IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TJT TJT
i had it as a task scheduler as well. but for some reason it wasn't working, maybe i did the task incorrectly.
But thanks, we appreciate it. Trump tweets are comedy, and sad, and cringe-worthy, all at the same time

Pro Tip: Task scheduler doesn't like running .exes directly sometimes. Just write a .bat that executes it and you won't have a problem.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got my secret clearance today. Took roughly 4 months? 5?

Meanwhile the other new hire doesn't have interim yet and he started before me

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of clearances, is it generally a good idea to tell(or even ask?!?) someone that you're going to use them as a reference? Some guy I used to work with and not once interacted with outside of work put me down as clearance reference and I find out about the day the investigator shows up.

So, not only do I have to answer with a bunch of nopes, it was somewhat hard to keep a straight face because this guy was quirky. Not in a bad way, but in a wears a MAGA hat to work, changes work desktops to MLP ponies, that kind of stuff.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Clearances are of the utmost importance; You are helping decide if someone gets access to the nations secrets. And that motherfucker in question is a Bronie. fuck him.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Speaking of clearances, is it generally a good idea to tell(or even ask?!?) someone that you're going to use them as a reference? Some guy I used to work with and not once interacted with outside of work put me down as clearance reference and I find out about the day the investigator shows up.

So, not only do I have to answer with a bunch of nopes, it was somewhat hard to keep a straight face because this guy was quirky. Not in a bad way, but in a wears a MAGA hat to work, changes work desktops to MLP ponies, that kind of stuff.
I always tell them ahead of time and all my guys have already told me. I have done probably a dozen interviews.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Got my secret clearance today. Took roughly 4 months? 5?

Meanwhile the other new hire doesn't have interim yet and he started before me
An interim is strictly whether or not they filled out their SF-86 and their fingerprint card came back clean of warrants. I can grant people an interim I think.

If he doesn't have one months later it's on him and no clue why his boss is putting up with that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
An interim is strictly whether or not they filled out their SF-86 and their fingerprint card came back clean of warrants. I can grant people an interim I think.

If he doesn't have one months later it's on him and no clue why his boss is putting up with that.

Here they go through the DOD. Not sure the hold up,he's straight from college

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

That's just common courtesy but also autistic bronies probably aren't the best at social interaction

I got called for an employer getting some guy I hadn't heard from in years and it was the same thing. I told everyone I listed. And you have to list a lot...

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I passed on renewing my TS because of how much of a pain in the dick it was to list all those people with current information. I don't need the TS, just maintaining that S and happy enough.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
@sui

Have you ever rejected someone for a clearance?
I don't do that part.

We have pulled clearances though. Part of the process of punitive actions is to rescind their local clearance.

I have only seen a few people not get their clearance renewed though. Things like domestic abuse charges still under open investigation and massive debt.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Okay here is the situation. New guy is closing on a year without getting his clearance. His credit score was shitty but as far as I know he doesn't have massive debt. The one big thing though, with out going into details, is that his biological father is in jail for a felony. The kind of felony that they put you away for life for. He hasn't really interacted with the man for more than 15 years.

Do you think he will get rejected?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Okay here is the situation. New guy is closing on a year without getting his clearance. His credit score was shitty but as far as I know he doesn't have massive debt. The one big thing though, with out going into details, is that his biological father is in jail for a felony. The kind of felony that they put you away for life for. He hasn't really interacted with the man for more than 15 years.

Do you think he will get rejected?
He shouldn't. If he was being investigated alongside his father and there were some questions then maybe.

Family doing bad stuff is less of a black mark than friends you choose.