League Of Legends

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
-apem (all pick, easy mode) was the only game type i played in the WC3 mod. They never brought easy mode into dota2 unfortunately. But even apem games could often go over 30 mins.
The custom games aspect to the Dota client may provide what you might seek. Valve just released its second custom Dota map that uses the hero pool for this years Halloween. 10v10, Imba Dota, Skillshot wars etc. Getting more support all the time.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, $4.99 for a shoulder piece you can't even see on your character in game or $23.99 for a full set that you can't tell you have on is so much better than the League skins... Literally the only thing I ever bought or would consider buying in Dota 2 is/was the Compendium.
Wtf are you talking about? Have you ever even played dota?

First, all you get charged for is cosmetics...you get every fucking hero..and you dont have to buy them. And secondly, the hero sets (ie the arcana sets you are referring to) that cost an arm and a leg have unique animations, spell effects, spell icons, weapons and so forth and you can definitely tell it is on.

Take the Legion Commander arcana. It changes her from some good commander to an evil hellspawned bitch with different voices, going from a polearm to dual wielded swords, glowing eyes, smoking ambient effects etc.

The arcana for her is fucking incredible.

Same goes for say, for Phantom Assassin. The arcana looks fucking badass and even leaves markers on the map where she has fufilled assassinations on other heroes.....not to mention it changes her basic attack animations, stance animation etc ......and a badass effect goes off when she crits her enemies with her ultimate coup de grace. You are really misinformed. You get everything for free, and can support the game through means like the compendiums, weapon sets and such, but you get everything. I choose to buy the arcana and other cosmetic sets because 1) I can afford it, and 2) supports the game, and mostly for me, 3) because it creates revenue for the incredibly talented artists who can use their skills to make money from the community which have the means to support them. Its a win-win-win for everyone.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
World Finals
Going as expected. SKT just look so far ahead of every other team it's ridiculous.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if you guys saw the Death timer changes but seems like they've been increased dramatically. Like ~75 second timer at 30 mins. They really want to shorten game times eh?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Worst worlds ever from pretty much every perspective. The only redeeming quality was possibly champ variety which was higher then the previous couple of years.
They need to change the format and do something like TI for Dota2. Get more teams involved, have a loser's bracket, best of 7 series for quarters and on.

So I still see Faker carries this game.
Faker actually was pretty average to bad for most of the tournament. The knob slobbering on him for the finals was more on past performance then current. Barring game four.

Format wise in do like the TI model. My biggest problem is why did this whole event take a month? Run groups one week. Then do winners and losers brackets the next week. Also screw 8 am or whatever it is starts for the finals. Even less motivation to watch it then I had when it turned out to be two Korean teams I could care less about.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Best of 7 is a bad idea, 7 hyper long games is too much time to ask players to sit through unfortunately. However, a losers bracket is mandatory. There is no actual clear cut 3rd place team in the current format which seems silly. I think the week long wait between all the games really sucked out any potential hype. The 6 concurrent days of TI were well done, including the order in which winner/loser bracket rounds were played. League just needs a different storyline besides Korean team makes all other pro players of League of Legends look bad.

Its too bad there is not more opportunity for the best regional teams to play more lan games in League. I think it really helps dota 2 that it doesn't have regional tier 1 tournaments. They are all international competition - including the majors now of course. Basically top dota teams by region can get their face kicked in by the best teams from other regions many more times a year - to both expose them to other regional play tendancies but also to have more live experience against the best.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also screw 8 am or whatever it is starts for the finals. Even less motivation to watch it then I had when it turned out to be two Korean teams I could care less about.
Yeah but that's also like 9pm in Korea, so really they started them at about the best time possible globally.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Is it April 1st? I can't tell.
http://clgaming.net/news/733
Counter Logic Gaming is sadly announcing today that the team has parted ways with Peter "Doublelift" Peng.

edit: i've wondered about moving the duo lane to mid, so that the support could roam and gank top/bot easier with jungle. but, lol meta is so set in stone, that unless the koreans start doing it, I don't see any changes to how lanes are configured.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally TSM will combine their consistent lack of worlds results with CLG's non-consistent seasonal results. This should tear a hole into some sort of hell dimension around game 6 of the next season I think.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Doublelift isn't the worst move to make. He did perform better than WT this past season and is considered the best NA ADC. Getting Doublelift means they can get 2 foreingers to fill 2 of the last 3 positions. The only other good options for ADC would be taking a foreigner which would then limit choices for jung/top/support.

If they can get Rush and/or Impact this team could be godly.