Let's build some pools!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How often should a pool service clean the filter cartridge? Literally everyone I am calling is saying different things. The pool builder said without an enclosure it should be cleaned weekly. Some cleaning companies are saying they only clean the filter once a month.

Is there a reason people go with cartridges vs sand filter? I only had to backwash every few months.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a reason people go with cartridges vs sand filter? I only had to backwash every few months.
Wtf? I have to backwash like every week or two.

I had big paper/rubber filters on my last pool, I cleaned those once mid summer, then again when I would close it.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Cartridge filters clean the water much more effectively. Capture smaller particles. Also less maintenance, clean the carts a couple times a year or backwash every damn week. When its time to change the sand after a few years its a colossal pain in the ass. Changing the cartridges,not so much. No one in my area, DFW, installs sand filters in residential pools. Exclusively commercial pools these days, in my experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to guess 60-80k with landscaping. Let's see if my inflat-o-meter is right.
Lmao. It’s broken.

My guess is $140 for that backyard, and I’m not including that pavilion kitchen in the background.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Lmao. It’s broken.

My guess is $140 for that backyard, and I’m not including that pavilion kitchen in the background.
Ah didn't see it was a kitchen thought just gazebo. Yea I could see it being more I'm just trying to be hopeful.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
$230k for everything.

Betting Mads Mikkelsen GIF by James Bond 007

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ah didn't see it was a kitchen thought just gazebo. Yea I could see it being more I'm just trying to be hopeful.
A basic pool starts around $80k. Ones where people get a few “extras” starts getting $100k+ very quickly. I’m in Indiana so that’s probably lower than a lot of other states with higher costs of living and wages. My $140k guess is probably low honestly. If you were guessing $60-80 and including that gazebo you are way under. $200k+ with all that.

Pools inflated a lot more than other items during inflation but I’ve heard they’ve finally started plateauing and coming down a bit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Business is slow right now so just a pool, no spa, 400 sq ft of decking, no raised beams, no waterfalls can be bought for around $55k in DFW right now.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Business is slow right now so just a pool, no spa, 400 sq ft of decking, no raised beams, no waterfalls can be bought for around $55k in DFW right now.
What size is that? Thats a lot cheaper than here if that’s a basic 16x32.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
What size is that? Thats a lot cheaper than here if that’s a basic 16x32.
Every job is custom, not really a "size", but a basic pool around 10-12k gallons is going to run around 55-60k. Pebble finish. You can get a little cheaper i guess if you go old school white plaster

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
And ya, there's a much bigger infrastructure for the pool industry in a southern metroplex like DFW/Phoenix/Houston so you will definitely get more bang for your buck here than somewhere up north that can't even work outside a few months out of the year.