Jurassic Park 4

Rathgar_sl

shitlord
Every scene with the brothers (Zach + Gray) I was bored off my ass. At least in the first film the kids kinda helped with saving the day, this one they where just whining about their parents divorce the whole time.
mad.png

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The two boys are a foil used to put the heroes into action. They are not heroes. They are also there as a back story to Clair. Could they have used them better? Yes. We're they annoying? You betcha. But if you are trying to compare them to Tim and Lex... don't lie to yourself. They were also painful to watch.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Seeing a 10 year old girl claim to be a hacker was horrifying, but then again, it was 1993, shit was simpler back then!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think I still have the VHS tapes somewhere. Lost my Inhumanoids ones at some point, so many quality cartoons from the 80s/90s.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Every scene with the brothers (Zach + Gray) I was bored off my ass. At least in the first film the kids kinda helped with saving the day, this one they where just whining about their parents divorce the whole time.
mad.png
The kids were by far the worst part of the story and frankly should have been removed entirely. Had the movie focused on Ingen, aggressive clone/breeding without the sentimental kid/family drama, it would have been fine.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think I still have the VHS tapes somewhere. Lost my Inhumanoids ones at some point, so many quality cartoons from the 80s/90s.
i Googled this nostalgic commercial

And of course the first thing i notice is Frank Welker doing his Dr. Claw voice for the main baddie, guess he's just like "fuck it, i'll reuse this voice" in the 80s.

is that still keith david doing narration?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I used to have so many of those toys when I was a kid. My favorite were the T-Rex and Triceratops, though.

The tip of the T-Rex's tail snapped off, though. And the gearing for the front left leg of the Triceratops also broke, so it would just hang there uselessly instead of "walking".

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
i Googled this nostalgic commercial

And of course the first thing i notice is Frank Welker doing his Dr. Claw voice for the main baddie, guess he's just like "fuck it, i'll reuse this voice" in the 80s.

is that still keith david doing narration?
God this show was so fucking amazing. It combines so many 80s cliches its fantastic. Laser Beams firing everywhere but not killing anyone? Check. Stereotypically named characters? Yep. 80s Voice Actors? Check. Kids Cartoon based on a toy line? Super Fucking Check. That commercial links to the first episode. The cartoon is LITTERED with Tyco commercials, its not even subtle about it. I think Tyco saw what everyone else was doing and just went balls deep (and failed miserably it seems, as the show had none of the longevity of He-Man, Transformers or GI Joe). Also a simpler time when T-Rex was still king of the dinosaurs.

Great concept too, and one that would lend itself very well to a campy explosion and laserbeam filled action movie that is ever so popular these days. Ahhhh, days of my youth long gone.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished my first watch, now available on Red Box.
Whatever haters. Was more than good fun.
I was wondering when the mosasaurs would join the fight and was not disappointed.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Piles of shit like this movie are exactly why Hollywood continues to shit out reboots and sequels one after the other with zero care and though.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The freaking petting zoo though. All the parents were just standing behind the fence not interested at all. Screw that! I would have been knocking kids over like George Costanza during a fire alarm to get to those dinos.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except dinosaurs have actually been around for what, 15 some odd years at that point? Yeah it's exciting but not as exciting as dinosaurs would be to us.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The movie explained it pretty well: dinosaurs have been brought back for 20 years at this point and people look at them like elephants. I went to the zoo the other week and there were plenty of bored folks with their phones and tablets out wasting their time.

The movie wasn't shit and it gave the audience what it wanted.
My complaints were only minor and fell within the forgivable margins I give every movie.