Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Damn right wing extremists trying to claim Ireland should be home to Irish people.
well Ai just gave me this cool pic of ancient people of the british isles and it seems things are getting back to their roots.
1722877101167.png

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
We had a our first real rejection on the day right on time after lunch. Now is the time for bears to reassert themselves. I'm debating using a stop here, will update if I take action, I'm leaning no.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wth is going on in Ireland??
Prots and Catlicks teaming up to protest immigration. Its been starting to get spicy there. Buildings getting torched etc. Starting to look like the old days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Ignore the post and doom and gloom, I thought the video was entertaining and is pretty damn on point.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still trying to absorb my Farm bonds being called. The were issued on 8/8/23 after the last Fed rate hike in July of 23. Rates have not gone down since. Its a $40m dollar bond. Interest rates aren't lower and they have to replace it. Why call and reissue a new bond with interest rates the same? Assuming we get a cut or two this year, why not wait until the next call period and reissue the bond with the lower rates in place.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Prots and Catlicks teaming up to protest immigration. Its been starting to get spicy there. Buildings getting torched etc. Starting to look like the old days.

Holy shit. I read about the stuff in England but somehow the Irish stuff totally missed me.

Prots and Cats teaming up means shit must be totally off the chain there.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Holy shit. I read about the stuff in England but someone the Irish stuff totally missed me.

Prots and Cats teaming up means shit must be totally off the chain there.
Yeah, its a "cats and dogs living together" type of moment. And I neglected to mention what's happening in Bangladesh right now.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn't this just say yes the shit has hit the fan?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Someone/some fund dropped $150m to buy shares of QQQ on a decentralized exchange at that 14:08pm vol spike?

1722881713060.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Could be nothing, could be Iran timing a crash into the close...

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did finally get it, turns out Fidelity and others were having some type of login issue...fun times.

Anyway, I had a bunch of puts that I wanted to sell and I'm glad I did because as Blazin Blazin pointed out, we bounced off most resistance or DMA lines. I was able to get almost top dollar on a few of them!

• 1Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't know if anyone caught it, but the 2s and 10s briefly uninverted this afternoon.

1722882800979.png

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn't this just say yes the shit has hit the fan?

No, it would just be saying "We're doing the thing we were going to do anyway 4 weeks early."

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
Still trying to absorb my Farm bonds being called. The were issued on 8/8/23 after the last Fed rate hike in July of 23. Rates have not gone down since. Its a $40m dollar bond. Interest rates aren't lower and they have to replace it. Why call and reissue a new bond with interest rates the same? Assuming we get a cut or two this year, why not wait until the next call period and reissue the bond with the lower rates in place.
1722878993666.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
would love to see a retest of lows tomorrow with the vix a good bit lower than the first time and during normal hours, it's pretty rare for the bottom of a correction to coincide with the highest vix read of course if japan further shits the bed tomorrow who knows, we can't build a sustainable rally without calming. A dip lower doesn't have to be to the penny its bullish if it stops at a higher level but it needs to be low enough to be into that scary area. At 2:48Pm I'd say the market handled this stress test pretty well given the extreme nature of it.

As far as how I deploy capital back, I want to get some longer term money in and still leave myself dry powder to play with $400-500k as far as my retirement money I sold earlier I already win by buying back in now, I don't need to catch the bottom. No matter what happens I gained some nice alpha on the market only way I can screw that up at this point is to not get back in. If we drop lower no biggie to me I don't think much about that account and can go years without touching it. I see more people screw up market timing by failing to re enter than I see messing up selling tops

• 1Like