Investing General Discussion

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Falcon 9 second stage failed last night. Vendors will move their sats to RKLB for time being. Almost up 5% since open.
IMG_8742.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I doubled my stake in MA when it breached the 200 DMA this week. Hopefully this bounce off the bottom isn't a head fake. Its got a solid wall of overhead resistance about 2% above.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
If only SpaceX was public.
Did you completely miss my point? Spacex is going to take a hit as satellite payload customers shift their payloads over to RKLB. The FFA literally just grounded falcon 9 pending investigation. The play here isn’t spacex……

IMG_8753.jpeg

Last edited:

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Did you completely miss my point? Spacex is going to take a hit as satellite payload customers shift their payloads over to RKLB. The FFA literally just grounded falcon 9 pending investigation. The play here isn’t spacex……

View attachment 536306
My point is that I assume this is would drop SpaceX a bit and provide a good opportunity to buy before the stock turns around. I'm not super knowledgeable in the space, but there isn't really anyone that can touch SpaceX speed/cost for getting shit into orbit (though, like RKLB, there are solid up-and-comers)?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Rode NVDA all day from premarket

Locked in a trailing order in afternoon to hedge against the usual friday afternoon selloff as we started getting closer to market close, stock collapsed 20 minutes later

Netted $1255 on NVDA today

1720823143070.png

• 5Tendies
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
My point is that I assume this is would drop SpaceX a bit and provide a good opportunity to buy before the stock turns around. I'm not super knowledgeable in the space, but there isn't really anyone that can touch SpaceX speed/cost for getting shit into orbit (though, like RKLB, there are solid up-and-comers)?
RKLB fits a niche spacex doesn’t. Companies use spacex for cost efficiency at the sacrifice of getting their sat exactly where needed. Highest payer gets priority of where their sat goes. So if you’re low on the payload priority list your sat gets less priority on getting to “jump off” exactly where needed.

RKLB is aimed at sat customers who need their sats at more precise locations and are willing to pay for it. I think small sats primarily fall into this category and the small sat industry is booming.

So yes you’re correct that spacex is the better provider cost wise but it comes at a sacrifice especially for small sat providers.

RKLB is solid. They have multiple successful launches and contracts. They also have a larger product portfolio that includes more than just spacecrafts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love SpaceX but Musk has said many times it may never be profitable. He doesn't care if it makes money. The goal is Mars. Don't be surprised if we see a Starlink spin off and it goes public.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I love SpaceX but Musk has said many times it may never be profitable. He doesn't care if it makes money. The goal is Mars. Don't be surprised if we see a Starlink spin off and it goes public.

1720889675790.png

Yet Mr. Musk is so wedded to the idea of creating a civilization on Mars — he once said he plans to die there — that it has propelled nearly every business endeavor he has undertaken on Earth. His vision for Mars underlies most of the six companies that he leads or owns, each of which could potentially contribute to an extraterrestrial colony, according to the documents and the people with knowledge of the efforts.

The Boring Company, a private tunneling venture founded by Mr. Musk, was started in part to ready equipment to burrow under Mars’s surface, two of the people said. Mr. Musk has told people that he bought X, the social media platform, partly to help test how a citizen-led government that rules by consensus might work on Mars. He has also said that he envisions residents on the planet will drive a version of the steel-paneled Cybertrucks made by Tesla, his electric vehicle company.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I trust any reporting on musk about as well as CNN reporting on Trump.

• 1Truth!

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I trust any reporting on musk about as well as CNN reporting on Trump.
Of course you can trust the mainstream outlets, just assume 15% of what they're saying has some adjacency to a version of the truth and then choose an approximate inverse sentiment. Good to go.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So much this...

I keep hearing that the fed has a 2% goal, hopefully 3 doesn't become the new 2. 3 being the goal is just wealth redistribution

2 isn't? That's an odd take.

-edit- i see it was immediately addressed.

Last edited: