Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I don’t know what I am missing I feel like the Russell is still filled with garbage that I don’t want to own.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
QQ, would VOO have been a better choice than FXAIX in my taxable account?

From my understanding FXAIX due to mutuals potentially trading capital gains it generates taxable events. Granted FXAIX hasn’t made a capital gains distribution since 2019, doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t in the future.

VOO has a higher ER, FXAIX slightly outperforms it.

I like FXAIX in particular because I’m never tempted to time the market. I just DCA in and it can be as little as $10 a day to get my psychological dopamine hit. I’m thinking for this personal reason FXAIX is the better choice. Any thoughts?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Some good movement on UI past few days Blazin Blazin . Wish I had held. Live and learn I guess. On the flip side I think selling SNOW in the 140s and taking the L was the right move

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
QQ - I put in orders the last two days for $25 of FXAIX. I went to check my positions on them in mobile app. For total cost column, it’s not equal to $25. There shouldn’t be any transaction fee associated with this fund. What am I misunderstanding here?

IMG_8847.jpeg

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rotation back on? Tech getting sold and things like WMT, PG, UNH and lots of other unsexy types being bought.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
QQ - I put in orders the last two days for $25 of FXAIX. I went to check my positions on them in mobile app. For total cost column, it’s not equal to $25. There shouldn’t be any transaction fee associated with this fund. What am I misunderstanding here?

View attachment 537133
After doing some digging it looks like for this account I have mutual funds set to “average cost” for cost basis versus “actual cost”.

Should I switch it to actual cost? I started to but then fidelity brought up some big disclaimer and it seems like there may be tax implications.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Some good movement on UI past few days Blazin Blazin . Wish I had held. Live and learn I guess. On the flip side I think selling SNOW in the 140s and taking the L was the right move
Yeah SNOW not being able to maintain that rally it had tells you its dead money right now. We both should have sold at the breakeven at earnings.

As far as IJS, overall market weakness may kill this rally in the short term. I'm trailing it pretty tight. Looked at where I'm at YTD and with this trade I'm willing to play with it a little. I'm not going to recommend what you do I just like to share what I do and why. We can have very different outlooks and overall exposure. To the degree I have an opinion on it, my read is that from now to year end IWM/IJS will outperform SPY but it also seems we could be heading into a pretty choppy period where short term trading may be more profitable than patience.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users