Legends of the Sword Coast

Raign

Golden Squire
The 3.4GB download is up on steam. Go go cans & string internets! (5 hours
frown.png
)
Lol, ditto here. Currently 1% and crawling.

Raign

Golden Squire
Tried adding you, but steam does not appear to like your ID... that or I don't know how to add friends in steam, either is possible. Try adding me, steam id is same as this id 'Raign'. Still downloading (of course), but over 50% now!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looked at this on Steam. It said the Dig Deluxe edition comes with a "Beholder monster for GM's." Are they implying that beholders are not in the game, unless your GM buys the DD edition, then you're allowed to have an iconic D&D monster?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Tried adding you, but steam does not appear to like your ID... that or I don't know how to add friends in steam, either is possible. Try adding me, steam id is same as this id 'Raign'. Still downloading (of course), but over 50% now!
friend invite sent, i loaded some underdark module someone made... am level 1.

I may be under shabushabu on steam, not sure. I am shabushabu on the sword coast game registration, so you should see my game listed. Anyone else out there playing come join us !

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
This game is going to be really good... i think really really good. But i am crashing like rapid fire. Played a bit with a couple folks and its really fun, i can only imagine how its going to be when we do the campaign and experience good user made content... this thing may be the next coming of NWN for sure !

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is going to be really good... i think really really good. But i am crashing like rapid fire. Played a bit with a couple folks and its really fun, i can only imagine how its going to be when we do the campaign and experience good user made content... this thing may be the next coming of NWN for sure !
Can you (or anyone) help me out with a little info. My research indicated the following:

1. You can't world build- i.e., you can do random little dungeons, but you can't make a world with overland, cities, multiple dungeons ect. True?

2. You are limited in the resources/stats/etc you use to build creatures/dungeons. Some type of point system to prevent making things too easy/hard?

3. The game does not come standard with all the assets needed to use the campaign editor. Apparently you have to buy them from the online store piecemeal?

I'd love for someone to tell me these rumors are full of shit, because I was excited about this game until I read the above...

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Don't know yet, I jumped on with a friend and did 3 of the dungeon crawl mode adventures. Really fun, just go in and sack the place.

I'll look at the DM stuff in a bit. There's 7 pages of player made modules already.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't know yet, I jumped on with a friend and did 3 of the dungeon crawl mode adventures. Really fun, just go in and sack the place.

I'll look at the DM stuff in a bit. There's 7 pages of player made modules already.
That's what I was thinking- you can make little one-off dungeon crawls, but no persistent type worlds.

Sulrn

Deuces
Game is meant to be DnD for the X-Bro, right? Detailed enough to intrigue people with 5e rule set, but shallow enough for mass appeal?

If so, this is just an evolution of last generations adventure games just with level creators. Never meant to be able to create entire campaigns without some hefty investment ($) only individual levels that you can tie together loosely.

[edit]

I'm not playing the game until things become clearer about the quality of the game, but I've learned never to take a steam community seriously. Even games I love (CoH2, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, DOTA2) communities devolve into madness frequently.

badlok

N00b
Well i guess it's a nother game i'll have to buy but won't have the time to play much.

I'll give it a go when i come back home on the 28th

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
It looks like you are stuck with Faerun's world map for placing stuff. I don't see a way to create your own custom overland map, but it's a pc game so I'm sure someone will figure out a way.

As for building areas, I'm a bit stuck on that. I made an NPC in the starting adventurer's camp area, and made a quest to give him, but I see no way to assign the quest to the NPC. The quest says you need to assign it to an area, but the area I wanted to assign it to has no such option.

If I try to visit the area I get some sort of dire warning of impending doom because something isn't done right. I'll figure it out eventually.

I've not seen any evidence of conversation or scripting, which was one of the best parts of old NWN. It might be there and I've just not found it yet.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So my problem earlier was that quests can only be given for dungeons, not outdoor areas. Seems a bit of a strange rule.

Also you can do one little spew of dialogue for a quest, but no branching or variables that I can find.

rrr_img_110016.jpg

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my problem earlier was that quests can only be given for dungeons, not outdoor areas. Seems a bit of a strange rule.

Also you can do one little spew of dialogue for a quest, but no branching or variables that I can find.

rrr_img_110016.jpg
Thanks for investigating/reporting. I guess the bottom line is this isn't NWN. There are token creation tools but its extremely limited/restricted. No world building. That sucks. Oh well.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I guess we will really know what they are capable of once we see the campaign that ships with the full game. NWN occasionally exceeded the abilities of the toolsets in official campaigns, but they were usually a good indication of what was possible.

I always wanted more out of NWN. Like ways to dig into the guts and make new feats or classes, or tie these in to scripting so a trainer npc could grant you abilities or stats.

Sulrn

Deuces
Fun or not, it's still disingenuous to push a key feature being DM toolsets when in actuality it's a glorified level editor + creep control. It also takes away one of DnD's strengths: Immersive-sandbox, player generated content and story telling. Leaving it looking like (from the dev livestream) a combination of X-Men Legends + a generic fantasy mmo.

Raises the question if they are going to push the 5e story as DLC campaigns or release greater freedom to the DM kit so it can actually float long term.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Fun or not, it's still disingenuous to push a key feature being DM toolsets when in actuality it's a glorified level editor + creep control. It also takes away one of DnD's strengths: Immersive-sandbox, player generated content and story telling. Leaving it looking like (from the dev livestream) a combination of X-Men Legends + a generic fantasy mmo.

Raises the question if they are going to push the 5e story as DLC campaigns or release greater freedom to the DM kit so it can actually float long term.
You know, there is not much else out there like this.. A modern D&D game with DM control and tools to build areas... Otherwise you have to look back what 8+ years ? Just glad to be having these conversations again with the hope that either this or something else along these lines will come along and truly give us what nwn2 should have been ... with a better engine.