Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This whole GME thing is lol.
he is approaching “fuck you” money in the hundreds of millions. I’m guessing whatever he does now is for the fun or because he can? It’s not like Elon where he wants to buy Gamestop and run it his way….
He owns enough to demand a board seat if he wanted it.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
He owns enough to demand a board seat if he wanted it.

yea, but at least publicly, he’s never stated anything of that nature. I dont pay super close attention but I’ve never even heard him make suggestions on what he would do to save GameStop, etc. if so I’d be interested to hear

i like gamestop(place not stock) and used to shop there probably like all of us. But I equate it a lot to how Netflix destroyed old school blockbuster. GameStop should have got on board a long time ago with modern times and becomes some like steam or maybe even Netflix where you could ‘rent’ games. they fell behind like many legacy companies do and deserve their fate.

anyway, I’m a glutton for punishment so I bought calls for the same date as the dude, only C30 June 21st. So not his beautiful entry and not even close to his amount, a much smaller number which I assume I will lose. Though it is already worth 60k after 1 day lol. 30% gain in less than a day

i Am trying to decide if I hold to expiration(which he did last time at great value) or just laugh at my small but quick profits at some point….i imagine I will pivot on that thought daily and depending on momentum.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
yea, but at least publicly, he’s never stated anything of that nature. I dont pay super close attention but I’ve never even heard him make suggestions on what he would do to save GameStop, etc. if so I’d be interested to hear

i like gamestop(place not stock) and used to shop there probably like all of us. But I equate it a lot to how Netflix destroyed old school blockbuster. GameStop should have got on board a long time ago with modern times and becomes some like steam or maybe even Netflix where you could ‘rent’ games. they fell behind like many legacy companies do and deserve their fate.

anyway, I’m a glutton for punishment so I bought calls for the same date as the dude, only C30 June 21st. So not his beautiful entry and not even close to his amount, a much smaller number which I assume I will lose. Though it is already worth 60k after 1 day lol. 30% gain in less than a day

i Am trying to decide if I hold to expiration(which he did last time at great value) or just laugh at my small but quick profits at some point….i imagine I will pivot on that thought daily and depending on momentum.
Take your tendies as soon it begins to turn, don’t ape hands.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After hours. He maybe be close to that billionaire mark now.

Screenshot_20240606_205042_Samsung Internet.jpg

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• 1To the Moon!
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Is this your twatter account folper? I don't follow this stuff.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Take your tendies as soon it begins to turn, don’t ape hands.

ohhhh I’m with you. This is a 100% willing to risk meme play. I am not a believer in the cause nor am I gonna diamond hands to stick it the man. I pretty much avoided this crap round 1, but I figured I watched this closer now so I basically bought my options(no way I want shares of GME) at 2$ above their intrinsic value and now with tonight’s after hours i Should be up over 100% already lol.

• 2Tendies
  • 1Like
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Blazin Blazin any new thoughts on SNOW since their Q1 earnings report release? Didn’t look too good.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm guessing the GME hype will push it higher at open, then there'll be several halts that may present a chance to buy the dip before it goes higher as the stream gets closer

Khane

Got something right about marriage
History tells me that I should definitely jump in with options on margin. Maybe I'll finally get that Harrier that Pepsi owes me.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
My 2c on GME. You're never going to 'defeat' the system from within the system. They're just going to keep changing the rules until they win and you lose. It's like trying to win Monopoly against the banker that is openly using the bank to fund themselves. You only win by flipping the board and walking away.

I respect the direction they're trying to go and it is going to have the effect of waking people up to how broken the market really is, but if you want to actually win you have to exit. Bitcoin is, IMO that exit and this is a big reason I hold it. GME believers are just Bitcoiners that may not know it yet.

That being said its fun to watch this all go down, solid memes.

• 1Picard

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
My 2c on GME. You're never going to 'defeat' the system from within the system. They're just going to keep changing the rules until they win and you lose. It's like trying to win Monopoly against the banker that is openly using the bank to fund themselves. You only win by flipping the board and walking away.

I respect the direction they're trying to go and it is going to have the effect of waking people up to how broken the market really is, but if you want to actually win you have to exit. Bitcoin is, IMO that exit and this is a big reason I hold it. GME believers are just Bitcoiners that may not know it yet.

That last part about him potentially exiting on the stream is why I cashed out last night with a trivial profit

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I know we have a crypto thread, but I feel like every year this one comes up and I always laugh. The bitcoin people will always talk about the reasons crypto is viable as an actual currency and store of value, and then everything always comes back to using it as a way to make money. Which flies in the face of why it's a good currency because stable currencies don't just fluctuate in value to make you rich.