Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another thing to note:

Longer duration rates are steeply falling, but IWM (Russel) is going down with it. Lower yields should be putting wind in the sails for small caps. Recessionary indicators are building from what I can see, but it is far too early to tell. Still quite a bit of defensive positioning out there. In particular the ~15% run in utilities from April to present.

Just a time to be cautious and hedge your long positions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA just joined the $3T club surpassing AAPL as the 2nd largest company by market cap.

• 2WTF
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Another thing to note:

Longer duration rates are steeply falling, but IWM (Russel) is going down with it. Lower yields should be putting wind in the sails for small caps. Recessionary indicators are building from what I can see, but it is far too early to tell. Still quite a bit of defensive positioning out there. In particular the ~15% run in utilities from April to present.

Just a time to be cautious and hedge your long positions.
This might also explain why dividend companies like T are going back up in the last month or so. Long term rates dropping = dividend stocks becoming more attractive again.

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
NVDA just joined the $3T club surpassing AAPL as the 2nd largest company by market cap.
You don’t say?

Nvidia about to transcend Amazon market cap. Remember what I told you all, there is zero reason for Nvidia not to be a 3 trillion dollar company. Mark my words, by the end of the year.

Just the tip fellas. See you at 3 trillion.

Some irrelevant boomer thinks there’s an AI bubble LOL. Ain’t no bubble to burst…

• 1Splash the Pot

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
How much of it did you buy back then?
None. At the time I had a 100% boglehead mentality. Still do for the most part but now I hold a smallish SNOW position at a 25% loss due to a certain someone here liking it at the time.. 🙃😜

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Saw my first Rivian the other day. Some local contracting company that builds/renovates beach mcmansions had their kitschy minimalist logos freshly stenciled on an olive green one.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
$GME is running
1717701222910.png

Blazin Blazin Jysin Jysin Im not seeing any big dumps of contracts at the $20 strike. What if he has another plan. IV is now up over 300. Would he make even more money selling calls at various strikes up the ladder so as not to appear like he is dumping his contracts and hurt the share price? No one sees his contracts at $20 being sold but he smiles and sells a ton of other contracts at $25, $30, $35, $40 and uses the elevated IV to make bank on those knowing he has that 120k contracts bought to fill the ones he sells. Or am I missing something that makes this not viable?

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
View attachment 531761

Blazin Blazin Jysin Jysin Im not seeing any big dumps of contracts at the $20 strike. What if he has another plan. IV is now up over 300. Would he make even more money selling calls at various strikes up the ladder so as not to appear like he is dumping his contracts and hurt the share price? No one sees his contracts at $20 being sold but he smiles and sells a ton of other contracts at $25, $30, $35, $40 and uses the elevated IV to make bank on those knowing he has that 120k contracts bought to fill the ones he sells. Or am I missing something that makes this not viable?
I’m not in on this one lol I might buy the dip next time /shrug

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Saw my first Rivian the other day. Some local contracting company that builds/renovates beach mcmansions had their kitschy minimalist logos freshly stenciled on an olive green one.
Truck or suv?

They’re up ~3% with them releasing the R1 gen 2 updates.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
This whole GME thing is lol.
he is approaching “fuck you” money in the hundreds of millions. I’m guessing whatever he does now is for the fun or because he can? It’s not like Elon where he wants to buy Gamestop and run it his way….

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, I'd argue he had way beyond fuck you money from the first go around. Didn't he make somewhere around $60+ million?

• 1Solidarity