Losing your Job

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hey Adebisi Adebisi
What happened, were you not a diverse enough candidate?

I didn't hear back from the one interview, got some followups on another.

At the end of one interview the lady talked about their workplace culture being more important than skills. To me that translated to "bro, are you cool enough?" or "Someone wants their friend in this position but we have to go through the motions"

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I didn't hear back from the one interview, got some followups on another.

At the end of one interview the lady talked about their workplace culture being more important than skills. To me that translated to "bro, are you cool enough?" or "Someone wants their friend in this position but we have to go through the motions"

That sucks but glad you're still getting some traffic. Do you live in a busy enough city to have some options at least or are you starting to look further afield?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most of the people on this board are smart, motivated and well-written. It's another bullshit platitude but I'm sure things will turn out well for you. It must be hard being under the gun while having a life in motion and then having it all swept away like that with a surprise layoff. I've got a friend that lives near Toronto (well, Petawawa, close enough) and he says the job market up in that area is pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Welp im already in with the fresh Craisins lol. I got unlimited access to them as well as cranberry concentrate and sugar.

I feel like the luckiest man on Earth. Its amazing working for a multi billion dolar conglomorate, this place just smells like money. I monitor the entire plant from my control room, this system they have literally shows every pump, cooling tower, electrical hub, ammonia station, etc on my cpu. I can open a steam valve 5 football fields away with the click of a button.

I made it to the big time, boys. Whoever wants Craisins let me know.

20170311_145613.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Craisins on salad is only way I can take them. Noodle message me sometime n ill meet you n give you a huge bag

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
They are good in pumpkin bread or along with the raisins in oatmeal cookies too.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm on a list for contract work at my old job. Once something comes up I'll have some work.

Bleh. Not working feelsbadman.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Craisins and yogurt. Mix it up before going to work and by the time you get to lunch, they'll have reconstituted a bit. Looks like something you scraped off a sanitary napkin, but tastes really good. Nice texture too.