It (2017)

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
You might be right
frown.png

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another book I would like to see made into a movie is the The Long Walk.
I think this will definitely end up on film, and that makes me happy. I'd love to see the other story from that compilation on film too (Rage), but it will never happen. Waaaaaay too controversial in this climate. I read both The Bachman Books and Different Seasons in my early teens and they were pretty influential on my outlook at the time.

It's funny there were 8 stories between The Bachman Books and Different Seasons and they've made a movie (or at least attempted to) out of almost all of them.

Hope Springs Eternal: Shawshank Redemption- movie
Summer of Corruption: Apt Pupil- movie
Fall From Innocense: The Body- movie (Stand by Me)
Winter something something: The Breathing Method- no movie

Rage- no movie, probably never will be
The Long Walk- no movie, hopefully will be
Roadwork- no movie (I don't even remember reading this one)
The Running Man- almost totally unrelated movie

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think this will definitely end up on film, and that makes me happy. I'd love to see the other story from that compilation on film too (Rage), but it will never happen. Waaaaaay too controversial in this climate. I read both The Bachman Books and Different Seasons in my early teens and they were pretty influential on my outlook at the time.

It's funny there were 8 stories between The Bachman Books and Different Seasons and they've made a movie (or at least attempted to) out of almost all of them.

Hope Springs Eternal: Shawshank Redemption- movie
Summer of Corruption: Apt Pupil- movie
Fall From Innocense: The Body- movie (Stand by Me)
Winter something something: The Breathing Method- no movie

Rage- no movie, probably never will be
The Long Walk- no movie, hopefully will be
Roadwork- no movie (I don't even remember reading this one)
The Running Man- almost totally unrelated movie
roadwork is about a man who loses his job, wife and likely his sanity and shit just keeps going bad until he snaps and blows up the fucking highway construction. its a fun read and it has a sort of Taxi Driver vibe. Breathing method is a good story, but i liked "the man who would not shake hands" even better.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
No love for Skeleton Crew?

I actually think I found that in my school library when I was still in elementary. There was some disturbing shit in there. Great book.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It looks like IT is getting a Blu-Ray release in a couple months.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No love for Skeleton Crew?

I actually think I found that in my school library when I was still in elementary. There was some disturbing shit in there. Great book.
much love for SC . The Jaunt, The Reach, Mrs Todd's shortcut, the ballad of the flexible bullet. all classics. Night Shift has some great stories in there too. the mangler, gray matter, boogeyman and one for the road. all scary stories. some of those were adapted, usually poorly. they could easily do them again.

Sulrn

Deuces
roadwork is about a man who loses his job, wife and likely his sanity and shit just keeps going bad until he snaps and blows up the fucking highway construction. its a fun read and it has a sort of Taxi Driver vibe. Breathing method is a good story, but i liked "the man who would not shake hands" even better.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaGVZyEP_QlzZGuYp6HPBu5Cf-0a8iojqncazyBHVdAc0qK20v

?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Article with some info and a look at Pennywise in his full getup:

Pennywise looks absolutely terrifying in the remake of Stephen King’s It

I kind of dig the old schoolness of his clown suit. This was one of my favorite King books which I reread recently and just flew through it. I never saw Mama so I don't know jack about the director, but hopefully they can succeed in making a scary adaptation. The writer also has pretty few credited films to his name. Guess this could work for, or against the movie...

khorum

Murder Apologist
I still wish it was a netflix or HBO series (or Starz or FX for that matter) but yeah I dig the costume:

pennywise.jpg

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Imho the whole point of pennywise was that he looked friendly to children until it was too late, and rather than even try to compete with Tim Curry they instead made him an ugly looking stalker type instead. I think it's a mistake especially in this day and age where gore and scare movies are so well done. The creepy terror of seeing someone lured to their doom is better.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Beyond the costume his challenge is come close to Tim Curry's RANGE. Tim Curry could go from nyuk-nyuk clownshoes and drop a few decibels to a growling psychotic menace... the dude was pretty much perfect for the role. He supposedly immersed himself in videos and testimony from John Wayne Gacy's trial to research for the part and really hated it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Imho the whole point of pennywise was that he looked friendly to children until it was too late, and rather than even try to compete with Tim Curry they instead made him an ugly looking stalker type instead. I think it's a mistake especially in this day and age where gore and scare movies are so well done. The creepy terror of seeing someone lured to their doom is better.
Yeah, turning him into some demon clown totally misses the point.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Actual trailer is out

Looks alright. It's just a trailer but boy can I not differentiate any of these kids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Oh fuck off movie! 36 years old and clowns still scare the shit out of me. Between original IT, Killer Clowns from Outer Space, and John Wayne Gacy (who lived 40 miles from my house before I was born)...

Nope. I don't need this shit in my life lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks fun, seems like they are trying to be at least a bit different then the original which is good.