Let's build some pools!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s because it’s so small. Handle being below waist height it’s going to be easier to grab that and open it versus a vertical one you have to reach down to get around. Would be easier/cheaper to just have a groove in the top of the door like mine does but w/e.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

TheBeagle TheBeagle What are your thoughts on these? Obviously not as profitable from an installer/contractor standpoint since the pool is basically pre-fab, but from a consumer standpoint? Epoxy and polyaspartic finish is pretty indestructible— I’ve got it in my carport and have dropped power tools on it without a scratch.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
TheBeagle TheBeagle What are your thoughts on these? Obviously not as profitable from an installer/contractor standpoint since the pool is basically pre-fab, but from a consumer standpoint? Epoxy and polyaspartic finish is pretty indestructible— I’ve got it in my carport and have dropped power tools on it without a scratch.

Have you seen those pre-fabbed fiberglass pool shells that are advertised and displayed all over our highways from one end of the state to the next? Forget the name, but there's one right off I-35 just south of the metroplex that I see everytime I drive south. These shipping container things seem like the same thing to me but with extra steps (and extra $$$$). My impression is it's something that looks cool on social media and Pinterest and probably has a few niche cases where it would be the right choice over a traditional pool but in general isn't something that can compete with a normal, back yard, in ground pool.

The pool industry is littered with companies trying to reinvent the wheel. Our company got involved with one of those new, plaster - free finishes for a decade. Built hundreds of pools with it. Looked great brand new, it was like picking out a paint color in how uniform and perfect it looked. Offered a lifetime guarantee on it. But it's just not as reliable as good old fashioned plaster. We're going to be stuck repairing and patching that shit on all those pools forever. We stopped using it a couple years ago and went back to being exclusively plaster/pebble. Water chemistry is a real bitch and when you have a synthetic surface you have to keep it dialed in all the time or it will get away from you really quick. A plaster pool is much more forgiving in regards to chemistry and actually helps to buffer the water. There's probably 10 pool guys in DFW that know how to properly take care of these new synthetic surfaces and I left that side of the biz a few years ago, so maybe 9 😂.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy with any kind of pre-fabbed pool.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Been building a higher level difficulty one. It's on the side of a very steep hill on a lake shore. Pool is 32' long and had 6' of drop from one end to the other. Compounded by the fact the hill is solid rock so we had to use the hammer. Forms on the back side are 6' out of the ground.
IMG_20231004_103429978_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231018_094231600_HDR.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
When we shot the gunite we had to strip the forms on the sides so we could shoot a ledge on the outside for the rock veneer. Stripping forms when you have a 6' wall of fresh gunite is something that doesn't happen very often. Pretty hair raising. If the wall were to collapse....big fucking oops. To mitigate that we put in a double mat of 1/2" rebar on 6" centers. That's what they put in highways. It worked.

IMG_20231018_110959957_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231018_112205329_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231018_112747225_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231018_094209703_HDR.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK team, we are finally done. Pool starter went in yesterday but we have to upgrade the gas meter before we can use the heater or outdoor kitchen. I called to schedule and it wont happen until DECEMBER FUCKING NINETEENTH. Well at least it looks good, right?
20231114_081443.jpg
20231114_081346.jpg
20231114_081326.jpg
20231114_081422.jpg

20231114_081357.jpg
20231114_081431.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Every single thing you see here was designed and the materials selected by my wife. She went as far as to have them source some materials from distributors they do not use just so she could have the look she wanted.
I assume that’s fake grass? That would be so lame to mow that.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I see you went with the double dishwasher and the new slim model dishwasher, very nice

1699978018737.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
OK team, we are finally done. Pool starter went in yesterday but we have to upgrade the gas meter before we can use the heater or outdoor kitchen. I called to schedule and it wont happen until DECEMBER FUCKING NINETEENTH. Well at least it looks good, right?
View attachment 500354View attachment 500355View attachment 500356View attachment 500357
View attachment 500358View attachment 500359
Nice work. Your plaster needs to cure for three weeks before running the heater anyway.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I see you went with the double dishwasher and the new slim model dishwasher, very nice

View attachment 500372

That is actually a trash can and a double refrigerator with no freezer. The company told us that they are almost the same price as the mini-fridge with the tiny ass freezer that doesn't really freeze anything...yet the mini fridge is chosen 9 to 1 over that one. I was blown away.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That is actually a trash can and a double refrigerator with no freezer. The company told us that they are almost the same price as the mini-fridge with the tiny ass freezer that doesn't really freeze anything...yet the mini fridge is chosen 9 to 1 over that one. I was blown away.
Well that double model looks retarded so it’s understandable.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well that double model looks retarded so it’s understandable.
I thought it was a dishwasher. Sealed outdoor rated cabinets that keep out the bugs are a bit expensive. I've seen people using drawer style dishwashers instead for things like outdoor dishes and utensils. Even with that fridge, the drawers might not look as nice as a door, but it's so much easier to use.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 500354View attachment 500355View attachment 500356View attachment 500357
View attachment 500358View attachment 500359
Dig the pergola but you could use some trees. NFC what usda zone you’re in or id throw some recommendations. Trees would add more privacy and enclose it to make it more “intimate”.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Dig the pergola but you could use some trees. NFC what usda zone you’re in or id throw some recommendations. Trees would add more privacy and enclose it to make it more “intimate”.

Very perceptive; the 6 ft shrub wall is the next part of the project. Japanese Boxwoods are the current front runner.