Jason Bourne (2016)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wonder how renner feels, damon coming back makes it seem like renner was that one fguy that played bond for one movie that no one gave a shit about, and damon coming back is like connery taking back the reins.

either way, renner bourne was boring and blah, and he has no star power, i mean he's hawkeye for christ sakes, who cares about hawkeye.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Renner played a slightly retarded soldier who became a super spy through the power of science. Government black programs manipulating biology, brainwashing and psychological control? I can buy that. Forrest Gump being Bourne 2.0, not really.

Szlia

I kinda liked Legacy. I am not too keen on the secret service within the secret service within the black op that tries to kill its own agents thing BUT I liked the pacing of the movie and how its events were woven with the events of Ultimatum. Which brings me to my point: Damon being in doesn't mean Renner is out, both characters are out there.

Sterling

El Presidente
This has some promise. This is like the one Shakycam franchise that doesn't cause me to rage.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I liked Renner
frown.png

Brad2770

If Arnold can play a Terminator again......

Looking forward to this. i hope they get some Moby into the soundtrack.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
If they show Renner ODing on heroin at the start, this will be the best movie ever. Dude already looks like he is half way there, tie it into the Bourne and A+ movie.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So this would have to be based on the post-Ludlum bourne novels right? I never read those and only heard horrible things.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The novels are totally different. I think there is a vague outline they follow from the books, but everything else is different. Like if I recall correctly, he only hooked up with Marie after chasing down people, and found one of the dudes raping her in the back of a car. So Jason had a fetish for raped women and shit.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda liked the direction they were going focusing on other people in the Bourne universe. They could have tossed any good leading man in each one and kept it going. Oh well.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The novels are totally different. I think there is a vague outline they follow from the books, but everything else is different. Like if I recall correctly, he only hooked up with Marie after chasing down people, and found one of the dudes raping her in the back of a car. So Jason had a fetish for raped women and shit.
The books and movies have nothing to do with each other, really. A few characters share names, but even Bourne's back story is fairly different in the books (he's a Vietnam vet). Marie is Canadian, and doesn't die. So on and so forth. Personally I've really enjoyed the first three Damon movies (never saw the Renner one), and while I read the three Ludlum books, I thought they were at best mediocre. Honestly, the settings and plot were extremely outdated. Which makes sense, given the first was published in 1980. But really, I just think Ludlum was a shit writer. Terrible dialogue, the women are all pretty much useless (Marie basically just cries the entire time), ridiculously unrealistic in how the characters are able to magically change appearances at will, and so on.

I have time for another Damon/Bourne movie, for sure. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From quotes in the wiki pages the sixth Bourne movie will be directed by Jeremy Lin(fast & furious) starring Renner. Who knows, maybe a few films building them both up then the super mega cash cow where they appear in the same movie as rivals.

On November 8, 2013, Deadline reported that the fifth installment in the franchise will feature Renner's Cross, with Justin Lin directing.[10] Andrew Baldwin was attached for the film's screenplay writing, and the release date was set to July 16, 2016.[11] On September 15, 2014, it was announced that Damon and Greengrass will indeed return for the next Bourne film, taking the release date, with Renner returning as Cross in a separate film, at a later date.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Tom Cruise is in his 50s and shows no signs of slowing down. Matt Damon is just hitting his prime years
tongue.png

It's sometimes good to be a man.