Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair (2011)

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Hopped in this thread because I thought there was an update after getting blue-balled on the release of the Whole Bloody Affair for like, ever.

Jimmies rustled.

Fadaar

That guy
ya know i never watched volume 2 even though I saw (and liked) volume 1 in theaters. guess i should fix that finally.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
ya know i never watched volume 2 even though I saw (and liked) volume 1 in theaters. guess i should fix that finally.
giphy.gif

Oh, man it’s such a satisfying finale. You really have to.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Wow. I just rewatched Volume 1, hadn't seen it all the way through in years. It's almost 20 years old now!

This movie is ..... PERFECT. It's fucking flawless.

Saw it 6 times at the cinema - I don't think it's aged particularly well, especially the Vernita Green fight

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Garbage

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Oh that's awesome. I saw text but couldn't read it, was wondering if they were Puma shoes, LOL I was way off.

Dude do it. Watch it tonight. It's differently paced, but still fucking excellent. There's this amazing scene where it shows how she learned / mastered kung fu (please don't any faggot start a six page fight on the internet about how it's not kung fu, I don't care lol), "The Cruel Tutelage of Pai Mei." It's apparently streamable on HBO Max and can rent on Amazon / Apple, according to a search I just did (I have it on Plex.)

Saw it 6 times at the cinema - I don't think it's aged particularly well, especially the Vernita Green fight

What do you think didn't age about the fight? Just the not "center of axis" combat style? Just asking, sir!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
)

What do you think didn't age about the fight? Just the not "center of axis" combat style? Just asking, sir!

Well they're obviously not martial artists, I tried to watch it on YouTube and wasn't particularly impressed

It's been a while since I tried to watch the actual film and it just felt dated, everything from the cinematography to the colour palette - like how if you watch certain films from the 90s the colours look very different to modern films

And just in general, what were homages in 2003 just look rubbish today

I used to love Infernal Affairs, the Hong Kong original of The Departed, and that hasn't aged well either

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just rewatched this like a month ago, idk, didn't look like rubbish to me, still looked and felt just as good as before. And the cinematography and colors are great to, I really don't even know what you're talking about.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I didn't particularly enjoy Kill Bill Volume 2 with the same ravaging enthusiasm I had for Volume 1. Part 1 is just a fuckin masterpiece... Part 2 is... payoff? It's like if you extended the last 30 minutes of Old Boy into a 2-hour movie. That's not a knock on it, it's just not as good or as standout. They're both movies I don't particularly need to re-watch with any sort of frequency. They're that strikingly memorable. I recall most every setpiece, moment, scenario, and a lot of the dialog only having seen them a handful of times.

Honestly, I'm surprised we don't have a thread dedicated to sucking off QT. I've loved every single one of his movies, but it's one of those interests I don't particularly care to talk about or suggest to others because most people "don't get it", or think they're dumb, too violent, whatever.

Uma was 90's hot. And like a lot of things '90s, they didn't age particularly well. I never really cared for her as an actor, but there were a few movies where I was able to tolerate her - these movies obviously, Pulp Fiction, and GATTACA.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_05320a7c-f448-11e5-9bc2-3c65474038ca.jpg

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The thing for me about QT movies is that generally speaking, I don't think they are good movies. They are ordinary movies with some great individual scenes, and great dialogs peppered throughout.

• 2Edgelord

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The thing for me about QT movies is that generally speaking, I don't think they are good movies. They are ordinary movies with some great individual scenes, and great dialogs peppered throughout.
What’s a great movie to you then? In the last 2 decades?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What’s a great movie to you then? In the last 2 decades?

Just to name a few Fury Road, Blade Runner 2049, Prisonners, Sicario(Ok, pretty much all Denis Villeneuve movies), Inception, Dark Knight (again pretty much Christopher Nolan movies), Ex Machina...probably tons more...heck googling movies of the last 2 decades would have things like Training Day and Gladiators. There's a lot. :)

Mind you my taste tends toward sci-fi, action more than dramas. QT are not bad by any means, I just generally find their overall story pretty weak, they're just have a lot of cool scene and great dialog, but the common thread that ties it all together is for me generally pretty weak.

I do watch them all though because as I said I love the dialogs in his movies.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Garbage

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
QT movies are essentially artwork. Scene, framing, wardrobe, topic, theme, clever dialog. And violence. Lots of violence. The narratives are simple but layered. What the movies are about isn't what the movies are about. Pulp Fiction is about a stolen suitcase, but no one remembers or cares about that. Everyone remembers tasty burgers, the one with bad motherfucker on it, blowing the guy's brains all over the backseat of a car, and Uma Thurman OD'ing on heroin. Django Unchained is about getting his wife back, but what you remember is Leo Dicaprio being racist as fuck, getting murdered and the sister getting blasted across the room. From Dusk Till Dawn is about a bank heist and crossing the border, but everyone remembers Salma Hayek's sexy ass and killing a bunch of vampires. Kill Bill is about revenge, which it is and isn't what it's about, since it's really about showcasing how to murder people in clever ways with unique environments (you know... like fucking John Wick).

tenor (1).gif

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God

joz123

Potato del Grande
I think Jackie Brown doesn't get enough credit. There wasn't much action compared to the other movies but it had great dialogue and Robert DeNiro shooting Bridget Fonda because she wouldn't shut up was probably my favorite scene from any of Tarantino's movies.

Also the mall scene was shot at Del Amo mall which I went to all the time when I was growing up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think Jackie Brown doesn't get enough credit. There wasn't much action compared to the other movies but it had great dialogue and Robert DeNiro shooting Bridget Fonda because she wouldn't shut up was probably my favorite scene from any of Tarantino's movies.

Also the mall scene was shot at Del Amo mall which I went to all the time when I was growing up.
Jackie Brown is one of my favorites. i dont blame Deniro, if my name was Louis and she kept saying my name retarded like that i would have shot her myself.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just rewatched this like a month ago, idk, didn't look like rubbish to me, still looked and felt just as good as before. And the cinematography and colors are great to, I really don't even know what you're talking about.

I think Hollywood went off the deep end with color grading in the last few years (tinting the entire picture to convey a certain mood). It's a powerful effect when used right but it's been so overdone lately that anything that isn't as overdone looks odd to audiences now.

GoT did this a lot, some of the later season shows some scenes are so blue as to be almost devoid of any other color. The last season episode with the battle of Winterfell that was made so dark as to make it impossible to see what was happening was an extreme example of overdoing it.

1596616486841.png

1596616892274.png

Later releases of the Matrix also have increased contrast and a stronger green tint to them. You can see parts of faces in the old versions that almost fall into shadow in the newer version.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think Hollywood went off the deep end with color grading in the last few years (tinting the entire picture to convey a certain mood). It's a powerful effect when used right but it's been so overdone lately that anything that isn't as overdone looks odd to audiences now.

GoT did this a lot, some of the later season shows some scenes are so blue as to be almost devoid of any other color. The last season episode with the battle of Winterfell that was made so dark as to make it impossible to see what was happening was an extreme example of overdoing it.

View attachment 290402

View attachment 290403

Later releases of the Matrix also have increased contrast and a stronger green tint to them. You can see parts of faces in the old versions that almost fall into shadow in the newer version.

Gotcha, yeah that last season of GoT was almost unwatchable, I see what you mean.

But I don't really think that Tarantino movies fall into this trap. One of the things I like about the movie is how the visual theme changes over the movie depending on where she is and who she is engaging with. Inglorious Basterds has even more distinct transitions, dropping you straight from an idyllic countryside into occupied Paris.