Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
So the thesis here is HD sales are down year over year because they are 3% shittier this year than last year?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
HD has traditionally been the better run company nation wide. I invest in LOW and not HD because that is where I shop and it easier for me to track what is happening with the company.

HD Quarterly Sales History
1723566983061.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
the rally at the moment being fueled by nvidia and nothing else worries me.

Rejected repeatedly at 115, keeps trying though but each pullback gets bigger.

I sold at 114.70 earlier today on the thesis that it had a 10% run in past 2 days and it was overextended and due for some sort of correction. Will keep an eye on it to buy the dip again.

I'm still confident it can hit $150 (or at least come close) by end of August but most of that bump will have to come from its ER on 8/28. Indirectly I've seen several companies/people including Musk mentioning they've been buying all the new Blackwell GPUs from NVDA and they can't get enough of them, so NVDA sales likely have been gangbusters all spring.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i don't know why but I always prefer to go to the Lowes which is right next to the closest HD to me. probably cause HD shares a parking lot w/ Walmart. I could like a dozen common fuckeries i see every time I'm in a walmart parking lot.
I've switched in the last few years. Lowe's just doesn't have the products anymore and our local one had all registers removed for self check (aside from commercial exit ones). You basically get watched like you're in jail checking out awkward shit like bags of decorative rocks or mulch as a half dozen employees mill about in the return/order pickup area. Worthless.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Ladies and gentlemen we have arrived at our destination.
1723567637099.png

If we can get on top here would be quite bullish, or we do we get a W. Looking at big tech names individually I see how it could keep going. My gut read continues to be a W, if I'm wrong I'll just have to lick my wounds of missing 2% and get on board. Still haven't touched SPY position but pretty much the same set up. Today is a pretty solid tick towards bullish outcome, bears need to show up between now and the close or they are going to completely lose the momentum of the correction.

• 1To the Moon!
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I've switched in the last few years. Lowe's just doesn't have the products anymore and our local one had all registers removed for self check (aside from commercial exit ones). You basically get watched like you're in jail checking out awkward shit like bags of decorative rocks or mulch as a half dozen employees mill about in the return/order pickup area. Worthless.

I got to Menards ( https://www.menards.com/ ) these days. The stores are 1.5x-2x bigger than Home Depot or Lowes, ridiculously huge selection

Best of all, you get a 11% rebate on anything you buy. Use their store credit card (from Capital One) and you get an additional 2% off everything.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ya who needs food or shelter when your have Ozempic and the metaverse,it’s is all we need. I guess the corpo bastards need msft still for their excel and pbi graphs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
i don't know why but I always prefer to go to the Lowes which is right next to the closest HD to me. probably cause HD shares a parking lot w/ Walmart. I could like a dozen common fuckeries i see every time I'm in a walmart parking lot.
I like Lowes because I get a 10% discount on basically everything but lumber for being a veteran. HD only does it for like July 4th and Veteran's Day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
I like Lowes because I get a 10% discount on basically everything but lumber for being a veteran. HD only does it for like July 4th and Veteran's Day.
How do you prove to them that you’re a veteran?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
How do you prove to them that you’re a veteran?

Use to be you had to show em a dd214 but now you can get it squared away online and your phone number works. This is also the reason I primarily shop at lowes, plus I feel like they cater more to hobby home projects vs hd catering to contractors.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Tomorrow will be be the deciding day. If retail sales are shit and wmt guides poorly this rally will go poof.

• 1Launch Fail

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Tomorrow will be be the deciding day. If retail sales are shit and wmt guides poorly this rally will go poof.

Theres quite a bit of economic news tomorrow:

Jobless claims
Retail sales
Fed speeches
Business inventories
Manufacturing index
Industrial production
Housing market index

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I sold at 114.70 earlier today on the thesis that it had a 10% run in past 2 days and it was overextended and due for some sort of correction. Will keep an eye on it to buy the dip again.

Looks like everything is correcting

Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
So Goog hammered on this anti trust news. After already being one of the slowest recovering mag7 stocks. Is it a buy though? I honestly would be shocked if the gov finally wakes up from its 25 year slumber on anti trust but who knows.

• 1Solidarity