Investing General Discussion

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
You don’t own any bad stocks like European etfs or scam Chinese real estate or garbage corporate junk bonds. No way you could be a CFP.
Lmao you should see my professionally managed account. That shit is AWFUL and full of international shit because “it’s priced right” or whatever. Total return on that in past 3 years is like 13%.. TOTAL RETURN

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Let's see... My current 1 yr performance chart..
1720639778643.png

"Longer Term Stuff" - My bundle of ETFs
"Personal Stock" - My individual stock gambling account

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Let's see... My current 1 yr performance chart..
View attachment 536029

"Longer Term Stuff" - My bundle of ETFs
"Personal Stock" - My individual stock gambling account

wow thats... not great

if you want to git gud, id be happy to extend you a Stock Pals invitation.

Just look at Foler Foler with his penny space stocks he bought a few weeks ago, he already at 18% gain

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
wow thats... not great

Just look at Foler Foler with his penny space stocks he bought a few weeks ago, he already at 18% gain
6 months ago. I wouldn’t have been able to make such an educated stock pick if it weren’t for Stock Pals.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rising tide and all that. S&P 500 ETF I bought in june last year at 75 is now at 98. Don't want to say the B word but it's hard to fathom passive investing netting 30% a year.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
wow thats... not great

I'll take it under advisement. Right now, I just ran the numbers, I'm not even in the 90/10 club.. I'm in the 97/3 ratio between ETFs and Single stock picks. And until probably September or so I won't have the cycles to dive into really being educated on individual picks due to my work. (which is where the money funding all this party comes from. heh)

So even underperforming the S&P and NASDAQ, it only represents a tiny fraction of my stock game.

But thank you for thinking of little ol Haus.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rising tide and all that. S&P 500 ETF I bought in june last year at 75 is now at 98. Don't want to say the B word but it's hard to fathom passive investing netting 30% a year.
Not that I am ignoring the "b" word but Blazin and some others have been mentioning for a while how much cash was sitting on the sidelines. That cash had to go someplace.

• 1Truth!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'll take it under advisement. Right now, I just ran the numbers, I'm not even in the 90/10 club.. I'm in the 97/3 ratio between ETFs and Single stock picks. And until probably September or so I won't have the cycles to dive into really being educated on individual picks due to my work. (which is where the money funding all this party comes from. heh)

So even underperforming the S&P and NASDAQ, it only represents a tiny fraction of my stock game.

But thank you for thinking of little ol Haus.

No prob, I think about your feet all the time now

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
wow thats... not great

I am currently developing an anti-Semitic investing strategy. Would stock pals be interested in this brave new frontier?

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
No you don’t understand. Anti-Semitic knowledge will be used as part of comprehensive strategy of following smart Jewish money. I’m not betting against them. If they are going to destroy my nation, at least I can profit off of it.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
RJF is Raymond James Financial. A financial management company. You are comparing a single stock to an ETF that indexes the S&P 500. I can't think of a single scenario I would suggest to a passive investor to put their cash into a single stock (even AAPL or MSFT) vs putting it into an S&P 500 index ETF.

What Sanrith said plus you are reading it wrong, SPY is well ahead. You're saying the opposite of what the chart shows.

...edit it's defaulting to 6m for me maybe you are meaning a different time frame.

LOL, wow. I didn’t have time to even read what he said so I copy/pasta’d. So, there’s my dad for ya.