Justified: City Primeval

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
RIP Raylon. Diversity hires ruined this show turning Raylon into a insecure simp for one awful looking woman.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I tuned out after the second episode. It's fine, we still have the original 6 seasons

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At least the Dexter revival had some solid episodes before it went to shit.

This doesn't seem like it's meeting the same mark as the Dexter revival by delivering some classic Raylan while also handing you shit. It's just shit.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
FWIW, this wasn't actually a Raylan story. Those were all used up by the series. City Primeval was a different detective story by Elmore Leonard which they wrote Raylan into.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finale just went through the motions. The last 10 minutes were the best part of the show. Overall the show just fell flat, had a lame villain and didnt feel like Justified at all. Obvious that they threw Raylan in this and called it Justified just to sell the show.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I agree- 8 hours wasted with a lot of potential. Decent enough characters to do some stressful/plot-oriented stuff with but no...

Raylan's in Detroit. So is his daughter. There's a bad-ass dude pissing off other dudes and dudettes. Raylan follows the bad-ass around like a puppy. He has MANY MANY opportunities to waste the dude, but doesn't (because he is a decent lawman). Meanwhile the Detriot chick cop will arrest anyone to get points, even if they aren't really a suspect. There are no "old west style" shoot-out. Lots of blood and death and
Raylan eventually just shoots him in front of a refrigerator because they ran out of episodes.
The end.

Blah. They did leave it open for another sequel though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i stopped watching after the 2nd episode, but i kind of loosely kept up just to know if i made the right decision or not. i know they've talked about it multiple times before this came out that city primeval the book isn't about raylan givins, but, correct me if i'm wrong, i think there were a few justified story arcs that were based on elmore stories that weren't about raylan givins, so i wasn't initially all that skeptical about it. but now that it's all out, it's pretty clear that this was a mistake, and putting raylan into the city primeval story forced raylan to be pigeon holed into a different character.

anyone that read city primeval have any insight into this? how accurate was the show to the book? or did they just screw up both the book and the show?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished it last night. Mostly wasted 8 hours of my life. As others have said, it was just going through the motions. It had elements of a good story in it but they just failed to deliver.

Take the same elements and put them in Harlan County (corrupt judge, killed by psycho who gets his little black book, corrupt local cops, Raylen in the middle, sub out Armeniams for the Dixie Mafia) and it would probably be a solid Justified season. Alas, we got Detroit shit.