Lets go picket at Fred Phelps funeral

iannis

Musty Nester
Meh. You've got successful black businesses that serve the community rather than the "black" community. You've got men that aren't tenant farmers. You've got some integration. Not total integration, but no one really wants total integration. Communities want their comfort zones. White, Black, Oriental, Gay. They want a shared community and a private community. And you can have both. You've got ghettos full of poor blacks starving and killing each other. But you were gonna have that no matter what. You've got ghettos full of poor whites, too. We call them trailer parks. And we whites have been rich, according to non-whites, since well before the earth was invented.

They didn't get every single part of it wrong. They didn't create the problems. They took some of the worst of the edges off.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Do you deny that the Democrat party is the party that fought tooth and nail to preserve the institution of slavery? Do you deny that the Democrat party is the party of Jim Crow? Do you deny that the Democrat party is the party of the "War on Poverty"? All of these things have had real and significant (negative) impact on minorities in this country.

So I ask again, who is really trying to change the past?
DOOD! I totally learned about ALL of that in this movie called Lincoln! Like, it was amazing.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
As much as I hate Phelps and what he stood for in his later life it's hard to argue with his actions for the civil rights movement to the extent I'd love to know what changed in him to go from one extreme to the other, or if he just believed there were no gay blacks.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Meh. You've got successful black businesses that serve the community rather than the "black" community. You've got men that aren't tenant farmers. You've got some integration. Not total integration, but no one really wants total integration. Communities want their comfort zones. White, Black, Oriental, Gay. They want a shared community and a private community. And you can have both. You've got ghettos full of poor blacks starving and killing each other. But you were gonna have that no matter what. You've got ghettos full of poor whites, too. We call them trailer parks. And we whites have been rich, according to non-whites, since well before the earth was invented.

They didn't get every single part of it wrong. They didn't create the problems. They took some of the worst of the edges off.
bubbles-trailer-park-boys.png