It (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The thing that stuck with me the most from the novel was how, when lost in the sewers, the 11 year old girl decides they need a morale boost so fucks all 6 of her friends back to back with graphic descriptions of sloppy 2nds through 6ths. This cements their "power of friendship" that allows them to find the way out. He always has strange sex scenes in his books but that one takes the cake because it was so unnecessary. Stephen King is a weird dude.

I was wondering if this was a joke or something and came along this: Top 5 Sickest Stephen King Sex Scenes (NSFW)

Fuck, that's some weird shit to be writing. I've read a few King books in my day but apparently none of the ones with weird and elaborately described sex scenes.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
IT is full of creepy sex shit. You might gloss over it the first time and not realize how much of it there is given the size of the book but the second time around it started to get absurd. In addition to Beverly banging every member of The Loser's Club in turn there's creepy shit with her dad in a few places, with her abusive husband, she watches a few of the bullies light their own farts which leads to a gay handjob that she watches while thinking about Bill, etc. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

And there's weird shit with the other characters too. She just happens to get the lion's share.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actual trailer is out

Looks alright. It's just a trailer but boy can I not differentiate any of these kids.
had no problem at all telling them apart. i am also a huge SK nerd.
looks like they updated it too to at least the 80s era, i guess they jumped on the Stranger Things retro bandwagon. from that trailer it looks like they do justice with the Loser's Club first IT experiences. Neibolt Street, Eddie Kaspbrak(sp), The Standpipe, Michael Hanlon (though isnt that Stan Uris's experience and Hanlon had his at the Kitchener Ironworks?), they changed up the school scene with Ben Hanscom. i didnt see Bev's drain explosion or Richie's Paul Bunyon though i assume Georgie in the room with Bill was part of the school yearbook scene

i dunno if the movie is completed or its going to be two parts because it looks like all the stuff shown was their kid stuff (1989?) and the conclusion will be held in present day 28 years later??

edit. drain explosion is in there. and i dunno what scene that is with mike hanlon. is that Tracker Brothers where they played stickball?

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
had no problem at all telling them apart. i am also a huge SK nerd.
looks like they updated it too to at least the 80s era, i guess they jumped on the Stranger Things retro bandwagon. from that trailer it looks like they do justice with the Loser's Club first IT experiences. Neibolt Street, Eddie Kaspbrak(sp), The Standpipe, Michael Hanlon (though isnt that Stan Uris's experience and Hanlon had his at the Kitchener Ironworks?), they changed up the school scene with Ben Hanscom. i didnt see Bev's drain explosion or Richie's Paul Bunyon though i assume Georgie in the room with Bill was part of the school yearbook scene

i dunno if the movie is completed or its going to be two parts because it looks like all the stuff shown was their kid stuff (1989?) and the conclusion will be held in present day 28 years later??

With Mike I think that's The Fire at The Black Spot. Given that Mike has a couple different ways for him to see IT given the source material I think going with this one and maybe skipping the ironworks and the bird entirely makes a lot of sense. That little story in the book is really great and I'd be happy to see it incorporated into this film.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
With Mike I think that's The Fire at The Black Spot. Given that Mike has a couple different ways for him to see IT given the source material I think going with this one and maybe skipping the ironworks and the bird entirely makes a lot of sense. That little story in the book is really great and I'd be happy to see it incorporated into this film.
it could be, but the Black Spot is all gone by then and the updated timeline totally annuls that kind of story for his dad to be telling him.
yes i loved those Interludes. i read the entire book over a dozen times, but i have read just those Interludes quite a bit more on their own. i like the bonnie and clyde one and the lumberjack rampage too.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
His dad could be telling him the story his grandpa told him from his time in the Army.

It just looks like a fire to me. There's some black imagery on the stone walls of the building in the scene. Mike sees something that reminds him of that story and shit goes crazy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
His dad could be telling him the story his grandpa told him from his time in the Army.

It just looks like a fire to me. There's some black imagery on the stone walls of the building in the scene. Mike sees something that reminds him of that story and shit goes crazy.
ok i gotcha, yeah those hands reaching out of the door could be all the burned people trying to escape the fire in the BS. first thing i thought of was the dead boys trying to escape from the standpipe, but i went back and examined it a few times now and i have no idea where that could be. could be where the BS was way back when though. its definitely different from the books. and who owns that Trans Am?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
ok i gotcha, yeah those hands reaching out of the door could be all the burned people trying to escape the fire in the BS. first thing i thought of was the dead boys trying to escape from the standpipe, but i went back and examined it a few times now and i have no idea where that could be. could be where the BS was way back when though. its definitely different from the books. and who owns that Trans Am?

Butch Bowers I'd guess. The kid sitting against the car in the first scene with it is Patrick Hockstetter. He's the face on the missing poster. The kid in the camo pants is Henry Bowers and then the fat kid is Belch I think? I'm not sure which is Victor Chris and which is Henry.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Butch Bowers I'd guess. The kid sitting against the car in the first scene with it is Patrick Hockstetter. He's the face on the missing poster. The kid in the camo pants is Henry Bowers and then the fat kid is Belch I think? I'm not sure which is Victor Chris and which is Henry.
hah, you'e probably right, they kinda fucked their story though doing that. whats some teen with a car who could drive anywhere he wanted to have any reason to go after some little kids? at least henry bowers in the books went to school with them and was dirt poor so he couldnt go anywhere and had reason to be angry.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks alright. Would have been way better if Cary Fukunaga ended up directing it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
hah, you'e probably right, they kinda fucked their story though doing that. whats some teen with a car who could drive anywhere he wanted to have any reason to go after some little kids? at least henry bowers in the books went to school with them and was dirt poor so he couldnt go anywhere and had reason to be angry.

Poppa Bowers would tan his hide if he even sat behind the wheel! I think they are just fucking around at Henry's house. The first shot makes it look like a field or something they are in but the second shot you can see they are in what looks like a yard on a farm or something.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Poppa Bowers would tan his hide if he even sat behind the wheel! I think they are just fucking around at Henry's house. The first shot makes it look like a field or something they are in but the second shot you can see they are in what looks like a yard on a farm or something.
that was a pretty spendy car back then, poppa bowers in this new version has the bucks to buy a mid life crisis.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>

It is going to be 2 parts, yes. Part 1 is kids, part 2 is as adults. They were kind of hedging their bets to see what reaction would be to first glimpses but went full bore with production on part 2 once the feedback was so good from the initial peek a few weeks ago at SXSW (I believe thats where it was).

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I hope it's good because as a fan of the horror genre the pickings have been slim year to year. Maybe if this makes a sack of cash we can get something other than found footage demon possession crap.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I hope it's good because as a fan of the horror genre the pickings have been slim year to year. Maybe if this makes a sack of cash we can get something other than found footage demon possession crap.
im still a little irked over how silly scary they made pennywise. dude should look like a regular clown and then morph into the clown monster like he did in the books. i mean if he looked like that at the beginning of the trailer, would georgie ever gone back to him for his boat or the balloon?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've heard that from a few people and I don't disagree. I'm interested in hearing what this new Pennywise sounds like.

Georgie might just be dumb as fuck.

• 1Solidarity

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Don't recall many details from the book but I remember the needless sex scenes. And the cosmic turtle bit, Derry getting torn up, none of which occurred in the miniseries.

Koivu

Molten Core Raider
Regarding the car and daddy Bowers. In the book Bowers owns a nice car that he is very proud of. The car gets sold after Bowers is found guilty of poisoning the Hanlon's chickens and has to pay restitution. It's the root cause of Bowers' utterly insane hatred/obsession with the Hanlon family that he transfers to his son. Seems to be flashback scene, since the implication in the original was that Butch had never seen the car, just heard legendary tales of the "injustice" of how his father was forced to sell it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Regarding the car and daddy Bowers. In the book Bowers owns a nice car that he is very proud of. The car gets sold after Bowers is found guilty of poisoning the Hanlon's chickens and has to pay restitution. It's the root cause of Bowers' utterly insane hatred/obsession with the Hanlon family that he transfers to his son. Seems to be flashback scene, since the implication in the original was that Butch had never seen the car, just heard legendary tales of the "injustice" of how his father was forced to sell it.
well, butch still has the car in this movie, and so henry has no apparent reason to hate on mike hanlon, let alone the other kids.