IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
He shouldn't. If he was being investigated alongside his father and there were some questions then maybe.

Family doing bad stuff is less of a black mark than friends you choose.

I didn't think it should either. Holy shit is it driving me nuts. There is a lot of stuff he cant do until he gets that clearance.
Any ideas on how I can prod / facilitate the process?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I didn't think it should either. Holy shit is it driving me nuts. There is a lot of stuff he cant do until he gets that clearance.
Any ideas on how I can prod / facilitate the process?
Just get with whomever is your security person at least weekly if not every couple days. Zero reason he shouldn't have an interim yet.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Clearance processing is backed up globally because of OPM and all the contract restructuring they had to do in the wake of Snowden. There's nothing you can do.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
@TJT The tweetsreceived.txt file, simply contains an array of the tweets that has been published.
If you want to test the bot at any point in time, simply stop the bot, and delete the last line.

The bot simply matches that list with the API last 40 tweets, removes duplicates and post the rest.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Clearance processing is backed up globally because of OPM and all the contract restructuring they had to do in the wake of Snowden. There's nothing you can do.
Doesn't affect interim though. Interim is 1.) Is the SF-86 submitted with no kickback errors 2.) did his local fingerprint scan come back clean.

That's it and he should be ready to go with an interim secret.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Doesn't affect interim though. Interim is 1.) Is the SF-86 submitted with no kickback errors 2.) did his local fingerprint scan come back clean.

That's it and he should be ready to go with an interim secret.
I don't deal too much with secret, I know that interim TS requires more than that.

We have people who have been "working offsite" since August because of this shit.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
@TJT The tweetsreceived.txt file, simply contains an array of the tweets that has been published.
If you want to test the bot at any point in time, simply stop the bot, and delete the last line.

The bot simply matches that list with the API last 40 tweets, removes duplicates and post the rest.
If you want it to actually work and not be half retarded then go read up on this bdApi/api.markdown at master · xfrocks/bdApi · GitHub

Come let me know when you need a token. I suggest doing an IFTTT thing or something else that doesn't rely on your machine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I don't deal too much with secret, I know that interim TS requires more than that.

We have people who have been "working offsite" since August because of this shit.
If they already have a secret an interim TS is easy. If they have nothing then yeah it's going to be a year or more.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I spoke with the company I was looking at, guy says with my background they may want me to take point in assessment/analysis and helping them through compliance issues, but I would be able to train/work doing pentesting both in my own time and as operational time permits. And he said the salary range they are looking at is at exactly what I was thinking when I thought "What is the least I could make and still be good to go while working from home and giving up my clearance?" So it is looking promising.

There's another contender in the mix. I interviewed with these people last year to lead their blue team that travels to remote Army sites for assessments, works in tandem with a red team. Got it but had to drop out because my wife had some issues so the travel was going to be a problem. That's changed so it may be possible now, and they are looking again. We will see, that was an awesome job.

Vinen

God is dead
If they already have a secret an interim TS is easy. If they have nothing then yeah it's going to be a year or more.

I had an interim clearance not get issued due to fuck-ups by a security officer. Was annoying as shit and 100% his fault (and the company admitted this. It actually hit more than just me and the guy was fired a few months later)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I had an interim clearance not get issued due to fuck-ups by a security officer. Was annoying as shit and 100% his fault (and the company admitted this. It actually hit more than just me and the guy was fired a few months later)
Yup the interim is basically the security officer saying that he has checked your info and trusts you in the meantime while the paperwork is being done. He can totally screw you if he just doesn't care or has no attention to detail.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
No, OPM manages the clearances but they contract the investigations out. For interim secret I think it's lke a_skeleton_03 said, like an internet background check basically, nothing major.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
CAC isn't dependent on clearance, you can get that as soon as the contract officer/govt whatchacallit puts your application into TASS.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Half our country's infrastructure is run by these boards, it seems.

Fuck.

I'm just sittin here overcharging for random ass IT tasks, MSP contracts, and DRaaS to tax collectors and appraisers like "yep, not dealing with NPI is fucking win"