Legends of the Sword Coast

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
After playing around with this for almost two hours I refunded it on Steam and it's now firmly in the wait and see category. It's just not what it was billed to be.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Has it been confirmed yet if the campaign is going to be co-op or not? I still can't get a definitive answer through google. I know that the dungeon crawling stuff is, but I've yet to find confirmation on the campaign.

Sulrn

Deuces
Has it been confirmed yet if the campaign is going to be co-op or not? I still can't get a definitive answer through google. I know that the dungeon crawling stuff is, but I've yet to find confirmation on the campaign.
It was confirmed by devs during the livestream that it is coop. Progress + story conv are saved to the host's save file. PC's replace the default companions found in game.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Its amazing how much more fun the beginning of Legends is over PoE... its like inherently interesting off the bat for some reason, where as PoE is like major bleh.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone else participating in the head start this weekend? I only managed to play a part of the level with a pubby group because the host went AFK and we couldn't advance any further, but it seems cool so far. The character creation feels almost like real DnD char creation, it's pretty cool. Seems like a lot of skills/trees to choose from too, so there's a whole bunch of ways to take your character within your class, which I'm a big fan of. Combat seems kinda basic right now, but since my dude was only level 1, I figure it's probably just because of that. Once i get a few levels into the game I'm sure it'll get more interesting. Having a real group would definitely help as well.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else participating in the head start this weekend? I only managed to play a part of the level with a pubby group because the host went AFK and we couldn't advance any further, but it seems cool so far. The character creation feels almost like real DnD char creation, it's pretty cool. Seems like a lot of skills/trees to choose from too, so there's a whole bunch of ways to take your character within your class, which I'm a big fan of. Combat seems kinda basic right now, but since my dude was only level 1, I figure it's probably just because of that. Once i get a few levels into the game I'm sure it'll get more interesting. Having a real group would definitely help as well.
D&D hasalwayshad basic as shit combat in the early levels, at least in every edition I've played (2nd - 4th). Things don't start picking up in D&D until atleastlevel 5ish for most classes.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If you buy it now can you play it now? Release says Oct 20th.
They've been doing beta weekend things (Should note that they disable 50% of the content to avoid spoilers). It was suppose to release today but their beta weekend last week caused a lot of backlash and Steam refunds so they decided to delay for a month to try and fix things. My advice it wait until release and watch a few Lets Plays to see what it really is before you buy it. I was nothing but disappointed by what I saw last week.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I might just steam refund this. Itll be the first thing Ive refunded thus far.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Thanks for info, I will wait for reviews but likely buy it anyway to load my own campaigns.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I tried it out last weekend and found the DM toolset was a bit disappointing for making modules.

Maps are all randomly laid out even the overworld ones and the options to create dialogue are limited. I tried to create an NPC that would talk to you first and then could attack if the conversation went bad but it's currently impossible to do with the tools available.

So from a creation standpoint all you really can do is make dungeon runs for now, the storytelling aspect is severely limited.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is it the DM and coop part that is lacking or the single player campaign? I am only interested in the SP campaign so was wondering if that comes close to the quality of games like BG2 and such.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Can't say much about the Single player, they had disabled it during the one weekend beta I participated in before I returned it.
-The GM tools were incredibly sparse. They were promising to add to the tools post release so this may or may not get fixed in the long run. This could impact Single player gameplay since they used the same tools.
-There was supposedly many problems with lag in multiplayer. This is something that they may have made improvements on since. I don't know.
-The ruleset wasn't even really D&D but some bastardized version. I doubt this ever gets fixed since you'd have to retool the entire game.

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
I have one Standard key (doesn't seem like you can upgrade it to deluxe anytime soon) left from a five pack that I bought, which I can sell for $25 via PayPal.

I'll warn you in advance, it's not the world's greatest game and as others have said, the DM tools are incredibly sparse. Drop me a PM if you're interested, I will have to gift it to you via Steam.