Investing General Discussion

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder how much programmed selling occurs when a stock hits a 52-high. So often I see stuff hit 52-high and then immediately fall back. It seems pretty rare for it to just blast through and keep going.

I pretty much play technical lines for that reason. Retail investors certainly don’t unionize and say “ok, let’s hold the 50dma!” It’s all algorithms, HFT, etc.

The only time humans get involved is massive swings on good/bad news cycles. The kind of swings that ignore lines while people jump ship or climb on board at almost any cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm starting to take some more ticks towards concern. This looks like distribution to me. Days and days of them popping it in the AH on no volume just to spend the whole cash session selling into it.

1725034303967.png

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

100 point cut by year end would be a sign of a panic, wouldn't it?

• 1Picard

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blazin Blazin

Wholeheartedly agree with your take. Though, the close yesterday was a pretty big push. End of month before a holiday weekend, so take it with a grain of salt. Still needs to break over and close above the highs. I've sold about 80% of my equities buys from early August yen panic. Happy to rebuy higher if we get confirmations above these levels.

1725083499395.png

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin

Wholeheartedly agree with your take. Though, the close yesterday was a pretty big push. End of month before a holiday weekend, so take it with a grain of salt. Still needs to break over and close above the highs. I've sold about 80% of my equities buys from early August yen panic. Happy to rebuy higher if we get confirmations above these levels.

View attachment 543936
We break that ATH by even a penny we are going to 570+ and a decent shot at 600. next week with some volume coming back in should be interesting. THe scenario I would prefer is a back check and then a sling shot to new territory with some momentum. If we get that check back it could be very short lived , maybe less than three days. It's a tough spot right now because there is no clear path. Do they tick the high then retrace for example. Either way if we set a new high I think that is a strong signal its going higher regardless.

If this happens small caps will likely outperform, I think I'd rather split my bet between S&P and russell . I think I'll avoid QQQ as it to me is the more likely underperformer in that scenario. If we get a tech driven rally then I would lower my expectations for how high we are going. Other than my LT hold stocks I'm all cash going into next week, going to be need to be on toes for a bit. Have a decent gain on the year so just need to be smart here and not make any major mistake.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It’s happening.

Unless they've made substantial improvements to FSD I'm not hopeful. I have a Model Y and had FSD free for a few months this year and did not find the experience comfortable at all. Lots of subtle things wrong - cornering acceleration, curb tracking, stop/start transitions, lane merging, etc. I don't think I'd take a taxi with the current state of the tech. (The highway lane assist is great; I just really hate how it handles surface streets.)

That probably means the stock doubles.

Last edited:

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Unless they've made substantial improvements to FSD I'm not hopeful. I have a Model Y and had FSD free for a few months this year and did not find the experience comfortable at all. Lots of subtle things wrong - cornering acceleration, curb tracking, stop/start transitions, lane merging, etc. I don't think I'd take a taxi with the current state of the tech. (The highway lane assist is great; I just really hate how it handles surface streets.)

I tried it out for a few drives after we got our Y earlier this year. The only spots that gave it trouble were an oddly shaped parking lot with old/extra parking space lines at my kids preschool, and the driveway to get back into the main road which is pretty steep. It’s a pretty easy route though, no weird intersections or anything. It could use more finesse in on the accelerator/braking in normal traffic, but it isn’t terrible. I agree that it’s pretty on point for highway/lane assist like you say. L

The biggest difference between the 3 we had before and the new Y, as far as daily usage goes, is the lack of ultrasonic sensors for parking.

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>

I tried it out for a few drives after we got our Y earlier this year. The only spots that gave it trouble were an oddly shaped parking lot with old/extra parking space lines at my kids preschool, and the driveway to get back into the main road which is pretty steep. It’s a pretty easy route though, no weird intersections or anything. It could use more finesse in on the accelerator/braking in normal traffic, but it isn’t terrible. I agree that it’s pretty on point for highway/lane assist like you say. L

The biggest difference between the 3 we had before and the new Y, as far as daily usage goes, is the lack of ultrasonic sensors for parking.

Your negative personal anecdotes do not mean this won’t make the stonk go to the moon. You guys know how this works by now!

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Blazin Blazin I wish I had bought TSLA at 140. Seems like it was yesterday we were discussing that 130 was the sweet spot for entry 🥺

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

FSD on local roads is a work in progress and will probably always be so. It ain't ready for primetime, except maybe in a rural. On a highway though with less variables it's rock solid.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, my mom mentioned that they used it from North Carolina all the way to Maryland without doing anything.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, my mom mentioned that they used it from North Carolina all the way to Maryland without doing anything.
Most advanced cruise control systems take 90% of the work out of highway driving already.

It can't be a "robotaxi" until it can navigate San Francisco, NY, or Boston better than a human.

• 1EyeRoll