Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPY sitting right at the 100-DMA looking to grab footing. Keep an eye on this today. You want a close (especially on a Friday) above the 100. Next stop would be $521 and then the 200-DMA at $500

1722612569114.png

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I'm great at throwing money into the stock market. I'm terrible at "making" money. It's annoying.

I don't mind down markets bc I feel like I just continue to DCA and add money and when it comes back up I'll have made money. My problem is DCA'ing when the market's hot and not knowing what to do with the money and then weeks later I've lost 30% of my last six months of investing.

I've even started to scalp profits at times, but I'm seriously missing the boat compared to some folks here.
Rough couple of days the last few days.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very big macro picture on Tech.

1722612954457.png

Same pink line on the intraday 5min chart:

1722613007121.png

Made some purchases into SPY based on this QQQ support and 100D SPY hitting at the same time. Might not be THE bounce, but a good spot to look for a bottoming.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wondering just how much good money to throw after bad money (INTC.)

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Have not posted in forever. I'm all in on SAVE (spirit) after i lost on my merger play gamble. Holding this shit stock until they do bankruptcy or get bought/merge with a savior.

Yep that's right.

BUT , at least I've put margin in my rear view mirror after it fucked me hard during post covid WSB days and my current/future 401k and HSA contributions are just going into indexes. Spirit represents the last of my "I know what I'm doing <but really don't>" money, hoping against hope for that ONE LAST PLAY to recover some of my margin debacle.

My prediction for SAVE is they and that other shit airline Frontier are going to rekindle their merger attempt (that jetBlue sabotaged) once Trump gets reelected in NOV and a new DOJ is on the horizon. If Trump does not get elected then its iffy and who knows what happens. I just can't fathom any airline of size going into bankruptcy these days, not with the staff/gate/infrastructure/PLANE shortage. But hey, what do I know. yolo

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Have not posted in forever. I'm all in on SAVE (spirit) after i lost on my merger play gamble. Holding this shit stock until they do bankruptcy or get bought/merge with a savior.

Yep that's right.

BUT , at least I've put margin in my rear view mirror after it fucked me hard during post covid WSB days and my current/future 401k and HSA contributions are just going into indexes. Spirit represents the last of my "I know what I'm doing <but really don't>" money, hoping against hope for that ONE LAST PLAY to recover some of my margin debacle.

My prediction for SAVE is they and that other shit airline Frontier are going to rekindle their merger attempt (that jetBlue sabotaged) once Trump gets reelected in NOV and a new DOJ is on the horizon. If Trump does not get elected then its iffy and who knows what happens. I just can't fathom any airline of size going into bankruptcy these days, not with the staff/gate/infrastructure/PLANE shortage. But hey, what do I know. yolo
They don’t have Boeing planes you figured based on that alone they’d be up but their customer base is mostly black so statistically speaking you’re more likely to be murdered on spirit than crash on a Boeing plane so it’s a wash.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Volume was junk, this was not a panic sell off it was more violent rotation. Speaking of junk little to no fear in credit (see JNK/HYG). I think this is just a simple correction based on the evidence we have in hand. Make some notes of the sentiment and watch how fast it turns. I wish we could get something more substantive, that makes it much easier to know when its over, so far I see a correction that could end at any moment and on little to nothing.

Did some buying, I held off on size I think just because I want there to be more but I'm getting a feeling there isn't much left to it. Hoping I'm wrong.

• 3Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
First Half GIF

Finished the day up 0.97% after a 3 trillion dollar loss day I’ll take it.
1722629595014.png

This is my "don't sell" stock portfolio and I held up rather well. Red is just tesla fault , apple was carrying it this morning. the implied vol spike this morning was great, sold calls, with almost no price change, are less than half the premium left in them EOD

1722629784488.png

Just today's intra day gain on calls sold this morning.

• 1Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 1 users