Investing General Discussion

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
Google looks to be right at the base of its upward channel. We interested in a trade here or too much regulatory risk?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which should surprise literally no one because it's happened every month for the last 3 and a half years. We've got China levels of government data.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Right, the adjusting past jobs numbers don't actually change the current demand and debt data.

If anything, it shows that demand has held up despite there being less jobs than they thought?

I still think all these jobs numbers are nonsense in the modern economy. There's >13 million Americans who make more than fulltime job money just posting shit on the internet. Then there's gig workers. Neither of these classes of workers existed previously.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
What a rally, don't see something like this very often. Still holding SPY, so far any profit taking I've done has been wrong. It's tempting to sell today or tomorrow but it has a lot of momentum now and it's tempting to want to hold on for a run at 600

• 3Like

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
RKLB is crushing it. Neutron (Neutron | Rocket Lab) is going to be a huge deal. It will be a direct competitor to falcon 9.

It will drive some competition on ability, timing and launch trajectory.
The US govt is the largest procurement of launches in the world and they don’t like having a single source launch provider. It’s too risky for them. And with ULA doing so horrible and Northrop not doing very hot, there is a chance (hard one) that SpaceX and RKLB could end up as their top 2 choices.

Neutron will also provide a launch platform for RKLB sats. Their electron launch platform is too small to launch their own sats. For example, RKLB’s mars mission sats are going up on a blue origin rocket (🙄).

Beck said he believes that 50% of neutron launches will be for their satellites and satellite customers. So that also gives them a leg up on end to end cost since they control more of it.

As a disclaimer this isn’t really my own analysis but that of a friend who works in the industry. I plan on expanding my RKLB position if it pulls back some. I think the future is promising for them over the next 3 years.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a rally, don't see something like this very often. Still holding SPY, so far any profit taking I've done has been wrong. It's tempting to sell today or tomorrow but it has a lot of momentum now and it's tempting to want to hold on for a run at 600
I always have to remind myself that we had crazy stretches like in the 90's where you had way bigger years than this 5 years in a row (38%, 23%, 33%, 28%, 21%).

Anything is possible.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I always have to remind myself that we had crazy stretches like in the 90's where you had way bigger years than this 5 years in a row (38%, 23%, 33%, 28%, 21%).

Anything is possible.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Your welcome. Markets always run when I'm on vacation.

• 2Salty
  • 1Worf

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
That 90s boom was fueled by what though? Falling interest rates. Rising domestic productivity due to finally seeing the benefits of personal computers that eventually lead into the dot com bubble. And pretty extreme deflationary pressure from the explosion in Asian manufacturing.

not saying we won’t see the same thing again but it sure doesn’t seem like we have that many positive catalysts lined up at the moment.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's also

31%, 18%, 28% from 2019 - 2021
21%, 23%, 6%, 32%, 19% from 1982 - 1986
21%, 23%, 19%, 39% in the 1942 - 1945 WWII years
10%, 29%, 5%, 27%, 25%, 11%, 37%, 47% from 1921 - 1928

And tons of 15-25% back to back years that I didn't want to add.

I'd say the actual difference now is that in most of those years (I imagine, at least for dotcom though) is that it was spread among a ton of companies across the economy. This one (AI boom? maybe just tech) is being driven by like a dozen companies total.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I need to stop listening to my permabear friend who is constantly talking me out of good trades.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I know you guys don’t care about the safer side of investing due to your age / more aggressive holdings, but my days of finding 5% cds for old people are long gone and I’m now struggling to find 5% individual bonds through reputable companies, but there are a few left. (Talking 1-3 year duration)

Theoretically, what will benefit from a continually declining interest rate on the safer side of a portfolio? Maybe dividend stocks and the energy sector which has gotten shit on for a while now.

On the aggressive side I like the mid small caps finally having their year potentially, but you have to be a wild man to pick them individually.

take all of this with the caveat that I’m barely right more than I am wrong ! G.L.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If fed does start cutting rates going to have a lot of people wishing they had moved money from MM funds to Treasury notes when they were at 4.75-5

• 2Truth!