Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Having a go at this again. Not sure when the solo raid thing was added, but that's a nice addition for us casual scrubs. That Arkesia Tour thing is handy for squirrel chasing motherfuckers like myself too.

Still have 20k gold, I'm guessing that will still disappear with a handful of hones?

I'm just here to burn a couple weeks until I get tired of the daily grind again.

20k gold in combination with the express pass, provided your luck isn't absolute garbage and you use event books/mats will get you to about ~1580 but it's certainly not very much nor will it last you, especially when compared to our resident returning millionaire BoozeCube BoozeCube .

Just a note: feel free to hop into Discord and ask questions. The game does a shit job at helping returning players and the ten million systems that it has will feel overwhelming for anyone but we can answer/help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
20k gold in combination with the express pass, provided your luck isn't absolute garbage and you use event books/mats will get you to about ~1580 but it's certainly not very much nor will it last you, especially when compared to our resident returning millionaire BoozeCube BoozeCube .

Just a note: feel free to hop into Discord and ask questions. The game does a shit job at helping returning players and the ten million systems that it has will feel overwhelming for anyone but we can answer/help.
Not actually worried about honing, I kinda treat this game like PoE now, mess around, have a little fun, hit a wall, quit & play next "season" when all the freebies get thrown out again.

Every time I actually invest in the game I just get a little further ahead and quit anyway, so trying to just skip that part and stretch out the fun & casual shit.

Not gonna lie, I'm desperately trying to distract myself from WoW. The urge to jump in on that expansion at start is real strong, with the complete lack of anything remotely MMO that I want to play. Been clean almost 4 years, gotta hold on lol.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Other day I came back and had 20k.

I gained some quality on gear and 5 Ilvls.

Sad Kid GIF

Fuck my luck sucks lol

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Other day I came back and had 20k.

I gained some quality on gear and 5 Ilvls.

Sad Kid GIF

Fuck my luck sucks lol

Booze came back and tapped his alts weapon higher than I have on Vold and is like 1610 running Thaemine. I recommend doing whatever the fuck black magic he's doing.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This game is in a weird spot honestly… it’s considered and MMORPG but really it’s better seen as an MMOARPG.

The good and it’s been this way from the beginning is

The gameplay is smooth and reactive. It’s honestly a great ARPG feel this is what PoE or Diablo 4 should feel like to play. Shit is responsive, all the abilities feel good to use and the class diversity is one of the best in the industry.

8/10 - The raids in this game are also pretty fun, a little to much on the pass/fail gayness checks but once you learn the patterns nothing feels to punishing unfair. - the frustration comes from the trial and error bullshit playing guessing games to figure out some slant eyes zero explanation gameplay, but given the cadence per raid is months upon months of reclears this can be forgiven.

6/10 - Upgrading your gear feels meaningful and you can notice the power advance of your character as it moves up. None of this retarded faggot shit like WoW where you get weaker as you level some scaling retardation. But goddamn would it be nice to actually have drops to gear up instead of RNG honing and systems on top of systems.

There is plenty of shit to do collect, experience, and fuck around with in this game for free that it can keep you busy for hours more than a lot of current games will.

The bad is the questing system sucks complete and total fucking ass. Questing in this game is boring as fuck. The story in this game is told in a worthless awful way. All of the different currencies and systems on systems in this game blow fucking turbo cock.

If they streamlined a lot of the bullshit in this game which they have done some since launch and really only milked the very top for pay to win then they would have a top notch game.

What’s amazing is they probably making a fucking killing in this game selling cosmetics and Barbie doll dress up. If Blizzard wasn’t fucking stupid Diablo 4 would be selling actual skins like this in their games.

Anyways with the solo mode raiding and power passes to get into the thick of shit on at least one character it would be nice to see this game get a resurgence. I doubt it will happen with how badly Amazon fucked the pooch on release. We had a 6 month window of no real raids when they had a pretty sizable bit of content they kept locked away and had us riding around on boats fucking around with islands and other meaningless shit.

If I could take the class design, combat, and visuals of this game. Add it with a real questing system and a story that wasn’t trash and streamlined and improved the loot, give people more reasons to group and play together you’d have one of the best MMOs on the market.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
6/10 - Upgrading your gear feels meaningful and you can notice the power advance of your character as it moves up. None of this retarded faggot shit like WoW where you get weaker as you level some scaling retardation. But goddamn would it be nice to actually have drops to gear up instead of RNG honing and systems on top of systems.

Gonna have to call you on this. Even as the resident fanboy of this game, 6/10 for the upgrade system & RNG is retarded. The upgrade system in this game is a -100/10.

To the rest of your post: there's just so much bad press and misinformation based on people who haven't played in over a year that the game will never have a resurgence, which is a shame because, to your point, there's so much good in this game (especially combat wise) that people are really missing out by not playing it.

I'll also say that every single person whose played this game should continue to use a Power Pass every time they release one (there's one live right now & another likely coming in September). You can build a high roster with very little effort doing it this way and those that don't log in for a few hours to boost a character when there's one active are really missing out.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Going from a new gear set at +12 to +15 is reasonable, but +16 to +19 it becomes a slog and an ever increasing gold sink. Your progress feels entirely luck based because it literally is while +20 and higher is brutal tediousness. Quality needs at least some kind of +1 pity but at least they put in free taps while Concentrated Leapstones (special honing) has the same problem as quality and should have always raised artisan at a minimum.

After a week of solo raids with bound gold i will say it's a meaningful system if you don't have static groups and/or don't want to bother with PF on alts. 5800g Akkan + 7200g Voldis for an acceptable amount of time. Slap Vykas and Brel around on 10 characters if you had crap drop rates like me (I still need 7 legion commander cards to finish KLC). They also made cube health scaling much more friendly (saving most of mine for 60-70 leveling) but they haven't addressed guardians at lower levels at all, plus i think the free battle mats for solo stop at bird / turtle back at 1460.

Some horizontal is still absurd like Yearning, Primal island is dead, and 4 shipwreck sea bounties almost no one has. World leafs are still individual small ass % instead of smart dropping ones you don't have yet and i completely didn't notice they added 10-16 for Music box, I could use that selector. Don't know why they tied Kurzan field boss to Echidna that's another Brel mistake, Elgacia legendary drops are still ungodly rare, and I have 1400/1403 mokoko seeds because i'm never going to bother with dumb "attack this for hours" ones. Card XP still trumps all of that given how much we'll need in T4 (20 leg, 12 epic, 6 rare, 2 uncommon or 12.5M). Looks like Vold is 5M raw xp ahead of me once i get the commanders collected.

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Just a note for anyone interested in picking this up:

There is a power pass that will get you to ~1600 with relative ease. We've seen 1-2 returning folks lately and are pushing them through the raids and answering questions. It's worth the price (free) to mess around a bit.

Malakriss

Certainly cheaper to use those outfits, would be funny if they handed out a mascot set that was legendary and gave +2.00%.

S3 Yoz Jar skins are going to be expensive as hell and blue crystal prices are already climbing to 4K on NAE.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
KR livestream summary:

- Hyper Awakening is coming to KR on Wednesday which includes the new awakenings & skill. Hyper awakenings will be useable once per raid and are not subject to buffs / synergy from your party.
- Trixion will now allow for Ark Passives / gems to be added for testing builds.
- Pet talents being added for stronghold (e.g. 1% chance at critical Oreha's).
- North Kurzan Rapport being added
- New hyper awakening path (1600-1620) which includes providing a gimped 40 set elixir and Transcendence up to tier 3.
- Removal of epic elixirs. Legendary only, including for normal/solo clears.
- Removal of hard requirements to unlock higher transcendence
- Echidna nerf however 1640 requirement to do hard mode. Hard mode will however also drop T4 mats.
- New PVP mode (1v1 - 3 characters from your roster).
- Brelshaza new raid (1670 normal / 1690 hard) - 2 gates. Aegir was the easy raid, Brelshaza will be incredibly hard; director warns that this will be more like Thaemine in terms of difficulty.
- T4 bracelet comes with Brelshaza
- New system 'Karma' unlocked with Brelshaza.

New showcase of hyper awakening / hyper skills of all classes. See them below (they're awesome looking):

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Vold assured me you loved the faggot furry skins they were your favorites.

I apparently had boxed and boxed of 2 years worth of faggot retard shit I finally opened. It was a waste of time and energy.
You know you can disable their visuals and still get the bonuses right? You don't have to actually look like a douchey faggot furry.

Malakriss

TL;DR Behemoth earlier, T4 delayed 2 weeks, Aegir super fast

Team Update - Roadmap Adjustment

Earlier this month we shared a first look at our upcoming roadmap and plans to release the next evolution of Lost Ark in the shape of Tier 4, along with new raids and many other key updates. Today, we have a few key updates to that plan. From thousands of lines of text in our supported languages to the accompanying voice lines, there’s a lot that goes into preparing major updates for their release into Arkesia’s Western shores. We’ve hit a small delay in our localization timeline, but we’re excited to share an update to the plan that we built in collaboration with Smilegate RPG during our recent trip to Korea, which factors in player feedback we’ve seen since announcing the roadmap.
If you’ve been playing recently, you probably noticed that the Super Mokoko Express (and other key events) are set to draw to a close on September 25, and likely had a suspicion that was the planned release date for Tier 4. You would’ve been correct, and we’re going to use that date as a reference point for the updated plan. With that context, let’s take a look at the updated plan for September and October.

September Update​

Behemoth Raid - September 11​

With a limited pool of revives available, prepare for mayhem as you attempt to fell the enormous dragon and earn Gold, honing materials, and Weapon Transcendence materials. We will release the 16-player Behemoth raid earlier than planned (in Tier 3) and reduce the Item Level requirement to 1620, allowing you to get a head start on the characters you plan on bringing to Tier 4. Behemoth will drop Tier 3 honing materials upon its release.
Releasing Behemoth in Tier 3 will allow players additional time to work on Weapon Transcendence and have a new challenge to undertake before the vast amount of new experiences arriving in Tier 4. Additionally, when Tier 4 drops, players will be able to focus on completing North Kurzan and familiarizing themselves with the massive amount of new content, which we think will be a better overall experience for the Lost Ark community.
Along with Behemoth, Arktoberfest will return and grant you with important progression materials items such as Oreha Fusion materials, Transcendence Restoration tickets, and Elixirs (potent), along with a few seasonal themed items. Arktoberfest Event Coins will be earnable through normal daily activities— so we hope this event continues to help you prepare for Tier 4 without requiring additional steps.

October Updates​

October will feature two updates, planned to release two weeks apart. The current progression events will be updated to end with the release of the first update on October 9, instead of the current September 25 date.

Tier 4 Release - October 9​

Tier 4’s release will be delayed by two weeks to ensure our localization teams are able to fully translate the new stories and systems in all of our supported languages. While we know that the two-week delay will be disappointing for those already prepared to experience new adventures in Tier 4, we hope that having additional time battling Behemoth to earn Weapon Transcendence materials, two extra weeks of Gold income, and additional time to complete the progression events will help the majority of players feel better prepared for their journey into Tier 4.
Apart from Behemoth, everything announced for the September Update will now release on October 9.
We’ve also decided to rename “Express Servers” to Ignite Servers to avoid confusion with Super Mokoko Express passes, which will continue to be a recurring system in Lost Ark. Our goal with these servers are to ignite the spark of new players and give them the tools needed to join the fight against Kazeros quickly. We are preparing a new system on ignite servers that will make it easier for players to get familiar with the game and efficiently grow in power, before moving their character off ignite and into a legacy server. This system will be brand new to Lost Ark and first introduced in the NA/EU version of the game before anywhere else. Heading toward the release of Ignite Servers we’ll share more information on the events and user experience— we’re still working to ensure that these servers include everything a new or returning player will need to prepare for battle, and the specifics may change.

Aegir Raid - October 16​

Aegir will be the next Kazeros Raid, releasing a week after Tier 4. This 2-gate Raid will require players to face off against dangerous threats, with Akkan returning for a fight in the first Gate, and Aegir appearing as your foe in the second Gate. The Aegir Raid will reward players Tier 4 Ancient Gear, which can be honed further than Relic gear to help activate the Ark Passive system.
We will be monitoring player progression as we approach October, and may release Aegir on October 23 depending on the progression status of end-game players. We know that this date is important to many of you, and will share a confirmation ahead of time.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Releasing Tier 4 & Aegir so close together is a mistake imo. I'm fine with the delay for T4 but this gives nowhere near enough time for people to be Aegir ready in T4. Behemoth & Aegir are both supposed to be easy raids which they need after Thaemine ---) Echidna but they're going to repeat the Echidna debacle all over again with this cadence. Aegir was an easy raid for KR because they had a lot longer to hone as well as have mats/gold prepared compared to NA. Can we please get whoever is in charge of China to handle our version?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Maybe I was reading some of the shit wrong but they were saying they are basically planning on making everything cheaper and easier again. So pretty much there is zero point to do alot of the shit now is that correct?

Also sounds like they new player servers they are planning on making will have a metric assload turbo buff to get people into the actual game.. If so it might be worth it. I dont know how much is speculation and how much is actually gonna be followed through on.