Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPY just dropped back below the intermediate support level (thick blue line)

1722885078172.png

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
bought $50k of S&P

QQQ chart is looking better than S&P, this purchase is an account I don't have a QQQ option (which irks me)

even worse this is a mutual fund so it will purchase at the close. So archaic...

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
bought $50k of S&P

QQQ chart is looking better than S&P, this purchase is an account I don't have a QQQ option (which irks me)

even worse this is a mutual fund so it will purchase at the close. So archaic...

Is this how they get the closing price?

1722887277539.jpeg

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
bought $50k of S&P

Why not use ONEQ?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Why not use ONEQ?
It's a self directed brokerage within a 403, mutual fund only and Schwab and many of the non Schwab funds have fees. It's completely idiotic and nothing I can do about it for the time being.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
so they rebranded we aren't getting "Markets in Turmoil" but we are getting a special "Market Sell Off" on CNBC tonight 7pm

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You guys can get whatever you want. The only thing I'm getting is a pantry full of rice and beans.

It's time to panic!!!!

• 1Tendies

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It's days like today that I miss the guy "You'll never see Dow above 20,000 again in our lifetimes" though to be fair he may have been listening to the other Mr Salt guy Khorum? who thought covid would wipe out most of the earths population. Fear is easy and intellectually lazy.

I am officially satisfied reviewing today's volume numbers was bugging me in its absence.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's days like today that I miss the guy "You'll never see Dow above 20,000 again in our lifetimes" though to be fair he may have been listening to the other Mr Salt guy Khorum? who thought covid would wipe out most of the earths population. Fear is easy and intellectually lazy.

I am officially satisfied reviewing today's volume numbers was bugging me in its absence.

I don't think he ever left. He's now a leader of the new FoH party which is gaining traction in the general forums as a legitimate contender for president in 2028.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
so biggest crash since Covid. Full recovery in 24 hours? That’s some record yo-yo.

next major catalyst maybe smci earnings tomorrow, a strong result may pull Nvidia back up to 115 and take the qs back to 460 with it.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, if you limit it to today, maybe. We're still down like 3% though. But this downturn started a week ago and we've fallen like 10% now. So not really a full recovery, and it'll take quite a bit to regain that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
so biggest crash since Covid. Full recovery in 24 hours? That’s some record yo-yo.

next major catalyst maybe smci earnings tomorrow, a strong result may pull Nvidia back up to 115 and take the qs back to 460 with it.
You mean biggest crash since the Ukraine invasion maybe. I'd consider that post-covid.

Anyway, this seems more like deep profit-taking after a sustained irrational melt up to me.