Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FYI:

Social media has some chatter right now about pumping up UWMC for a short squeeze. Very unlikely of course, BUT, I think at $9 a share this isn’t a bad stock at all to begin with, especially considering their 822 percent positive earnings report. Could be worth a flip this week if it actually pans out. Even if they only blow it up to $13-14 a share or something.

I own zero shares but have some $12.5 calls expiring this week.
Not to disagree with you but the chart and data doesn't support either the "short-squeeze" or the "isnt a bad stock" . Looks like the $9 share price is about 6-8% low its historical average.

1613332945480.png

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
FYI:

Social media has some chatter right now about pumping up UWMC for a short squeeze. Very unlikely of course, BUT, I think at $9 a share this isn’t a bad stock at all to begin with, especially considering their 822 percent positive earnings report. Could be worth a flip this week if it actually pans out. Even if they only blow it up to $13-14 a share or something.

I own zero shares but have some $12.5 calls expiring this week.

So, if I think it’s going to go up by Friday the 19th, I could buy a call @ 12.5 and make 38% if it hit 12.5 or could sell sooner for a smaller return?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This price is as of the close. You would spend 5 cents ($5.0 per contract) to buy this call option. Currently the Delta is 0.0098 which is a 9/10ths of a cent move per dollar increase of the stock price. This will increase as the share price moves closer to the strike. So if it gets to $10 a share you option would be worth about 6 cents instead of 5. However, since it is out of the money and you are dealing w/options that expires in 4 days (Tues to Fri), the time decay is going to be a bitch. To hit in the money you need the stock to appreciate 37.67% in four days. Because of time decay and a 4 day expiry if this doesn't hit the money and then some on Friday its going to be worthless. This is because it will have roughly zero time value on Friday and intrinsic is the only way to make money. Unless you have some good insider info on this, I dont get why you would buy it.

1613336337899.png

1613336598225.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ya but it looks real faggy
Agree. I will never understand making the Bolt have a new shitty body when everyone loved how sharp and manly the Volt looked. I had a Volt and intended to upgrade to a Bolt when it came out. I saw it and noped the fuck out. It boggles my mind to this day.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Agree. I will never understand making the Bolt have a new shitty body when everyone loved how sharp and manly the Volt looked. I had a Volt and intended to upgrade to a Bolt when it came out. I saw it and noped the fuck out. It boggles my mind to this day.

I don't know about the volt being manly, but ya, don't make the thing look like a fucking first gen prius. If I was in the market for ev I'd ditch a few miles of range and pay a little more to not drive something that looks like that. That said, a lot of ev buyers want to virtue signal as hard as possible so there's a chance the more retarded looking clown vehicle they can get, the better.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't know about the volt being manly, but ya, don't make the thing look like a fucking first gen prius. If I was in the market for ev I'd ditch a few miles of range and pay a little more to not drive something that looks like that. That said, a lot of ev buyers want to virtue signal as hard as possible so there's a chance the more retarded looking clown vehicle they can get, the better.
Bah, that shit looked dope.

1613342443389.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
it blends in with other sedans, which I guess is dope. agree
Maybe I was stretching it a bit with manly. It was a great car design though. I really liked driving it. Handled like a dream with wide body and low center of gravity due to the battery placement.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wish they’d make EVs look good. Why do they keep making them look so stupid? Maybe people would adopt them quicker if they didn’t make it look like the driver gives handjobs with his buttcheeks.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone else eyeing Jumia, JMIA? I've been trying to decide on some long holds (1-5 years) and it came highly recommended from someone at work that I trust and is very risk averse. Earnings on the 24th.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m also interesting in getting into longer plays. I don’t like checking my stonks every day. I much prefer that egg hatching mentality.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m also interesting in getting into longer plays. I don’t like checking my stonks every day. I much prefer that egg hatching mentality.

I don't knock anyone for long term holds. I mean, I have a long term investment account that I just let it sit and grow. Deposit a little each check and add shares.

That said, that shit is boooooring. I trade for the adrenaline rush I get from it. Typically, I don't hold anything for longer than a week in my trading account.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
ETFs like QQQ, FTEC, SLYV, SPYG, IVV, dozens of others.

If you just want specific companies start buying ones that aren’t going anywhere. Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Disney, walmart, etc.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ETFs like QQQ, FTEC, SLYV, SPYG, IVV, dozens of others.

If you just want specific companies start buying ones that aren’t going anywhere. Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Disney, walmart, etc.
lol you just described the holdings in my account :)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why I will never trade commodities.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Why I will never trade commodities.

living in texas, I can tell you that the on the ground solution was to just turn the power off until they found something affordable. To quote my power company "Customer service is closed during rolling blackouts."

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Many are locked into contracts of varying lengths for X amount per kilowatt in TX.