Justified: City Primeval

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
So... what you're saying is... I have until July 18th to binge the entire series to catch up again.
I'm_in.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Why did I think this was going to be a movie like Deadwood? Glad to see it's more than that.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Boyd Crowder was fun but by Season 3 he was getting long in the tooth for me
3.gif

I watched an interview where they admitted the show was supposed to be about Tim and Raylan riding around and Raylan having to deal with Tim's PTSD. But then they decided to change it and put in the jogger, then tell the audience she's faster on the draw and smarter than Raylan, which made me wonder why they didn't just make a show about her.

timraylan.jpg

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 476537

I watched an interview where they admitted the show was supposed to be about Tim and Raylan riding around and Raylan having to deal with Tim's PTSD. But then they decided to change it and put in the jogger, then tell the audience she's faster on the draw and smarter than Raylan, which made me wonder why they didn't just make a show about her.

View attachment 476538

When I realized that Tim was played by the annoying kid from European Vacation, I almost had a stroke.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 476537

View attachment 476538

Boyd Crowder was supposed to a one-off character. I want to say I read somewhere that it was just for one episode, but its likely that it was a couple episodes. Once they realized he was a breakout character, they ended up rewriting the whole show around him and Raylan

By Season 3 you can see how much they struggle to write around Boyd Crowder because in that universe, Boyd would have been busted, arrested and locked away by end of first season but they have to constantly come up with shit to keep him out of jail, yet still make Raylan look like a competent lawman.

Goatface

not heard that, pitts makes it sound like tim wasn't anything important when he was first cast and he came up with some of his back story. tim was created by yost and guess got lucky he didn't turn out gay.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Boyd Crowder was supposed to a one-off character. I want to say I read somewhere that it was just for one episode, but its likely that it was a couple episodes. Once they realized he was a breakout character, they ended up rewriting the whole show around him and Raylan

By Season 3 you can see how much they struggle to write around Boyd Crowder because in that universe, Boyd would have been busted, arrested and locked away by end of first season but they have to constantly come up with shit to keep him out of jail, yet still make Raylan look like a competent lawman.
Boyd takes a blast to the chest at the end of episode 1 and was supposed to be dead. They decided to write him back to life.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Given unlimited boring desk duty by the jogger boss, apparently Raylan gets redpilled hard on 4chan, springs Boyd and they go on a WEF killing spree, it's a real bloodbath.*

*I just woke up, so all of that may have been a dream.

5.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The actor playing the Villain in this has the same sort of acting style and mannerisms Olyphant does. Feels like it might be "Just" Raylan Givens vs "Criminal" Raylan Givens

Noah

Molten Core Raider
I welcome being proven wrong but the teen daughter crap I suspect will be a major drag on the show

• 1Tiresome

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I welcome being proven wrong but the teen daughter crap I suspect will be a major drag on the show
They have to give him some reasons to have real "stakes" in play in Chicago. In Kentucky it was his family and ties to the place he was raised... They can't leverage "place he was raised" here so it goes to family. It would either be that or kill off his old boss at the hands of this new threat.

Which with the way Nick Searcy has been tee-ing off on Twitter lately they might just do anyways to get him away from their ESG score.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The pilot episode of justified was a short story and Boyd was the villain that died at the end. They wanted Walton goggins from the get go but he was leary about the whole thing since Hollywood loves to portray southerners as idiots, racists and drug addicts. So they made a deal with goggins that he could have a little bit of freedom with the character and he signed up. It was initially just supposed to be a one episode appearance but while they were putting it together, they realized how perfect goggins was handling Boyd as well as they great chemistry that he and oliphant had so they had raylan miss boyd's heart and nick Searcy asks raylan at the end of the episode if he missed on purpose.

As for Rachel, I never got the impression that she was "better" than raylan, just that she was the only one of the three Marshalls that actually did the job by the book. Tim was a good marshall, but he clearly had PTSD and art couldn't promote him in good conscience until he addressed it. Anytime we see him off duty he's on his way to, or is already drunk. Raylan is a cowboy who uses his badge to legally kill bad guys so that just leaves Rachel, who seems to have anger management problems but that could just be a side effect of her being posted to a state full of racists.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The pilot episode of justified was a short story and Boyd was the villain that died at the end. They wanted Walton goggins from the get go but he was leary about the whole thing since Hollywood loves to portray southerners as idiots, racists and drug addicts. So they made a deal with goggins that he could have a little bit of freedom with the character and he signed up. It was initially just supposed to be a one episode appearance but while they were putting it together, they realized how perfect goggins was handling Boyd as well as they great chemistry that he and oliphant had so they had raylan miss boyd's heart and nick Searcy asks raylan at the end of the episode if he missed on purpose.

As for Rachel, I never got the impression that she was "better" than raylan, just that she was the only one of the three Marshalls that actually did the job by the book. Tim was a good marshall, but he clearly had PTSD and art couldn't promote him in good conscience until he addressed it. Anytime we see him off duty he's on his way to, or is already drunk. Raylan is a cowboy who uses his badge to legally kill bad guys so that just leaves Rachel, who seems to have anger management problems but that could just be a side effect of her being posted to a state full of racists.
As Art said , Raylan is a terrible marshal but a decent lawman.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure I can stay up late enough. Anyone watch this somehow yet?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wtf does this mean lol?
It means he is terrible at doing a Marshalls job and following American law but he is fairly good at doing the "right thing".
Aka frontier justice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users