Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, who could possibly foresee that $10+ Big Mac meals were unaffordably absurd.

Start creeping into fast casual food pricing and no one wants trash tier fast food.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
AMD up only 1% for the year atm.

Also all their dmas are stacked right up on each other within a few %;

IMG_20240729_084036965~2.jpg

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
$10 lmao sweet summer child
Not that it matters for the high-priced fast food, but I can get a Big Mac meal for $7.04 using the mobile app's always-present 25% discount. $9.39 otherwise.

I can't remember the last time I've ever gotten a meal or a big mac though. If I got to McDonalds it's a double quarter pounder with cheese and cup of water for $5.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Remember when google let you select "discussions" as a tab at the top and it would only show you posts from forums/newsgroups? Removing that gave way to the flood of SEO garbage we have today and probably was a factor in the decline of forums as a means of sharing and preserving knowledge. One of the most evil things they've ever done in my opinion.

I like to wrench on cars and sometimes you need a very specific bit of information (like where is the wiper relay on a 2003 Shitbox) and that information was much easier to find back then. Now it takes me far longer because first I have to scroll through pages of wiper blade ads to find the one forum for brand_X that isn't dead and gone (along with all the knowledge within it) and then do a site-specific search for the information I need. I'm expecting them to remove that ability too by the way things are going.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Not that it matters for the high-priced fast food, but I can get a Big Mac meal for $7.04 using the mobile app's always-present 25% discount. $9.39 otherwise.

I can't remember the last time I've ever gotten a meal or a big mac though. If I got to McDonalds it's a double quarter pounder with cheese and cup of water for $5.
I can’t fathom why anyone would ever get a Big Mac regardless of price. It’s two of their tiny patties, not even the ones they use on the other premium burgers, with an additional fucking bun in the middle. I legitimately don’t understand the point of this sandwich. A fucking McDouble is superior in every way. They’ll even put mac sauce in it if you ask.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I can’t fathom why anyone would ever get a Big Mac regardless of price. It’s two of their tiny patties, not even the ones they use on the other premium burgers, with an additional fucking bun in the middle. I legitimately don’t understand the point of this sandwich. A fucking McDouble is superior in every way. They’ll even put mac sauce in it if you ask.

Its a burger for fence sitters. the bun in the middle is there to drive that point home

• 2Worf
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to

I just checked it's 15.59 here

• 1WTF

Palum

what Suineg set it to
McDonalds is fucking poison why does anyone eat that shit.

I agree, but it's more just a value proposition in theory. In principle their food is such trash that I would happily pay more to get anything else, but their wider market seems to be gone if they are the same price. Something something investing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What region? I'm in the ann arbor, michigan area.

And that's just the standard big mac meal, right?
NICE TRY NSA.

I guess a large meal and I just looked at it through ubereats not their app.

Unfortunately I live in a rural area that's 'just close enough' to a major metro so I can probably drive another 30 minutes and it would be closer to your price.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I love McDonald’s breakfast but detest all their lunch options. I get 2 for 4.50 sausage egg McMuffin with no sausage atleast 2 times a week.