Investing General Discussion

Khane

Got something right about marriage
45 days at 1.5x is nothing. That's 3 bi weekly paychecks

Stay on please instead of finding a new job even though you're not gonna be employed past 45 days anyway

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Gonna take some time to sort everything out, and these people know they are losing their job, so it will take incentives to keep the grunts from scurrying everywhere. Depending on how bad this is under the hood, I’d be a lot more worried about fuck you in the ass jail time than any money if I were an executive. And for something like this to happen, I’m sure there has to be some ugliness we don’t know about to be going on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm assuming most of these employees are at will, without contracts. It's a bribe aimed at tellers and other grunts living paycheck to paycheck.
The heart of a modern bank is really just a bunch of numbers running on what is generally at the base level, a bunch of COBOL. If the servers don't stay up, there are no deposits. These are banks, so the servers are not "up in the cloud somewhere."

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
45 days at 1.5x is nothing. That's 3 bi weekly paychecks

Stay on please instead of finding a new job even though you're not gonna be employed past 45 days anyway
Dont see a downside for those people. Even if people started looking for a job Thursday night it would still be several weeks at a minimum to get a new one.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fiascos are also just great for your resume, as long as they're not your fault. The whole reason I got my current job was from telling the hiring managers about all the fiascos I was handling at my last one.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I just don't feel like this offer is aimed at anything but hourly employees they need to stave off the zombie hordes coming Monday morning. This is Black Friday retail on steroids with a lot of angry, scared people. How many $16/hr tellers are thinking about saying fuck it, and doing a no-call/no-show right now?

Why deal with it, if you don't have to?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Think any of those workers will have their next paycheck over the next 45 days deposited at SVB?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dont see a downside for those people. Even if people started looking for a job Thursday night it would still be several weeks at a minimum to get a new one.

Eh? I've been offered jobs to start the next day more often than not. "When can you start" is a real question for talent. They are offering that package to try and coerce that talent to stay

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Yea I don't get it. Most of my jobs I started within a few days of applying, or at most two weeks. My current job was the only aberation, taking about 2.5 years from application to starting. I almost blew off the eventual call and the four week time for starting as a prank call.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m sure most of the people they are paying to stay are back office, not retail bank tellers. Even if another bank buys them that bank would be smart to try and keep as many of these people as possible.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I’m sure most of the people they are paying to stay are back office, not retail bank tellers. Even if another bank buys them that bank would be smart to try and keep as many of these people as possible.
Right, systems integration is hard.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Now do labor participation
And? Lower labor participation just means employers are more eager to get people who will start right away. The pool of available workers is smaller. Do you understand supply vs demand?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This SIVB thing is such a dilemma.

Is it funnier watching globohomo celebrities lose their money, or bullshit tech companies lose their money?

Harry & Megan? Oprah? RBLX? RKLB? DNA? ROKU?

I don't even own any FAZ at the moment but this shit gets funnier with each piece of news that shows up. Don't any of you fuckers dare fact check me on this list. Too good to check means too good to check.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users