Jurassic Park 4

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah....the hamster ball is really dumb ,is not even safe ( a dino can crush it) and it's even out of place.
Unfortunately no one followed stan Winston's work. He was genious that did something CGI can't: realism.
Plus the genetic experiment that goes coo coo is so clich?. I really don't understand why so many people have nostalgia by watching this trailer. On the contrary, i feel like it's a remake (modern version like so many cunts want to call it these days) of the 1993 classic.

And pet raptors.....?! -.-'

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The amount of CGI in that trailer makes me think this movie isn't going to age anywhere near as well asJurassicPark.

A while ago, the director leaked a picture ofa statue of Hammond, which would seem to indicate that the first move plays a part in this world.
Yeah, in my opinion CGI is a bit like make-up on women. Used in moderation it makes anything look better, but if you cake it on and use it in places you should not need to then you're one step away from Clown College. Directors really need to learn when and how to use CGI as opposed to real sets and ... dare I say it ... animatronics and puppets. Spielberg did it right in JP1, I think he's going to do it wrong here. So very wrong.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Call me a loser, but Star Lord and a pack of Pet Raptors fighting a super dinosaur sounds simple, but fun. Cant wait.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Looks like it should be callJurassicAliens.

I dunno, but the modified one is portrayed kind of like the xenomorph from Alien to me.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Talk on Twitter/Reddit is that the CG for the movie will be worked on until release and that's why it looked like shit compared to the first movie. They said the same about sounds and other visuals as well.(Godzilla Roar).

The theory is that when JP opened up all Paleontologists went extinct and now you have Behavioral Scientists instead that study real life dinosaurs instead of digging up bones.

Star Lord is one of those scientists and he works specifically with raptors and pack behavior. He's basically the raptor version of this

It's actually the most believable part of the trailer in my opinion unless he gets them to do something stupid like give them specific commands or something. I would kill for a scene where they have the raptors flush out a prey animal for Starlord to tranquilize or shoot or something.

The worst part is the fucking cuddle-fish Trex that they are hyping to be the bad guy. They leaked Lego sets of the movie already and he just looks like a big white mottled Trex with like a head crest thing.

Either way, I'll see it day one in Imax 4d smell-o-vision and buy a large popcorn and not give a shit how bad it is.JurassicPark came out when I was 8 and it left a permanent dent in my brain to love anything and everything Dinosaur when it comes to movies.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I'll see this no matter what. I guess I'm getting at the age that my childhood movies are getting remade. OldAF.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's my problem with trained raptors. Aren't they also intelligent enough to just say 'FUCK MY TRAINING IM GONNA GNAW ON THIS DUDES INSIDES'?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Ain't they smart enough to think "this dude raised me from birth and feeds me every day and if I killed him I would be put down"

I don't think its so much as training as pack acceptance

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The best thing about that trailer was the slowed down piano theme. That shit is so simple, yet so genius.
Agree. Movie looks like it might be okay if it goes all out with some people get dino-murdered. He better need a big fucking gun to kill this dinosaur, not some fucking gymnastics or lul u dun goofed situation.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, in my opinion CGI is a bit like make-up on women. Used in moderation it makes anything look better, but if you cake it on and use it in places you should not need to then you're one step away from Clown College. Directors really need to learn when and how to use CGI as opposed to real sets and ... dare I say it ... animatronics and puppets. Spielberg did it right in JP1, I think he's going to do it wrong here. So very wrong.
Spielberg is just listed as an executive producer, so who knows how much involvement he actually has? But judging by his recent television credits (Under the Dome, Falling Skies, Terra Nova, etc.), he stopped caring about what sort of product his name is associated with a while ago. Sadly, unless he's directing, I don't think his name is the seal of quality it once was.

The best thing about that trailer was the slowed down piano theme. That shit is so simple, yet so genius.
Michael Giacchino is doing the music for the movie, so at least it has one thing going for it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's my problem with trained raptors. Aren't they also intelligent enough to just say 'FUCK MY TRAINING IM GONNA GNAW ON THIS DUDES INSIDES'?
If he basically raised him they'd recognize him as a part of their consistent world. Reptiles do this where they recognize the same people/animals and don't fuck with them. Especially if he was there since their hatching. Not sure about actual dinosaur behavior, but it's either birdlike which means they're very social and there's all sorts of fucking rules or it's reptilian where it's basically self preservation and food. In that order.

Cybsled

Raptors are closer to birds than reptiles...people are able to train falcons and the like, so it isn't a stretch to do the same with a pack based close relative.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
you guys forget the hybrid dinosaurs was already done in the first movie. they mixed frog DNA with the extracted dino DNA causing them all to be born female.
Just noticed this when i was going back to find the name of the water dino. Aside from the brief mention by the geneticist and then Dr Malcolm questioning how they know it worked, they never actually went into the breeding dinosaurs plot in the movie did they? There wasn't nearly enough time.