Investing General Discussion

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Note to self. Look up price of ticker tape machine on ebay. Probably like a lot of stuff, you can buy an old machine but can longer get the stuff it printed on lol.

I can remember going to a place that had the commodities on a giant billboard they put the price up on and changed it pre printed numbers like flashy signs kind of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Potato
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
UNH beat/met. Reaffirmed 2024 guidance. Cyber-attack estimated to cost about 92 cents a share in Q2. Raised dividend 12%
Stock up about 4.5% so far

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought IJS late last month for $95.31, with a GTC limit order to sell at $101 that fired last week. Feels like free money.
1721138749954.png

• 2Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
YTD I am underperforming the indexes and most likely will continue to as nearly all of my holdings hold significant weight in the same indexes. I started the year close to 85% in cash for reasons not related to the market so I am pleasantly surprised to be doing as well as I am so far. My cash position is down to 21% as I wait for entries on some targets.
Fidelity Accounts: +9.88% thru Q2
Merrill Accounts: +9.5% thru Q2

Current Holdings:

1721139038168.png

1721138701827.png

1721138749763.png

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I've found I'm really good at buying at the bottom but really bad with selling too early.
Well a profit is a profit but with an index like this that has coiled and been stuck in a box for a long time it could really run not just go up a few dollars.

Now having said you are perfectly aware I've been sitting on this trade for 7 months with nothing to show for it till now. Hindsight says flipping would have been better I gave back $10K gains three times but I mentioned when I entered it that I was doing so for the big gain. It exhausted people's patients and thats what tough trades do so I would never knock someone taking the quick profit.

However, I do think you should look at that chart above there isn't a single signal to sell even on short time frames. Now that it's running it's not going to conveniently back up and let more people on board. You want on this train now you have to pay up for it. IF this is a legitimate breakout, and with each passing day it seems more like it is, then this is just the beginning.

As I mentioned a few days ago only thing I'm doing different this time is trailing it but giving it plenty of room. This trade could build momentum into the sept cut expectations. Regional banks are at crazy low valuations historically and if the yield curve is finally going to start moving in their favor the pile in could be significant.

I don't want people to read this as "Blazin says this is a get rich scheme better do it" It's a play and everything is about probabilities, and in the last week those probabilities have improved.

The biggest threat would be overall market weakness. The ideal set up is for SPY to run near flat, QQQ maybe slightly red and for several weeks small caps just grind away higher.

Not to get too far out over the skis but maybe that is the setup for some market struggles after that move as occurred. The non participating sectors caught up and now EVERYTHING will seem overdone and a correction ensues. That's just speculating nonsense at this point, just opining , my intention is to take it a week at a time and just watch for what the market is telling me. Right now today its telling me to hold this trade more.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BofA's trading desk did not have a single red day the first half of this year.

1721140683459.png

• 1Tendies

fris

Vyemm Raider
Back on March when I funded my Roth for the year, I stuck most of that $7k in spaxx. I thought there was a chance at a big drop in the overall market and wanted to have some cash to buy when that happened.

Back during covid, my buddy worked for a restaurant that's part of Darden. When that stock dropped from 120 to 25, and hearing what they were doing to stay afloat, I thought I should sell some stuff and buy it. I didn't and it quickly returned to 150.

Similarly, I considered putting more into Nvidia earlier this year. That age old hesitation of buying all time highs though. I eventually sold most of my spaxx and a few dogs that I was holding for no reason and put it in Nvidia and a few of the big OEMs. My gut tells me there's another run up in this space soon as these guys trying to balance grabing market share and cut opex to satisfy share holders

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Well a profit is a profit but with an index like this that has coiled and been stuck in a box for a long time it could really run not just go up a few dollars.

Now having said you are perfectly aware I've been sitting on this trade for 7 months with nothing to show for it till now. Hindsight says flipping would have been better I gave back $10K gains three times but I mentioned when I entered it that I was doing so for the big gain. It exhausted people's patients and thats what tough trades do so I would never knock someone taking the quick profit.

However, I do think you should look at that chart above there isn't a single signal to sell even on short time frames. Now that it's running it's not going to conveniently back up and let more people on board. You want on this train now you have to pay up for it. IF this is a legitimate breakout, and with each passing day it seems more like it is, then this is just the beginning.

As I mentioned a few days ago only thing I'm doing different this time is trailing it but giving it plenty of room. This trade could build momentum into the sept cut expectations. Regional banks are at crazy low valuations historically and if the yield curve is finally going to start moving in their favor the pile in could be significant.

I don't want people to read this as "Blazin says this is a get rich scheme better do it" It's a play and everything is about probabilities, and in the last week those probabilities have improved.

The biggest threat would be overall market weakness. The ideal set up is for SPY to run near flat, QQQ maybe slightly red and for several weeks small caps just grind away higher.

Not to get too far out over the skis but maybe that is the setup for some market struggles after that move as occurred. The non participating sectors caught up and now EVERYTHING will seem overdone and a correction ensues. That's just speculating nonsense at this point, just opining , my intention is to take it a week at a time and just watch for what the market is telling me. Right now today its telling me to hold this trade more.

I've got a big chart in TradingView of all the SPDR ETF's and noticed that regional banks (KRE) had the only big spike on the rate cuts announcement. As I've been wanting to understand more about rotations, is this what I'm looking for when it comes to rotations? A spike or signal of sentiment shift? In other words business as usual and potentitally flat forward progress amongst the crowed while a single laggard/under performer starts getting pumped?

1721140922300.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've got a big chart in TradingView of all the SPDR ETF's and noticed that regional banks (KRE) had the only big spike on the rate cuts announcement. As I've been wanting to understand more about rotations, is this what I'm looking for when it comes to rotations? A spike or signal of sentiment shift? In other words business as usual and potentitally flat forward progress amongst the crowed while a single laggard/under performer starts getting pumped?

View attachment 536977
Most likely the small banks got a boost because they need rates to fall. They need it because they are holding a metric ton of long dated debt on their books and its at much lower rates than current interest rates. As rates come down, their paper loss begins to go away.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Good to know. I wasn't really thinking. I bought at what seemed like a "can't lose" price then set a limit order just wanting "free" money rather than thinking longer term.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
YTD I am underperforming the indexes and most likely will continue to as nearly all of my holdings hold significant weight in the same indexes. I started the year close to 85% in cash for reasons not related to the market so I am pleasantly surprised to be doing as well as I am so far. My cash position is down to 21% as I wait for entries on some targets.
Fidelity Accounts: +9.88% thru Q2
Merrill Accounts: +9.5% thru Q2

Current Holdings:

View attachment 536971

View attachment 536968

View attachment 536969

Im outperforming the indexes

Fidelity Accounts: +46.85%% thru Q2

1721141363638.png

• 1Like
  • 1Tendies
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

View attachment 536977
One or two day fake outs are common, the real shifts are sustainable over longer periods. So yes you want to watch for a sudden change in behavior, breaking of trends. This trade was getting to such extremes, the horse is now out and running. it did respect support levels, tested them a couple times could have fallen apart and didn't, and that's why I continued to be patient.

• 2Like
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 2 users

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20240716-114828_Firefox.jpg

If I wasn't a paperhands bitch lol *cries in not keeping nvda calls long enough*

Friends don't let friends get greedy in SPACs lol. Long way to come back
20240716_115239.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Tendies