Investing General Discussion

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Upside Foods, some globohomo vector that makes artificial meat that just got approved to sell their frankenmeat in the us.

Hilarious to get verification on who this shit is meant for.

Yeah, I'd never ever invest money in fake meat. Get the fuck out of here with that cancer shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this hit last week. Company is still private. Guess who a major investor is...

View attachment 481818
There’s no way this could be industrialized to a scale where it can replace the consumption of animal meat. You probably need an extremely sterile and controlled environment to do it. I highly doubt this grown animal meat comes with a working immune system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I've been commenting on it a lot, but this month is ridiculous, and ridiculous in a very expected direction.

Also, this is interesting, and super bullish:

View attachment 481657
That tidbit about the labor participation rate makes complete sense to me. Full disclosure, I turned 54 yesterday so I'm at the upper edge of that "prime" bracket. I know a lot of people in my age range and a little older who essentially got nudged into retirement during Covid. Companies had to shed workforce, older employees didn't embrace working from home the same way the younger crowds did, some falling for all the hype of Covid Fever and worrying that their "advanced age" (i.e. in their 50's and some in early 60's) made them so much more at risk they didn't want to chance it... There was a squeeze, and now some people are realizing they're OK moving on into retirement now, a bit earlier.

I personally am the "work until I can't anymore because I know I will go downhill fast without something to be doing" type, but even I'm eyeing only working until maybe 60-62.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's true.

Also, data:

View attachment 481463
IMG_1274.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 6 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wonder if that means that stocks 8 through ? will get a massive boost as the index money rebalances?

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're already seeing effects by money managers though. Apple and the other over-weights selling yesterday by firms repositioning. The arbitrage would be short the big 7, and long the equal weight. By the time the Nasdaq hits their rebalance date, the market will have done a fair bit of work for them.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're already seeing effects by money managers though. Apple and the other over-weights selling yesterday by firms repositioning. The arbitrage would be short the big 7, and long the equal weight. By the time the Nasdaq hits their rebalance date, the market will have done a fair bit of work for them.
Yeah I was wondering early with the bigs were all red 1%+ on a flat day and then I saw the news and figured it out. First out the door wins.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Grabbed a quarter position of T at the support of $15.15. Might grab some more if it breaks under $15. Dividend yield is 7.32% and its a covered call play for additional return.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Your dividend stocks are getting beat up as treasury rates increase. Zero risk for 3-6 month t-bills paying over 5%. Not as sexy as 7%, but you don't have capital risk on your investment either. So long as rates are increasing, there will be further downward pressure on these type stocks.

I trust you have your trade plan set out already though, and as you said, can make some more returns with selling CCs.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Your dividend stocks are getting beat up as treasury rates increase. Zero risk for 3-6 month t-bills paying over 5%. Not as sexy as 7%, but you don't have capital risk on your investment either. So long as rates are increasing, there will be further downward pressure on these type stocks.

I trust you have your trade plan set out already though, and as you said, can make some more returns with selling CCs.
Yet my JEPI is still >10%.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Tendies

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
IWM bullish signals continue, out performing SPY almost every day. Market set up for another leg higher, just going to relentlessly punish those who missed rally and are now waiting for a pullback. "But it has to pullback!" yeah well 2017 would like a word with you. Same old story, nothing screws an investing career like staying bearish too long far more punishing than staying bullish too long.

Remember when people tried to reason last years decline "Tech doesn't do well with rising rates!" At some point observers who are paying attention will figure out that is all non sense for financial journalist to waste their time with. Sentiment determines price, TSLA same company at $100/share as $250 a few months later. Only thing that changes is people risk sentiment. And sentiment can be observed via price action.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Remember when people tried to reason last years decline "Tech doesn't do well with rising rates!" At some point observers who are paying attention will figure out that is all non sense for financial journalist to waste their time with. Sentiment determines price, TSLA same company at $100/share as $250 a few months later. Only thing that changes is people risk sentiment. And sentiment can be observed via price action.
Turns out tech does fine with rising rates, as long as they fire all the bloat they hired over the past 3 years to appease investors.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... Sentiment determines price, TSLA same company at $100/share as $250 a few months later. ...

I'm still bitter on this one. 1k share bid at $100.01 and missed fill by ~$1.50 , then thought I "missed the boat" .. here we are.

• 1Like