Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
McDonalds fries are amazing. Most everything else is s-tier. Though a freshly made to order Big Mac with a non-stale bun can be pretty tasty.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
So you're paying $4.50 for an egg and english muffin?
4.50 for 2 but ya. McDonald’s uses real eggs too unlike a lot of the chains. I like the sausages but not good for my health so I usually skip them.

circling back to stock talk I don’t love McDonald’s at a 22 pe and I feel they can’t grow fast enough anymore to justify a growth pe so I dislike them as a long term hold. I likely am going to buy 5k in LW (lamb Weston) which is a supplier and I think massively beat down on the restaurant slow down to the point where it is a real buy with 40+% upside over the next 2 years.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just feel kinda gross after eating about any fast food.

It's funny because its now full circle. If I'm on a road trip I'd rather eat at a gas station, because most of those I can find a freshly prepared sandwich from a local place on sale.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
McDonald's beef is actually pretty good, but their bread might be the worst fast food item in the country.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny because its now full circle. If I'm on a road trip I'd rather eat at a gas station, because most of those I can find a freshly prepared sandwich from a local place on sale.
If that gas station is Buc-ee's, I agree.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NVDA casually shedding a quarter trillion (with a T) in market cap today.

200.gif

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Launch Fail

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apparently not enough to impress the algos.
It dropped below the 200-DMA of $402. It hasn't been there in more than a year. My guess is we get some buyers and it moves up above $402 before the open. I also think the Cloud revenue miss is what caused to drop.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It dropped below the 200-DMA of $402. It hasn't been there in more than a year. My guess is we get some buyers and it moves up above $402 before the open. I also think the Cloud revenue miss is what caused to drop.
Guess ai isn't the revolution it's promised to be? This is also after laying off 1000 or so people in their azure/cloud division last month.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Guess ai isn't the revolution it's promised to be? This is also after laying off 1000 or so people in their azure/cloud division last month.
We’ll get a right-sizing/clean out similar to all the .com stuff that happened in the 90's. It'll normalize and "AI" in some form or another will work it's way into everything again like the web/internet. Or we'll find ourselves in the Matrix etc.

• 2Jonesing
  • 1Solidarity