Jason Bourne (2016)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And it's filming in Vegas. Neat. The road is empty, why would he drive through traffic when the path is clear?
Hes not an asshole that drives down left hand turn lanes.

And how long until drones replace that SUV+crane for shot like that?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's back!!
But no Marie
frown.png

The traffic weaving is to simulate high speed chases. You know you won't see that shot in the movie. It'll be quick shots and shaky cam. Which, is alright for car scenes(look how "slow" he's going) but hope they've learned their lesson from previous movies. Bourne 2 and 3 are still decent movies, but the HTH action is near unwatchable crap.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Premieres thursday here. Is it worth a watch over, say Star Trek or Tarzan?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Premieres thursday here. Is it worth a watch over, say Star Trek or Tarzan?
Movie review I saw for it here in Norway was certainly positive. Said it started off with a bang and was full on action until an hour or so in, then it let up for a few minutes before it went back to the action. Only downside they said was that the end action sequence seemed a bit long/dragged out, but that might be due most scenes in these movies are done fairly quickly, with many fights being over in seconds.

Review said it was incredible how they scripted the fight scenes to where every punch and shot had a meaning. No over the top fighting or spraying bullets at random enemies, but a precise action where the reviewer thought they had edited every single scene to remove all fluff.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Review said it was incredible how they scripted the fight scenes to where every punch and shot had a meaning. No over the top fighting or spraying bullets at random enemies, but a precise action where the reviewer thought they had edited every single scene to remove all fluff.
So like all the other Bourne movies then?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Early Reviews are putting this consistently at a 6/10, so it sounds like too much action not enough intelligent writing.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The early reviews bum me out. It also sounds like a lot of critics are saying it's going over already well worn ground and that was one of my complaints about the third movie so it'd probably only be worse the fourth time around.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So......back at home. Finished watching 1 hour ago and.....it's disappointing. The 1st half is great, the 2nd is horrible: cliche, too many connections and too loud for a Bourne movie.
Did like some twists ,which was a good way to advance the story but overall it didn't make a lot of sense.
Not many action, shaky cam was more shaky this time, and the last car chase.....they were trying too much.
6/10

One particular thing: in Athens, you see many red flags (anarchists) and Greek flags side by side, which is something you never see. Greek flags, in demos, are used by "normal" citizens and nationalists/far right. Funny because in one scene, i spotted Golden Dawn's flag, the greek neo nazi party.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I actually think this is one of the few film franchises where shaky cam works because the movies are edited to a frenetic pace. Sometimes it goes overboard but I think it fits with the feel of the movies.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Saw it tonight. Great first hour. Then I should've switched to Star Trek. Suddenly it was plotholishly boring. No sexy time, no chemistry, no thinking man's spy game. Lots of bull shit shaky cam car chases and product placement for VW and AUDI. And Face Book. Almost fell asleep.

Bourne is retired as far as I'm concerned.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I saw it today and it's the worst of the 4 easily and they should really stop at this one. The first part of the movie had that Bourne feel then the second half is kind of meh. I liked it but it should have been better. The shaky cam has never bothered me in these movies so it's never a sore point for me. Ultimatum is one of the best action movies ever made, imho.

Fuck em for killing Nicky off. The whole kill the silicon valley guy was poor. I liked the storyline of it but they way they ended up pulling it off was poor. The car chase I liked but it seemed shoehorned in there. Bourne did the chasing this time so it was a change of pace at least. The new chick was just convenient for the plot and that irked me too.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So......back at home. Finished watching 1 hour ago and.....it's disappointing. The 1st half is great, the 2nd is horrible: cliche, too many connections and too loud for a Bourne movie.
Did like some twists ,which was a good way to advance the story but overall it didn't make a lot of sense.
Not many action, shaky cam was more shaky this time, and the last car chase.....they were trying too much.
6/10

One particular thing: in Athens, you see many red flags (anarchists) and Greek flags side by side, which is something you never see. Greek flags, in demos, are used by "normal" citizens and nationalists/far right. Funny because in one scene, i spotted Golden Dawn's flag, the greek neo nazi party.
This, with other reviews are making me sad. Loved the books and the first three movies, but I'd be lying if the first trailer didn't give me a bad vibe. Just seemed too action heavy, was hoping they'd get closer to the Bourne Identity in pacing/writing etc... Oh well, will still go see it because I am a sucker for anything "Spy" related.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
just saw it about half hour ago, i thought some parts of the movie were way to loud like the sound guy decided to pump up the volume for no reason. I didn't think it was all that good. For example why is this girl so important to the story who is she? And don't tell me this was all over a job just to get ahead. The car chase was over the top mid summer action movie. It seem like they could have had some major fun with this story line but decide to make it simple b/c you know why add depth.

OK so I am by far no interwebz wiz. But wouldn't you if you are part of a "hack club" have the ability to detect malware being upload to your super secret hack club lan party? or the computer "nerd loner guy" with a hoodie detect such a thing clearly he obviously had skill but sill nope.

again movie was a 5/10

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wife is a big fan of this franchise and said this movie should have been reduced to about 30 minutes, the rest of it being stupid and/or pointless.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
lFSSLTlFozwpaGlO31OoUeirBgQ.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Jason Bourne (2016)

Tagline: You know his name

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Paul Greengrass[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Matt Damon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tommy Lee Jones[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alicia Vikander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vincent Cassel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julia Stiles[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Riz Ahmed[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ato Essandoh[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Scott Shepherd[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bill Camp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vinzenz Kiefer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stephen Kunken[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Stylianou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kaya Yuzuki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matthew O'Neill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lizzie Phillips[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paris Stangl[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gregg Henry[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-07-27[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]123[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The most dangerous former operative of the CIA is drawn out of hiding to uncover hidden truths about his past.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/F4gJsKZvqE4[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: