Loot situation POP quit dicking us around

iannis

Musty Nester
Utnayan said:
Blizzard is the last hope of any quality coming out of this shit ridden genre of play now patch later, and banking on players to put up with it because they have so much time invested in their characters.
Games Workship is slating Warhammer Fantasy Online for 2004 release. I usually had a good bit of respect for the stuff they put out. From the looks of it should rock all other existing fantasy games, and up-and-coming. No big-titted elves with fuck-me boots and wedgies, or little ultra-green happy leprechaun fields with busted-ass RvR, or just plain ugly PvP game...etc etc...

Wychway_foh

shitlord
Andaas said:

One major thing you are forgetting here:
  • All current Blizzard games = unlimited FREE online play
  • Worlds of Warcraft = monthly fee required
When someone has to pony up $12.95 (or whatever) per month, it is going to weed out the vast majority of fuck ups.
the other thing is: Diablo, which most people use to compare, is done by Blizzard North, a seperate studio. The online structure for WoW will be nothing even close to reslebling it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Who are you calling Lazy? If you can come up with a decent target then I"ll agree with you, but you didn"t. You didn"t even try.
SomeDesigners to answer your question, and they get this lazyness from being told they do not have to meet certain higher level/zone milestones.

The result? Slacking. They end up throwing in shit loot tables at the end of the expansion on a patch day when it"s released, they are forced to break things on purpose to stifle content advvancement because it isn"t finished.

Publishers say "Ok you have two months. Finish XYZ and forget about ABC"

Dev"s say, "Awesome. We have XYZ pretty much finished, ABC we do not have to work on till later. Let"s fuck around and instead of actually adding a decent loot table, or finish the high end content, or just surprise the money man and say, "Hey look... Since we had time, we finished ABC as well" they sit on their asses playing online FPS"s in the office until release, than worry about the shit they have to get to in other milestones later.

Lazy tech support for actually telling me at one point that /serverfilter is no longer a command in the game that can be turned off or on, and works now regardless, meanwhile no one can turn off certain spell text. Basically shitheads that just want to close the trouble ticket. Who can blame them, they make 8 bucks an hour. About 5 bucks less per hour than they pay their devs.

SOE is a shit stain company. How they lasted this long is pure time investment at this stage in the game. I hope to Christ people remember the shit this company put them through with retarded 65% complete expansions. Making the consumer pay for something while they actually finish the rest of the product.

And guess what. The same thing is going to happen to SWG.

Lin_foh

shitlord
Of course it will happen in SWG, it works and makes money now, why not continue? Makes perfect sense

Why? They already have the self-abusive masochistic market locked down, they want MORE people, not the same ones switching games! Maybe SWG will appeal to the happy-happy-barney-and-teletubbies crowd?

Schezanna_foh

shitlord
There"s also the fact that Lucasarts has their fingers in that pie. They may not have 100% aim at awesome games (Force Commander anyone?), but their standards are miles above VI in terms of quality and interest in customer satisfaction.

Froofy-D_foh

shitlord
Why do people like "Your Hero" bust other people"s balls for playing EQ a lot? Nobody here cares what you do with your freetime. Nobody cares about your anymous post on the internet expressing your opinion about how many hours of EQ per week is socially acceptable. If EQ sucks so bad then why come to this site?

Oh yeah and I love these people that have all this corporate insider knowledge about daily routine and business strategy at Verant/Sony Online (utnayan, birgitte, ayeshala etc...). Can you give us some stock tips maybe? How about some hints about the next expansion??

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Can you give us some stock tips maybe? How about some hints about the next expansion??
I wouldn"t buy their stock.

Ask Furor what I PM"d him about a month ago regarding the next expansion.

Anything else you want to know? Like why PO Water is bugged on purpose in a certain area to make sure you cannot progress passed a certain boss loc due to a forced redraw of a zone design to slow the FPS down to about 6, as they scuttle to hurry and finish PO Time 3 months after release?

Utnayan said:

SomeDesigners to answer your question, and they get this lazyness from being told they do not have to meet certain higher level/zone milestones.

The result? Slacking. They end up throwing in shit loot tables at the end of the expansion on a patch day when it"s released, they are forced to break things on purpose to stifle content advvancement because it isn"t finished.

Publishers say "Ok you have two months. Finish XYZ and forget about ABC"

Dev"s say, "Awesome. We have XYZ pretty much finished, ABC we do not have to work on till later. Let"s fuck around and instead of actually adding a decent loot table, or finish the high end content, or just surprise the money man and say, "Hey look... Since we had time, we finished ABC as well" they sit on their asses playing online FPS"s in the office until release, than worry about the shit they have to get to in other milestones later.

Lazy tech support for actually telling me at one point that /serverfilter is no longer a command in the game that can be turned off or on, and works now regardless, meanwhile no one can turn off certain spell text. Basically shitheads that just want to close the trouble ticket. Who can blame them, they make 8 bucks an hour. About 5 bucks less per hour than they pay their devs.

SOE is a shit stain company. How they lasted this long is pure time investment at this stage in the game. I hope to Christ people remember the shit this company put them through with retarded 65% complete expansions. Making the consumer pay for something while they actually finish the rest of the product.

And guess what. The same thing is going to happen to SWG.
Ahh, so you are claiming designers are lazy based on zero evidence, just talking out of your ass. That"s what I thought. And breaking things on purpose to slow content? You need to watch out for the Black Helicopters which are swinging by your house at night and making crop circles.

Flaw_foh

shitlord
Ok Ok! everyone needs to just relax here......and take one more glimpse at the cactus picture posted above. Then, is when you will see the light!

Hurk_foh

shitlord
OG Dephton said:

I guess you expect everyone to walk around on Eggshells and hold hands in hippyville? The only people that have issues with people playing the high end game are ones that wish the roles were reversed. I"m hardly in an uberguild, but I"m not gonna come to the FoH guild board and tell them they are full of shit, when I know that they have pretty much played this game to its fullest, and seem to always have a good sense of balance in regards to it.

<snip>

Someone should post a shortlist of shit that has been changed from kunark to now, solely based on feedback from FoH, LoS, AL, etc. Would be a neat look at what exactly has been done to help out the non "ubers"
its called persepective, and while I agree the majority of the people who flame furor do it simply to shout at the Man, there are a few that simple see things from a diffrent angle that Furor cannot. Take mid level guilds for instance, and Furor"s recent idea to put molds on mini-bosses. Most in the thread said why not go back to ToV loot and let them drop random, counting on the skill of the guild"s crafters to finish them.

Furor doesnt like that view, he wants you to **work** IE take a Raid to get these kinds of drops. Its his perspective, and he voices it a lot. its not at all playable for 90% of the EQ population, but hay... they dont matter anyway.

Post a list of shit al/foh/triton changed? its as good as it is bad. a few examples:
AoW changed to be killable
SSra dungeon difficulty lowered
Seru nerfed to not be a zerg fest

examples of "closing the door"
Ring event in Ntov
3x upgrades to the power of ToV mobs
nerf of all zones with PBAOE mobs due to abuse and bragging
velious being released assmuming you had at least 6 cleric breastplates in your guild
key quests in luclin to slow content consumption rate.
mod rod nerfs
monk nerfs
cleric nerfs
gimped blue mob scale post level 60
coth nerfs
mana burn nerf

major changes caused by these guilds like the nerf of mod rods did not affect them, but it did stop every single guild that was below their power level from catching up. people were using rods to do things like tov, kael, dain, sebilis, etc, small guilds used this power to replace their lack of healings and nukers. they got set back 6 months by this one change.

Its things like that ... the paladin nerf is the only time VI realised what they were doing, there were so few people that could actually do the gross 8k crits it didnt matter. sure it should have been balanced, but their solution didnt change the game much for those few people in the top end guilds get a small slap on the wrist, while the some thousands of mid level guilds that are using these abilities as a foundation on which to build stratigy would get bent over yet agian.

Same thing with mana burn. a small guild with one or two burners could get a 3rd to join them and do 50% of their targets health, where as the top three guilds are fighting things that even 10 mana burns would go unnoticed. Sure people where hogging kunark dragons, thats called capitalism, and it worked quite well. Before the nerf red scales were selling for under 8k on my server, now they are well above 15k agian. I would much rather have purchased epics than wasted the guilds time chasing after these spawns.

Hurk said:

its called persepective, and while I agree the majority of the people who flame furor do it simply to shout at the Man, there are a few that simple see things from a diffrent angle that Furor cannot. Take mid level guilds for instance, and Furor"s recent idea to put molds on mini-bosses. Most in the thread said why not go back to ToV loot and let them drop random, counting on the skill of the guild"s crafters to finish them.

Furor doesnt like that view, he wants you to **work** IE take a Raid to get these kinds of drops. Its his perspective, and he voices it a lot. its not at all playable for 90% of the EQ population, but hay... they dont matter anyway.

Post a list of shit al/foh/triton changed? its as good as it is bad. a few examples:
AoW changed to be killable
SSra dungeon difficulty lowered
Seru nerfed to not be a zerg fest

examples of "closing the door"
Ring event in Ntov
3x upgrades to the power of ToV mobs
nerf of all zones with PBAOE mobs due to abuse and bragging
velious being released assmuming you had at least 6 cleric breastplates in your guild
key quests in luclin to slow content consumption rate.
mod rod nerfs
monk nerfs
cleric nerfs
gimped blue mob scale post level 60
coth nerfs
mana burn nerf

major changes caused by these guilds like the nerf of mod rods did not affect them, but it did stop every single guild that was below their power level from catching up. people were using rods to do things like tov, kael, dain, sebilis, etc, small guilds used this power to replace their lack of healings and nukers. they got set back 6 months by this one change.

Its things like that ... the paladin nerf is the only time VI realised what they were doing, there were so few people that could actually do the gross 8k crits it didnt matter. sure it should have been balanced, but their solution didnt change the game much for those few people in the top end guilds get a small slap on the wrist, while the some thousands of mid level guilds that are using these abilities as a foundation on which to build stratigy would get bent over yet agian.

Same thing with mana burn. a small guild with one or two burners could get a 3rd to join them and do 50% of their targets health, where as the top three guilds are fighting things that even 10 mana burns would go unnoticed. Sure people where hogging kunark dragons, thats called capitalism, and it worked quite well. Before the nerf red scales were selling for under 8k on my server, now they are well above 15k agian. I would much rather have purchased epics than wasted the guilds time chasing after these spawns.
Hahah.. Hurk, not only are you a bonafide moron, you"re an Everquest newbie to boot. Here"s some advice for you: When you are talking about Everquest, at least have some experience in having PLAYED the fucking game at some level of competency beyond farming Bouncer Hurd for Crude Steins.

Bravo... Bravo I say....

And I suppose I shouldn"t let this go without one bit of information for your sorry, uninformed ass. Had manaburn not been nerfed, 10 wizards could have Manaburned Solusek Ro and nearly every other mob in PoP to dead or near dead instantly - everytime. That woulda really brought down the prices on the lewtz for you to purchase.

Viva la France...

Aspheris_foh

shitlord
I know personally 3 different uber guilds on 3 different servers (meaning they were all the best on their server) that during the first weeks of SOV killed mobs and looted up and then complained to have them changed knowing that now that they have the loot the can do the new upgraded mobs.

Tov was the same way even sleepers, the top guilds farmed for a few weeks then cried that it was to easy and to make it harder, but by then they had the loot but that second and third guild didn?t have the loot so it took them longer to beat the upgraded mobs while the number 1 guild moved on.

I know nobody here likes bugs but i say fix the bug only if it"s pathing fine fix it if there?s no loot dropping fix it but don"t make a mob harder or remove it because the top guilds think it is to easy or the loot isn"t right.

I know a nice flame can cover almost anything, calling someone gimp or saying go back to seb or crushbone is the #1 answer to anything that doesn"t agree with you, I know that saying and proving your the best should mean everyone else should shut up because they know nothing, I did it do back before kunark killing vox and naggy at the same time getting in bbs wars saying that you must be gimp if your guild can dual raid ect.

But i also know that there are a lot of gimp things all #1"s do to stay #1 and people need to remember that.

I know that we would call someone a gimp and a loser one week and then they join us and 2 weeks later they are the best (insert class here) in the guild.

I know we could press anyone to do almost anything because if they guild remove where are they gonna go?

See even in a #2 guild you worry your best cleric or warrior may get taken from you when your #1 that worry is almost non-existent.

We always would claim that everyone was jealous of us and that anyone who disagreed with us were mad because they weren?t us even if they could never be uber because of there play time.

You don?t have to walk on eggshells but there is a thing called respect and everyone should start will at least a little unless they disrespect you first.

Aspheris_foh

shitlord
Another thing anyone who has been in school should know, the best time to get in a dissing contest is with all your friends around because no matter how lame your jokes are your friends will always laugh at them, and you better be sure to back them up when it"s their turn.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ahh, so you are claiming designers are lazy based on zero evidence, just talking out of your ass. That"s what I thought. And breaking things on purpose to slow content? You need to watch out for the Black Helicopters which are swinging by your house at night and making crop circles
Hey just what I thought, you are a duckfucked chimp with the brain size of a small can of tuna.

Christ open your fucking eyes nimrod. They stalled content to finishing sleepers by breaking the warder because they didn"t have the script finished. They hid access to PoM because they didn"t have the loot table finished. Nor most of the quests. But people found it anyhow. The VT key quest was broken for a time because they didn"t have half of VT done. And now they have areas broken in Tier 4 zones because Plane of Time isn"t finished.

Take your fucking head out of your ass. I do not see black helicopters, but for fucks sake, at least I can see one flying aove me if I open my eyes at an airport.

You fucking moron.

Flaw said:
To reply to the dumbfuck who said he couldnt unscramble my closing words, they were "fucking fag" which does fit the questioner perfect.
Its called fucking sarcasm, and dont pull that, " I was being sarcastic too dumbfuck," bullshit either. GD retard.

nadime_foh

shitlord

Take your fucking head out of your ass. I do not see black helicopters, but for fucks sake, at least I can see one flying aove me if I open my eyes at an airport.

You fucking moron.

Posts that end in insults > all

Zeno_foh

shitlord
Flaw said:
To reply to the dumbfuck who said he couldnt unscramble my closing words, they were "fucking fag" which does fit the questioner perfect.
Only a colossal idiot is capable of producing such ironic genius---try unscrambling the mysteries of the English language sometime, Turbo.

"fucking fag"

Utnayan said:

Hey just what I thought, you are a duckfucked chimp with the brain size of a small can of tuna.

Christ open your fucking eyes nimrod. They stalled content to finishing sleepers by breaking the warder because they didn"t have the script finished. They hid access to PoM because they didn"t have the loot table finished. Nor most of the quests. But people found it anyhow. The VT key quest was broken for a time because they didn"t have half of VT done. And now they have areas broken in Tier 4 zones because Plane of Time isn"t finished.

You fucking moron.
Heh. There is a massive difference between not fixing already broken content and purposefully breaking existing content that works. All of these examples you listed are the former, not the latter.

Care to come up with a *REAL* example where they broke content that already worked on purpose? Note: Not removed or nerfed, *BROKE*. I bet you can"t do it.

If you truly hate Verant enough to think that any break was intentional, then you are flat out paranoid, and thus the black helicopters/crop circles comment was well suited to you.

Sheesh, for fucks sake I don"t even like Verant as a company. I think they are underhanded bastards who use their semi-monopoly to thoroughly undermine their customer base, and do so repeatedly. But I always come off defending them against people like you, who make positively ludicrous claims, claims that you back up with "facts" which don"t apply. People so blinded by their hatred of Verant/Sony that they don"t even see how stupid their claims really are.

Flaw_foh

shitlord
um, im not going to say "I was being sarcastic too, dumbfuck" line, im going to use the, "I was not being sarcastic too, dumbfuck" line.

utnayan has dished out more ass kickin through words lately then I know what to do with, and no im not being sarcastic