Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
F0x910-agAEP2Kh.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Hey Blazin Blazin , what kind of a price target are you looking at for your IWM play? Just looking at it in the last 2+Y, the August '22 high was ~200, the March/April high was ~210, and the Jan high was ~225. I'm guessing you're not targeting the ATH of ~243 in Nov 21...

I'll stay with it as long as the chart stays in a bullish configuration, but would be looking for at least 210

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NVDA new all time high posted after hours.

August 23rd for Q2 earnings are a hell of a long way away.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah my brain. I'm a fucking dumbass. I don't think there is a cure. Well for me it's probably indexing but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I paper handed because shithead comments shook me instead of just trusting myself and getting a better exit.
If I stressed over my trades because I sold before the peak I would have blown my brains out a long time ago. If you made money, be happy. The opposite sucks.

That being said, if you sold too early, examine the trade and see if you made a mistake and learn from it.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Buying the bottom and selling the top is a pipe dream. I try to hit at least 50% of that, though. That's why I was satisfied for PWM 8 to 15.

I cut the bottom. I just need to stop looking at any comments or social media because there is ALWAYS shithead bots saying a $10 stock is going to $3 or $30. I know much better at this point and have shorted myself to know that stocks generally don't ONLY go down.

In general you're going to hear about my losses because there's no fucking way in hell I'm going to step in here bragging until I at LEAST hit break even. Which is a longer way off than ever.

FWIW thanks for continuing to engage me as most people won't or don't. And I don't blame them.
Hey, misery loves company as they say.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I will say this with 100% seriousness. Ignore every single thing you see on social media/discord in terms of "stock tips".

You are absolutely better off listening to most people in this thread. 100%. I'm not saying advice here will always work out for a win (hello to you MTTR), but the idea is that no one here is actively trying to fuck you over when they give advice. I am pretty sure every one of the swinging dicks who said gogo MTTR owned shares and sank with the rest of us.

FOH Investors Daily > Social Media.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will fidelity automatically exercise a call a option in a sell to cover method if the account does not have the cash to support a full exercise?

Note: I am not advocating for this as opposed to flat out selling the option. I just can't find an answer anywhere on Fidelity. It just states that anything ITM by .01 will be auto-exercised

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Will fidelity automatically exercise a call a option in a sell to cover method if the account does not have the cash to support a full exercise?

Note: I am not advocating for this as opposed to flat out selling the option. I just can't find an answer anywhere on Fidelity. It just states that anything ITM by .01 will be auto-exercised
I'm not sure what you mean by sell to cover, but Fidelity will exercise all options in the money by no matter how little.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, fidelity will auto-exercise any ITM option by .01 according to their website. However, what if *bought* calls are ITM and the account does not have a cash position to cover? Basically an Exercise & Sell to Cover.

Example:
  • 500 Call Options for ABC @ 1.00
  • Current price: 2.00
    • Stock is ITM by 1.00
  • Total Exercise Price = 50,000$(correct?)
  • Account has: 25,000$ in cash. There is not enough liquid to fully execute. If I were to let them expire as opposed to selling them would it:
    • Put me in some type of margin deficit and tell me I have X days to sell/correct it(which should be easy in our imaginary situation)
    • Or would it automatically execute, costing me 50,000$ and then automatically sell 12,500 shares, amounting in 25,000$, the difference between the account balance and the cost to exercise. Leaving me with only only 37,500 shares

I know this is a somewhat silly question, but I cannot find an answer anywhere on fidelity. Obviously I can just sell the call options and take the money and obviously I can sell a portion of the call options to provide me with the proper balance to execute the rest, but I was wondering what the default behavior would be.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We finally know the secret all the 1%ers use to become 1%ers. They let the cat out of the bag. You just gotta come up with $100k.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, fidelity will auto-exercise any ITM option by .01 according to their website. However, what if *bought* calls are ITM and the account does not have a cash position to cover? Basically an Exercise & Sell to Cover.

Example:
  • 500 Call Options for ABC @ 1.00
  • Current price: 2.00
    • Stock is ITM by 1.00
  • Total Exercise Price = 50,000$(correct?)
  • Account has: 25,000$ in cash. There is not enough liquid to fully execute. If I were to let them expire as opposed to selling them would it:
    • Put me in some type of margin deficit and tell me I have X days to sell/correct it(which should be easy in our imaginary situation)
    • Or would it automatically execute, costing me 50,000$ and then automatically sell 12,500 shares, amounting in 25,000$, the difference between the account balance and the cost to exercise. Leaving me with only only 37,500 shares

I know this is a somewhat silly question, but I cannot find an answer anywhere on fidelity. Obviously I can just sell the call options and take the money and obviously I can sell a portion of the call options to provide me with the proper balance to execute the rest, but I was wondering what the default behavior would be.
Looks like this is your answer.

Just curious if they are ITM why you would not sell them prior to expiry and make money if you lack the cash to exercise.

Edit: forgot the quote.

"If your call is exercised at expiration and you don't have enough money to covered assignment, you have incurred a freeriding violation and your account will be restricted. Some brokers will automatically close such options just before the close on the day of expiration."

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Found this also...

"Keep in mind, if the account cannot support a trade, we can take action in your account per the terms of our Customer Agreement. A couple of scenarios to be aware of when a liquidation may occur include, but are not limited to:

- Options exercise or assignment risk where the margin or cash account cannot support the resulting trade.

- A margin account has a debit balance such and does not meet the minimum equity requirement or is at risk of a margin call."