Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Damn, oil is fucking crashing.
EU economy is in a tailspin, china keeps punching itself in the dick, and Biden is hoovering out all of the strategic reserves at record rates. Of course oil prices will go down. If China ever wakes up and the SPR gets critically low, they'll bounce right back up.

OPEC might call a larger production cut in response, but I doubt any of the big players are bothered by oil 80$, they are still making lots of money at that price.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For reference, we are basically back to pre-Ukraine invasion prices.

This should also have a noticeable influence on CPI / PPI readings.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I had a dream last night that today was going to be an absolute bloodbath, starting with crypto going effectively to zero.

This is an utterly meaningless datapoint.

even your subconscious is making fun of your iq claims

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still showing only 1/4 of my deposit into fidelity as available to trade, trigger me timbers

Sludig

Did you call them?
Looking up a number now, thru app it wanted to shuffle me to a virtual assistant. Got traumatized by 2 weeks of dealing with dumber than joggers Indians with 2 companies customer service and lately like in person so I don't have incompetent poos to talk to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Did you call them?
Lawl, 10 minute hold to get anyone, but then 14 minutes for then to research my question on hold for a simple why isn't my full balance available.

Due to the amount it's held/ not collected from scamfargo until the 10th. Seems a bit long to finalize but whatever.

Sludig

Opening a Roth ira, is it possible to be a joint account with wife and I to drop the 12k yearly contribution into, or am stuck opening a separate fidelity account and managing/ keeping track for her?

We covered before possibly just putting full paycheck into 401k until I catch up and max for the year and sipping of our funds as an indirect way of getting money into a tax vehicle.

Past those 2 anything else I should consider doing other than just dumping the money I want to invest into ivv out of the brokerage account?
It's small potatoes especially in this inflation but the 10k I bond even with dating with vs dumping into brokerage account?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Lawl, 10 minute hold to get anyone, but then 14 minutes for then to research my question on hold for a simple why isn't my full balance available.

Due to the amount it's held/ not collected from scamfargo until the 10th. Seems a bit long to finalize but whatever.
there's your issue - wells fargo

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1662672109142.png

Who's still holding this?

Unidin

Molten Core Raider

This is false. The ACH system is overnight or at worst 2-3 days depending on your bank. With Wells' size, it's likely your brokerage firm has an account at WF and has the amount even that same day. They're choosing to not make it all available right away because an ACH can be reversed up to 2 days after it happens due to NSF and 5 days for other reasons. If that transfer is large based on the average balance of your account, they were likely holding it to make sure you're not trying to scam them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user