Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yes, bro, this shit matters. Because most of us here are white males and all it took was the media portraying this as a racial shooting for every moron in the world to make up their minds without the benefit of any facts. Zimmerman's life is fucked. All the plans he had, everything he was going to accomplish, all that shit is gone because some fucking hood rat attacked him and he defended himself. It is frightening that this could happen to me for defending myself or my family just because some producer at NBC wants to take a shortcut to a story.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Zimmerman deprived him of hit right to live. The statute doesn't require racism at all to apply. Should I link it?
You should read the voluminous case law applying section 1983, as well. It has been limited greatly.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, bro, this shit matters. Because most of us here are white males and all it took was the media portraying this as a racial shooting for every moron in the world to make up their minds without the benefit of any facts. Zimmerman's life is fucked. All the plans he had, everything he was going to accomplish, all that shit is gone because some fucking hood rat attacked him and he defended himself. It is frightening that this could happen to me for defending myself or my family just because some producer at NBC wants to take a shortcut to a story.
Rumor is he's considering law school now to assist others who have been wrongly accused of crimes.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That seems like an option for him now. His goals of police or prosecutorial work? That shit is gone.

hazenphilly_sl

shitlord
Why do the celebrities and athletes think they need to voice in on situations like this? Do they really think what they think about the case is more important than what everyone else think?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wtf is with some new idiot popping in this thread everyday now that just totally ignores the facts. It's like some fucking retarded tag team.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Ah then yes I was missing something. Stupid case laws always limiting jurisdiction. Oh well. Carry on. I would read it all but I couldn't bill for it so ill take your word on it. :)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is exactly why truth matters in this case so goddamn much, the media has done some mischaracterizing before, but the extent, the depths they were willing to go, and still are out there trying to assert that Zimmerman was "Not guilty but still...he's really guilty" because they invested so much time, money, everything into this narrative that's just always been fiction right from the get go.

This case should NEVER have made national media coverage for longer than a day, if that. It just simply shouldn't have.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Thats such bullshit. He wasnt defending anyone. He had no good reason for following him. He reported it, he called the police. Cool, wait. Was he trained to subdue people or in the use of deadly force? No, then what the fuck was he doing? He made stupid choices which created the situation. He had a choice. He wasnt cornered, nobody was in danger, until he created the situation, which he resolved with deadly force.

Some of you CHOOSE to believe the defenses version. The jury didnt have enough evidence to disprove it. Thats fine. I dont. I think he should have acted more responsibly. I never would have gotten out of the car when the dispatcher told me not to. Neither would most of you. Again, not criminal, but still reckless.

And no, it probably COULDNT have happened to you, unless you decide to pretend you are a cop and follow people around at night. Martin didnt go looking for Zimmerman.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Im not following the trial but if Zimmerman would have stayed in the car, nobody would have been shot.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
This is exactly why truth matters in this case so goddamn much, the media has done some mischaracterizing before, but the extent, the depths they were willing to go, and still are out there trying to assert that Zimmerman was "Not guilty but still...he's really guilty" because they invested so much time, money, everything into this narrative that's just always been fiction right from the get go.

This case should NEVER have made national media coverage for longer than a day, if that. It just simply shouldn't have.
The interesting thing is, I wonder if the media did exactly what Leeeur-... idiot-boy did in here today. They made some assumptions about the case, started talking it way up, and instead of apologizing and reversing themselves when they realized how wrong they were, they decide "WE MUST WIN" like any good troll and now are just acting all butthurt that their "side" didn't win. Nevermind actually investigating the facts or anything. Its all about picking sides and sticking with it to the end. Just like half the idiots who come into this thread with their 2 brain cells and "I read an article on CNN" and going to tell us how it is.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thats such bullshit. He wasnt defending anyone. He had no good reason for following him. He reported it, he called the police. Cool, wait. Was he trained to subdue people or in the use of deadly force? No, then what the fuck was he doing? He made stupid choices which created the situation. He had a choice. He wasnt cornered, nobody was in danger, until he created the situation, which he resolved with deadly force.

Some of you CHOOSE to believe the defenses version. The jury didnt have enough evidence to disprove it. Thats fine. I dont. I think he should have acted more responsibly.

And no, it probably COULDNT have happened to you, unless you decide to pretend you are a cop and follow people around at night. Martin didnt go looking for Zimmerman.
So basically, what you're saying is, you're going to literally ignore every single fact about this case and just repeat yourself ad naseum because you're right because you say so?

We are not "believing" the Defense's version. THE PROSECUTION'S OWN WITNESSES GENERALLY CONTRADICTED, IN TESTIMONY, THE PROSECUTION'S CASE.

Including this guy, who was on the stand, for the prosecution.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The interesting thing is, I wonder if the media did exactly what Leeeur-... idiot-boy did in here today. They made some assumptions about the case, started talking it way up, and instead of apologizing and reversing themselves when they realized how wrong they were, they decide "WE MUST WIN" like any good troll and now are just acting all butthurt that their "side" didn't win. Nevermind actually investigating the facts or anything. Its all about picking sides and sticking with it to the end. Just like half the idiots who come into this thread with their 2 brain cells and "I read an article on CNN" and going to tell us how it is.
That's pretty much exactly what happened. The media wanted to make money off the evil white supremacist killing the little baby in the street and so that's the narrative they went with, the facts be damned.

Im not following the trial but if Zimmerman would have stayed in the car, nobody would have been shot.
gr8 b8 m8

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Some of you CHOOSE to believe the defenses version. The jury didnt have enough evidence to disprove it. Thats fine. I dont. I think he should have acted more responsibly.

Zimmerman was the victim of an unprovoked assault on public property. When he feared for his life, he defended himself with his legally carried firearm. A jury of his peers in a fair and unbiased trial has agreed to these facts.

You can continue to misstate the case if you like and put the responsibility on the victim in this case (Zimmerman) but reasonable people do not. Fuck you.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Again, you don't even have the facts of the case. Martin DID go looking for him. Those are the facts, as supported by both the prosecution and the defense witnesses. Walking down the street is not illegal. Martin attacked him.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
rrr_img_36163.jpg

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Almost every single "fact" you sight is wrong.

1). He was defending himself.
2). He was following a suspicious person which is a very good reason.
3). He was trained in the use of deadly force.
4). Martin did go looking for Zimmerman following their initial contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.