Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I gotta withdraw 10k on Monday, so hopefully I can be part of the problem.
Yeah I'm gonna take 50k out of my SOFI account and just put it in SPAXX because the return is higher anyway and Fidelity is way safer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Best post of the day belongs to Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre . How many people are moving money on Monday or grabbing cash?

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 18-09-29 Politics Thread.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I just heard from my uncle whose neighbor knows a banker and they said the entire banking system is going to collapse this week. People in the know are moving their assets to doge coin and putting their retirement accounts into SPACS. Load up boys this is the big one, stay safe

• 6Worf
  • 5Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My money is already buried in various undisclosed locations along the Eastern Seaboard. You lambs deserve to be led to the slaughter trusting capitalism with your capital.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The problem with this whole thing is, it is going to focus on who gets hurt, instead of how much it hurts. This is a fart in the wind monetarily, but if it hurts the right people, it could cause an overreaction.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The problem with this whole thing is, it is going to focus on who gets hurt, instead of how much it hurts. This is a fart in the wind monetarily, but if it hurts the right people, it could cause an overreaction.
Maybe Ackman can cry on cnbc while Chamath explains it for us simpletons.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I hope silicon valley is burned down by angry hipsters who lost all their deposits in SVB. Am I a bad person?

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
I hope silicon valley is burned down by angry hipsters who lost all their deposits in SVB. Am I a bad person?
No. You are ahead of the curve once people wake up to how badly Facebook, Instagram, TikTok has fucked their society

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No. You are ahead of the curve once people wake up to how badly Facebook, Instagram, TikTok has fucked their society
Yes, but they're not going to miss payroll, the next crop of people trying to take them down are.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Companies do require employees to run daily operations. They don't need executives though.
Sure i get the people to keep the lights on and stuff, but if that includes any remotely senior management thats pants on head retarded.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sure i get the people to keep the lights on and stuff, but if that includes any remotely senior management thats pants on head retarded.
It takes a LOT of people to keep the lights on at most companies, especially a bank that is effectively huge B2B company with tons of massive clients that are absolutely freaking the fuck out right now because they need access to their own money to keep the lights on at their own companies. All the people that manage client-facing operations will have to stay. The people making decisions about investments, not so much.