It (2017)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the stephen king wiki says henry bowers is 12 in 1958, same age as the other kids, i know that cant be right, because he already stayed back a grade, but i also dont think he's 17 and still attending 7th grade.

spronk

FPS noob
in the california and NYC version, Pennywise is replaced by President Trump

17626593_10155085065907158_6953696489981947933_n.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i'm not going to sleep well for weeks after seeing this, just like when i read the book. fuck that clown.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Between this clown and the one from the original poltergeist... I have never been the same with clowns.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I liked the kids, but they seemed a little too cool to be the losers. More like just a bunch of kids on Adderall

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
looking good

Agreed. Didn't have high hopes at all for this, and still a bit wary (trailers and all that shit), but crossing fingers that this might be one of the better adaptations. May even be as good as Christine. At least it looks hands down better then The Dark Tower bullshit, so that's a plus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
man, fuck clowns i'd shit my pants if i saw that IRL

i guess they are going for a 2 movie split, kids in pt 1 and adults in pt 2

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I feel like this will be very good, but the adult sequel will be awful. Just not as good of material.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am cautiously optimistic about this.

Mainly taking the kids to see it in order to freak them out about clowns for the rest of their lives. Parenting is fun.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm guessing we're not going to get the scene where the bully masturbates to microwaving animals alive at the junkyard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm guessing we're not going to get the scene where the bully masturbates to microwaving animals alive at the junkyard.

You can see Patrick Hockstetter in the trailer including a missing persons poster on a poll for him but it does seem very unlikely he'll be wanking off Henry Bowers while Beverly watches and gets all misty when she realizes Bill also has a dick just like the boys she is spying on.

I just reread the thing again in the Spring and boy did all of the flaws really come out this last time.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wish they had left PW alone. Mysteriously scarier more than physically. Longing for Curry's look instead as well. Everything else looks good but the new clown bothers me

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No way this ends up being good. If its a straight up remake of the original TV version, then you are cramming an already condensed story down to at least half of its original length and discarding some iconic performances from the original (no one is going to top Curry). If you are going to get more material out of the book, its either going to go over audiences heads (the Turtle) or have to dig into the pedo shit. It also worked because at the time the TV mini series came out there were enough boomers out there who could get into the 1950s noir that the series had and the main cast were all people that the audience had solid nostalgia connections with.

Some classics should simply not be touched or remade.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No way this ends up being good. If its a straight up remake of the original TV version, then you are cramming an already condensed story down to at least half of its original length and discarding some iconic performances from the original (no one is going to top Curry). If you are going to get more material out of the book, its either going to go over audiences heads (the Turtle) or have to dig into the pedo shit. It also worked because at the time the TV mini series came out there were enough boomers out there who could get into the 1950s noir that the series had and the main cast were all people that the audience had solid nostalgia connections with.

Some classics should simply not be touched or remade.
no, its doable, they only are doing the childhood aspect this movie which i presume takes place 28 years ago. then i guess they can always do the sequel which is present day. the childhood version far exceeded the grown up stuff.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Didn't know this was 30 years from the original (Pennywise cycle) and set to place the adult version in our current time, kind of cool and hearing good things.

Guessing they just made a Stranger Things with a clown and a few rapists, but I'd check that out.