukraine for a few billion. Maybe stop pissing our money away?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Honestly surprised on Ford, I thought the rising rates and gas would hit them hard. Maybe enough pent up demand that they stay strong for a bit.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know who's also fucked?

🏳️‍🌈🐻s

Look at you trying to be part of the cool kids!

If last FOMC meeting is any indication,
1658956481486.png

Tomorrow will be red from profit taking leading into another buying opportunity.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users