Losing your Job

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Both my bosses declined to give me a reference, so Im pretty salted. Its a long story buy Ive had attendance issues due to them fucking me on moving me to the night shift without asking me. So I pushed back and they didnt like it and labeled me as a fuck up and unreliable ever since. My reputation is undeserved, I have a small group of employees there that are on my side and realize middle and upper management are fucked. They dont want to recommend me because they dont want to lose me. I do a lot of shit there.

But I just want to wait till the very end when I know everything is done before I say anything anyway, so I probably wont be a dick. There is just no downside to it besides maybe my chief badmouthing me everywhere he goes. Which does kind of suck so Im probably just going to be a professional about it. Thanks bros.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Thanks bros.

Can we shitpost a bit tho? lol.

Honestly, one of the things im most looking forward to is telling my current 2 bosses that im quitting. I gotta give my 2 weeks but im thinking of the way I can do it. I got sick time, personal time, and vacation time, which they have to pay me for. I was thinking of giving one week and then just taking 2 or 3 sick days and never going back, or maybe just take the money? Like Ive thought of soooo many things to say when I go into that smug fucks office and just be like....

LOL I FUCKING QUIT. HERES MY 2 WEEKS

*walks out*

He is a total dick, and so is my facilities boss. He wouldnt even give a recommendation for my last interview. That place is really unreasonable and treat their employees like dogshit.

Thoughts?

Keep it professional no matter how tempting it is.

I find that the older I get, the larger my circle of professional contacts is - and as such, the bosses you tell to fuck off one year, might end up knowing people you need several years from now.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I once quit a job on a whim (under duress) and a decade later a recruiter mentions, oh such and such from X job is a close friend of mine. Did you know him?

They never called me back after that interview.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Both my bosses declined to give me a reference, so Im pretty salted. Its a long story buy Ive had attendance issues due to them fucking me on moving me to the night shift without asking me. So I pushed back and they didnt like it and labeled me as a fuck up and unreliable ever since. My reputation is undeserved, I have a small group of employees there that are on my side and realize middle and upper management are fucked. They dont want to recommend me because they dont want to lose me. I do a lot of shit there.

But I just want to wait till the very end when I know everything is done before I say anything anyway, so I probably wont be a dick. There is just no downside to it besides maybe my chief badmouthing me everywhere he goes. Which does kind of suck so Im probably just going to be a professional about it. Thanks bros.
That's pretty fucked up. I would keep it on the level. No reason to give them the satisfaction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Schedule all your vacation, and 2 weeks before the end call them to give 2 weeks notice. This ensures they don't try to fuck you over by firing you for 'cause', since things have been contentious already.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, normally I would say that is a bad idea, but since you know the score with these guys already, best to play it most safe.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So wait u guys think i should put in for 2 weeks vacation and THEN give my two weeks after I return?

I dont want to say fuck you pay me then quit but it will be very hard for them to cover me for 2 weeks. Me getting a single day off is like a national emergency. There is so much bad blood n I want to just take a dump on my bosses desk so bad but in a way I just want to take the high road.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure what scheduling out the vacation would do. They have to pay it out whether you take it or not. I'd see if the new gig is open to letting you start sooner though just in case. It's never happened to me, but I know plenty of people who've had tension between them and the boss and got told to "not worry" about two weeks notice when they went to resign.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Also depending on your companies policy, you may not have accrued much vacation yet this year. Taking two weeks and leaving you may end up owing it back. I don't fully accrue until October (my boss is not a dick and I can take it whenever, but if I left early I could end up owing some cash back).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So wait u guys think i should put in for 2 weeks vacation and THEN give my two weeks after I return?

I dont want to say fuck you pay me then quit but it will be very hard for them to cover me for 2 weeks. Me getting a single day off is like a national emergency. There is so much bad blood n I want to just take a dump on my bosses desk so bad but in a way I just want to take the high road.

You made it sound like you had a shitload of time off banked. If you don't, ignore my advice. But I would schedule what you have now, and get it approved, then give them two weeks when you have two weeks left. Just tell them some 'life altering event' has come up and you won't be able to return to work. The point is to prevent them from having a chance to screw you over on your way out the door. Dicks gonna dicks. If they fire you for cause they won't have to pay out on vacation.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

imo, drop your notice for going on vacation, start your new job, then drop your notice. Yeah, it's not exactly chivalrous, but you've been clear that these guys aren't giving you a reference in any scenario, in fact they've framed it so you're a fuckup. Bail, dude.

High road for sure, all day. But you don't owe them. It's a bad situation and you just need out so you can start building a positive reputation and sending me craisins.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea I mean the whole chivalry two weeks notice thing is a holdover from a time between the fifties and eighties where the baby boomers ruined America more companies didn't treat their employees like disposable chaff.

I don't expect notice from an employee who isn't on good terms with me or my management staff, nor do I accept it. I also work with good employees moving on to better/different things and help them figure out a plan that works best for both parties, I don't begrudge good people doing well for themselves even if I hate to lose them. It's just part of being an employer in this era. You don't owe them anything, but certainly consider your parting shots will not be forgotten.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think i missed some shit here...WTF happened?

I've been on and off these boards since the fohguild days..WTF?

a_skeleton_03 promised cake pops to me and a few others. Ned Stark ones if I remember correctly. He failed to deliver. There's more to is but it's not that interesting and frankly, still hurts to talk about.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Ignore the shit out of them.
Take your sick days and any personal days, save your vacation.
Get a contract signed with your new company and an official start date.
Give your two weeks politely, and show up every day you're scheduled for the next two weeks.
Document giving your two weeks (give them a written/email copy if you can); if they really are huge pricks, they may try to term you for cause, which means they may not need to pay vacation or anything else.
Walk out of their knowing that they tried to fuck you, and you're getting better situation while one of their better workers walks out on them.

It is almost NEVER worthwhile to torch them, despite the 5 minutes of amazingness that it brings you.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ignore the shit out of them.
Take your sick days and any personal days, save your vacation.
Get a contract signed with your new company and an official start date.
Give your two weeks politely, and show up every day you're scheduled for the next two weeks.
Document giving your two weeks (give them a written/email copy if you can); if they really are huge pricks, they may try to term you for cause, which means they may not need to pay vacation or anything else.
Walk out of their knowing that they tried to fuck you, and you're getting better situation while one of their better workers walks out on them.

It is almost NEVER worthwhile to torch them, despite the 5 minutes of amazingness that it brings you.

This guy fucks.

• 2Like