Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I am at 1590 almost and unsure what i should be doing - I just did the whole Armen line via purp quest and not sure how to proceed. I guess i could start doin all the islands since my gold is nil thanks to the upgrade game.

1590 means you should be starting to do Akkan, which will provide you gear to reach 1600 and have the following gold earning weekly loop:

1) Voldis
2) Akkan
3) Kayangel

It's preferable to do the raid with a party to generate more gold so it goes quicker however all of the above also have a solo mode available which will provide the same mats but less gold.

In terms of additional gold earning, you want to incorporate the daily Guardian at least on Rested to sell the leaps stones that generates and do the Chaos Gates to sell the unbound shard bags it will generate. It's also a good time to start a tradeskill (Relic hunting is best at this tier) in order to generate Oreha's to sell which will also provide gold to help for the push to 1620. You should also be doing the Challenge Guardian / Abyss weekly, which will provide additional leapstones to sell and the potential of a legendary card selection which can earn quite a bit of gold in the right party; both of these are matchmaked since the gear is equalized in this content.

Islands will not generate any real gold and they're vertical content to be done if you enjoy that stuff. The only exception to this are the PVP islands that will spawn Saturday & Sunday only which have good equipment / gem rewards that can often times be sold.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We have 2 months so achieve and stock up what you can now. Saintone pointed out on KR the other day that only relic engraving books or the T4 ancient jewelry (requires 1680+) have massive prices while standard mats in T4 like shards, reds, blues, etc are all bottom barrel of the economy because the chaos dungeon equivalent drops a respectable amount of them.

Once T4 drops and you hit 1640 adventure islands and everything else convert their card packs to IV so horizontal content will have more meaning then.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Tldr; August update won't include the Echidna nerf but everything else is coming this week.

10 ilvls to go for Aegir hard for me, which should be incredibly easy to get.

1723243094153.png

Anyone have any recent parses of KR in T4? I know Slayers & Berserkers are in a bad spot but looking to plan which alts to prioritize when it comes outside of main/support and since there's going to be a lot of mat funneling want to pick something that is performing well.

Malakriss

Calendar goes to 8/14, old amulets and rest potions timered to 8/21, and they announced 8/28 for stuff before recent changes. This was always going to be a weird release month as they had no idea what the schedule is going to be.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
After the better part of I guess 2 years not playing this shit. They did add a lot of stuff which goes in the right direction of at least respecting your time a little more, but god fucking damn does it feel like aids for new and returning players.

I am gonna see if I can toy around and get to a playable state so I can maybe do content with some of the others but it is still a daunting task and immediately feels not worth the effort. I'll try and complete the power passes and see how I feel at the end and it if's worth wild

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
After the better part of I guess 2 years not playing this shit. They did add a lot of stuff which goes in the right direction of at least respecting your time a little more, but god fucking damn does it feel like aids for new and returning players.

I am gonna see if I can toy around and get to a playable state so I can maybe do content with some of the others but it is still a daunting task and immediately feels not worth the effort. I'll try and complete the power passes and see how I feel at the end and it if's worth wild
You need to spend atleast 500$ minimum to be even remotely relevant on modern content and that's basically just enough to get you to the point where you're getting dragged across the finish line on every raid. You simply do not get anywhere fucking close to enough gold to make any sort of significant progress. They can throw all the mats in the fucking world at you but the honing gold cost is legit horrendous so it makes any free mats irrelevant.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You need to spend atleast 500$ minimum to be even remotely relevant on modern content and that's basically just enough to get you to the point where you're getting dragged across the finish line on every raid. You simply do not get anywhere fucking close to enough gold to make any sort of significant progress. They can throw all the mats in the fucking world at you but the honing gold cost is legit horrendous so it makes any free mats irrelevant.

The game design has always been in a state to severely slow down progression the closer you get to whatever current cap there is and you can throw money at it but there isn’t really any need. No reason to push anything bleeding edge knowing that there is no penalty for being a raid behind.

Not sure where the $500 dollar idea comes into play but the power pass shit they tend to give out regularly usually means to can catch up to see the content. It’s been 2 years since I last played but it really doesn’t seem insurmountable to return, although there is a bit of a slog to get back into the swing. The number of bullshit items, bags, materials, leaps, shards, and whatnot is convoluted bullshit that needs to be streamlined and unfucked but you can get past that.

I am guessing this time around I will just play with the intention of getting to check out the new raid content, and if I get to the point where it’s honing aids and I feel like I am stuck playing keep up just learn to break until new patches come.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Trust me you cannot catch up with just the power pass alone. It's legit impossible because you do not get anywhere near enough gold to afford honing to 1620. You're gonna be stuck below 1620 for a long ass time unless you spend a few hundred dollars on gold. You can ease the amount a little bit if you grind every single possible thing that gets you gold.

Not only that but if you thought older raids were complex the newer ones make them look like tutorial modes. Thaemines normal abilities will 1 shot you if you're only bare bones for entry. Echidna guide on yt is legit 40 mins long. This game is simply not playable for casuals unless you don't care to do the newer raids.

Last edited:

Malakriss

The game design has always been in a state to severely slow down progression the closer you get to whatever current cap there is and you can throw money at it but there isn’t really any need. No reason to push anything bleeding edge knowing that there is no penalty for being a raid behind
Solo mode vendors (blue icon in cities) were added and can help with returning mains/alts depending on your vertical progression for no gold cost. You might start with some Clear Medal currency and you will earn more via raids. You can even obliterate lower level raids past the gold limit for more medals and card chances. Things you can buy WEEKLY on every single character:
10x Valtan/Vykas mats cost 20
20x Brel mats cost 40
10x Kayangel Set Lvl3 mats cost 40
20x Akkan eyes cost 50
200x Brel Leapstones cost 200
100x Akkan Leapstones cost 300
30K Honor shards cost 400
4K Brel reds cost 200
2K Akkan reds cost 300
12K Brel blues cost 200
6K Akkan blues cost 300
+ Honing books

Maharaka Event shop: you will want to get the 5x gold free Legendary Elixir Supply boxes, the 20x fusion material boxes, and the Super honing books for 1600-1620 (give double honing boost and refunds 20% gold cost). If you do hit 1620 those elixirs with the mokoko express ones should get you to 40-set for silver only even if you use that AI calculator some KR peeps made.

Quality taps if you want some free RNG rolls you can buy one-time only boxes from the solo vendor (once for each character you have), plus some weekly purchases via the Maharaka event (headbutting a treasure chest and the giant rubber duck that spawns at the end gets you 4+1 tokens daily)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Solo mode vendors (blue icon in cities) were added and can help with returning mains/alts depending on your vertical progression for no gold cost. You might start with some Clear Medal currency and you will earn more via raids. You can even obliterate lower level raids past the gold limit for more medals and card chances. Things you can buy WEEKLY on every single character:
10x Valtan/Vykas mats cost 20
20x Brel mats cost 40
10x Kayangel Set Lvl3 mats cost 40
20x Akkan eyes cost 50
200x Brel Leapstones cost 200
100x Akkan Leapstones cost 300
30K Honor shards cost 400
4K Brel reds cost 200
2K Akkan reds cost 300
12K Brel blues cost 200
6K Akkan blues cost 300
+ Honing books

Maharaka Event shop: you will want to get the 5x gold free Legendary Elixir Supply boxes, the 20x fusion material boxes, and the Super honing books for 1600-1620 (give double honing boost and refunds 20% gold cost). If you do hit 1620 those elixirs with the mokoko express ones should get you to 40-set for silver only even if you use that AI calculator some KR peeps made.

Quality taps if you want some free RNG rolls you can buy one-time only boxes from the solo vendor (once for each character you have), plus some weekly purchases via the Maharaka event (headbutting a treasure chest and the giant rubber duck that spawns at the end gets you 4+1 tokens daily)

Like this man's post because, as someone who gets asked questions from returning players I'll readily admit that I don't know fuck all about the new/returning player experience and that I scramble to answer questions for someone like Booze and his posts are way more informative / up to date with what people should focus on / know. My reality / roster is very different.

Malakriss

Personally, I buy extra character slots but don't give them another dime past that. So my roster of various classes do benefit from older 1540 and 1580 additions, especially when it requires no gold investment.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Personally, I buy extra character slots but don't give them another dime past that. So my roster of various classes do benefit from older 1540 and 1580 additions, especially when it requires no gold investment.
Ya but Booze isn't looking to make this a job as nobody should be. If he legit only has 1 char, the amount of gold you can make every week is fucking trash. So it's literally either spend like 500$ or have fun waiting months upon months to ever have enough gold to make significant progress.

Malakriss

- [Youtube source] Name resets will occur for characters inactive for over a year and under level 50.
- Two current systems will be updated to provide Bound Gold instead of ‘Tradeable’ Gold; the gold reward chests from Una’s Tokens, along with Solo Mode Raids.
(Solos are 100% bound gold, Normal and Hard has no change)
- Players can fill up 50 points on the Purification Meter for each Chaos Dungeon run, with max rewards earned at 300 points (6 runs in a week). Rest Bonus will not affect the Purification Points.
- The Maharaka Festival will continue with the ‘Set Sail, Mokokos! Pirate!’ mini-game, exclusive event shop, and a new daily quest.
z024zdj6hgid1.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I guess bound gold is used up first before unbound gold? Only difference is you can't buy AH shit or Blue gems with bound gold? Or what is the limitation on this shit?

Malakriss

So I guess bound gold is used up first before unbound gold? Only difference is you can't buy AH shit or Blue gems with bound gold? Or what is the limitation on this shit?
Any progression system for your own character works with bound gold. CN had to do some changes and restrictions with stronghold crafting (and fixing exploits where people set a craft with bound gold, cancelled, and got unbound returned). Solo players that self-crafted their own fusion mats will be the most affected as they will have to sell life mats raw and buy completed fusion off the AH with the proceeds.

Engraving books, gems, fusion mats, AH skins and blue crystals are 99% of what people would need unbound gold for.

Malakriss

This is a lie and not Roster bound, they will give you more chests / event tokens at higher item levels though. 120 tokens at i1620 and 60 tokens at i1540

LA_weekly_chest_purif.jpg

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Got unlazy and finally finished my demon damage today with my last Thaemine card:

1723776987020.png

Down to needing to advance hone chest/legs before T4 is released and then I'm going to shift focus to saving up as much gold as possible. T4 is such a huge potential to make gold off the whales in massive quantities and pretty satisfied with my roster for it, just wish we had a bit more time.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Having a go at this again. Not sure when the solo raid thing was added, but that's a nice addition for us casual scrubs. That Arkesia Tour thing is handy for squirrel chasing motherfuckers like myself too.

Still have 20k gold, I'm guessing that will still disappear with a handful of hones?

I'm just here to burn a couple weeks until I get tired of the daily grind again.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Having a go at this again. Not sure when the solo raid thing was added, but that's a nice addition for us casual scrubs. That Arkesia Tour thing is handy for squirrel chasing motherfuckers like myself too.

Still have 20k gold, I'm guessing that will still disappear with a handful of hones?

I'm just here to burn a couple weeks until I get tired of the daily grind again.

I feel ya, I am also picking this back up after pretty much a 2 year break from the game. They really need to streamline a lot of shit and items this was something I remember when I gave the game a go the first time around but the same could be said for most MMOs these days.

So far the idea of the solo raids and learning sounds cool. At least there is much more to do weekly than there was at start. For it being an actual free to play game it certainly offers more than most. I don't know it will keep my interest long term or if it even needs to. This might be a game to play off and on for a month or so here and there and when they release updates log in for the free rewards loot packages, new characters, and raid and play for a month or so 3-4 times a year.

• 1Like