Las Vegas

spronk

FPS noob
for whoevers going with your family, be sure to stop by brooklyn bowl during the week. bowling alley, a pretty big food area modeled after singapore food bazaars, and the big ferris wheel is behind it. gameworks is also opening this fall in town center shopping center (~3 miles past mandalay bay) and is a huge gaming/kids area. the hersheys store in new york new york just opened and is cool too

also giada de laurentis has opened her only restaurant in the new cromwell hotel, she was there last week cooking and chatting with guests
giada-de-laurentiis-cooking.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just a heads up, but Cirque is doing some kind of 30th anniversary thing with prices discounted pretty highly. I can't tell, but I think it's only for the summer.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Me and two of my friends just got his parents time share at the Westin (right behind the Flamingo) from Nov 9th - 13th. Last trip was in 07 so I'm pretty excited to get back and see everything that has changed. Oh, and to slay the 2-4 and 2-6 spread limit hold'em games, like always.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me and two of my friends just got his parents time share at the Westin (right behind the Flamingo) from Nov 9th - 13th. Last trip was in 07 so I'm pretty excited to get back and see everything that has changed. Oh, and to slay the 2-4 and 2-6 spread limit hold'em games, like always.
Least you picked a good time to come, always boggles my mind that people want to come here in the Summer.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Halloween is the best time without a doubt. Soe live rules and I'm inside 99.9% of the time so it's fine but I prefer October.

My brother, booked 4 nights weekend of July 4 - you drunks enjoy SOE though! Tell Georgeson I said what up.
I will be chilling with ps dev Malorn again. I'm sure I'll end up in devil dogs/ tritons room and higbys room again.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I was part of a great bachelor party at Palomino, which claims to be the only full nude/full bar strip club on the strip.

I have also been to the Spearmint Rhino but wasn't as fun because all the strippers were like pushy used car salesmen. But the inside is very nice and the talent was very good.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Every time I go to Vegas I come home and vow never to return. I'm sure in a year or 2 I'll have the desire to go again because it's so fucking cheap to stay there, but it's just too much excess. The Wynn was lovely though, and the $40 trick got us upgraded to the 1k sq ft suite (though we'd booked a nice room to begin with). Great time, great restaurants, great hangover (both food/booze), but still too over the top and crazy. Also, I absolutely love Vegas in the middle of the summer - the heat gives you a great excuse to spend the entire trip drunk at the topless pools.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, Spearmint Rhino is solid. Some gorgeous women are there. But it's always a shit show and, as opiate82 said, the ladies can be really pushy.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Hey guys,

I am planning a 2 week trip to Vegas in November with my wife. We am not going to Vegas for vacation but for another reason that basically has me sitting on our hands for 10 days or so. I just did 10 days in Vegas in June for the exact same reason, so I we burned out with Vegas itself, What I am looking for is advice on places we can go in that part of the USA. My folks snowbird in Palm springs so I visit them every almost every year so that part of California has been done to death. Is there any cool destinations you guys can recommend that would be a good day or two trip from Vegas? We are thinking about checking out phoenix (woot hockey !) but I have been told if it can be boring if your not going to golf (damn wife) or shopping at a stripmall/box store. I have been told Tucson is much more fun but it seems pretty far.

Can anyone recommend cool things to do with in a days drive of Vegas that is not in SoCal?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Grand Canyon for sure if you've never been. Unfortunately Vegas is really far from almost everything - just like everything in the west.

I'm going to Vegas for Halloween weekend this year. An old roommate and close friend from the college days was able to get cheap tickets from Cincinnati and I'm meeting him and some other friends there. Halloween falls on a Friday night so I figured this would be the perfect time to go. After reading all the anecdotes here, I'm really looking forward to it. Also, I'm a really big Phish fan and they happen to be playing at MGM (where we'll likely be staying) that weekend so I'll probably catch a show while there. Excited about this. I haven't been to Vegas in almost 18 months. Which is a pretty long time for me.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
If you have time to drive south to Phoenix then you have time to drive west to LA. Say what you want about LA but there's always shit to do there.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, I'm a really big Phish fan and they happen to be playing at MGM (where we'll likely be staying) that weekend so I'll probably catch a show while there.
Just got back from Dicks, and it was a blast. Do you have tickets for the MGM run? I'm seeing insanely high prices on StubHub.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just got back from Dicks, and it was a blast. Do you have tickets for the MGM run? I'm seeing insanely high prices on StubHub.
No tickets yet. I'll already be seeing them in SF all three days before that run. So I'm not putting the highest priority on those tickets. I'm sure prices will drop the week/day of the show. They always do.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Attending a wedding next month at the Valley of the Falls, was iffy about taking the kids, but since both sets of grandparents are coming too and offered to take them sightseeing and stuff then back to their home to watch them for a couple nights so we can have fun. I went ahead and booked the 1500sqft 2-bedroom suite at Mandalay Bay for 2 nights, then another 2 nights in a stripview penthouse. Rates were really low, 200ish per night for the 2 bedroom, 320 for the penthouse.

Really looking forward to this. Anyone stay recently at Mandalay Bay? Anyone suggest any shows? Was thinking Penn and Teller.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
You really can't go wrong with Penn and Teller. I think they're the best act for people in the 25 - 40 age range.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I really love their stuff. Fool Us was probably one of my most favorite shows in recent history. Just not sure the wife will enjoy it. But fuck it, I only get one chance to see them. Maybe I'll get tickets for the Michael Jackson experience to make it up to her or something.