Lost Ark Online

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I was reading some of the shit wrong but they were saying they are basically planning on making everything cheaper and easier again. So pretty much there is zero point to do alot of the shit now is that correct?

Also sounds like they new player servers they are planning on making will have a metric assload turbo buff to get people into the actual game.. If so it might be worth it. I dont know how much is speculation and how much is actually gonna be followed through on.
Essentially they are doing away with HM locks on progression. Way, way back when KR first got Akkan they were surprised that HM required 1600 and most were stuck doing normal, but then they complained that hard mode was only more mats because they had already crafted their gear from normals. Devs actually listened to them for some reason by making Voldis, Thaemine, and Echidna lock out their progression systems halfway unless you did HM.

This was not popular, they apologized and are now doing away with them + promise not to do it in the future. Elixirs will all be legendary, transcendence will not require HM to do Levels 4-7, and advanced honing will let you do 1-20 instead of 1-10. Hardcore raiders still have the option to overhone and be HM ready for new raids and progress faster.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Essentially they are doing away with HM locks on progression. Way, way back when KR first got Akkan they were surprised that HM required 1600 and most were stuck doing normal, but then they complained that hard mode was only more mats because they had already crafted their gear from normals. Devs actually listened to them for some reason by making Voldis, Thaemine, and Echidna lock out their progression systems halfway unless you did HM.

This was not popular, they apologized and are now doing away with them + promise not to do it in the future. Elixirs will all be legendary, transcendence will not require HM to do Levels 4-7, and advanced honing will let you do 1-20 instead of 1-10. Hardcore raiders still have the option to overhone and be HM ready for new raids and progress faster.

Too many systems all gay...

I wish the gearing mini games were removed and the actual game was just killing bosses. Gear honing it one thing.. gaybo turbo aids added ontop should never be a thing.

Again I say that from the perspective of a returning player. I am sure all the American Inventor fags who have played for 2 years nonstop love the gate keeping shit and the feeling of looking down on others.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
It's a pretty safe bet that we're going to get the Hyper Awakening Power Pass that KR will be getting in October which will effectively ensure that everyone who has a 1600+ character (which is everyone) will be able to get to 1620 at almost no cost and thus access T4. This will instantly boost you to 1640.

Your characters gold earning at 1640 will be massive, specifically:

1) Thaemine hard 20k (41k if you do G4)
2) Echidna hard 18.5k
3) Behemoth 21k

That's basically 60k gold per character that you're making on a weekly basis. The pass also gives you a free 40 set and some transcendence, which effectively means the only systems you need to interact with will be finishing transcendence and advanced honing. Advanced honing is a system that everyone loves because it's very little RNG and extremely effective. The gold earning you'll be making on that character alone is sufficient to complete everything and thus push your character to 1660 within 2-3 weeks.

What that means if you're not keeping track is that anyone who wanted to make a character right now and play a few hours a week to get to 1600 (this is legitimately not an exaggeration, Booze is 1610 after two weeks of returning) will then be able to use the next pass and effectively have a character with all systems completed and be raiding the normal version of the newest raid practically on release. This is without spending a penny on the game, playing casually, and not really worrying about much.

...I'm not sure what the fuck else they can possibly do to make it easier for a returning player to 'catch up' with little effort. Put in another way, here are the hours (yes, like all MMOs there's probably a majority of AFK time) of playtime I have:

1724539451654.png

My character has logged in almost every day since release. I have pushed my ilvl to the 0.01% of people:

1724539534429.png

A casual player will be able to hit 1660 following the path above in two digit hours played. Seems pretty friendly to me.

Edit: realized after re-reading that a warning that I'm talking strictly ilvl catch up. They obviously can make it easier by putting an intern into reducing the 10000 pop up's that people get when they log in and actually explaining shit in solo raids, etc.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the 11000 hours and relentless dedication you've displayed was a big waste of time because the new wow expansion came out and all your raid gear is worse than the first zone green drops?

Lol

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So the 11000 hours and relentless dedication you've displayed was a big waste of time because the new wow expansion came out and all your raid gear is worse than the first zone green drops?

Lol

Correct, if you play MMORPGs with the belief that the time you're spending will somehow maintain the value across new tiers of content / expansions you're also an idiot who hasn't played an MMORPG outside of Everquest. This has been taking place for almost two decades and doesn't bother me in the slightest as it's a staple of the genre and I fully expect it. I'll also note as something of a shocker that all video games can be categorized as a 'waste of time' based upon that logic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Express characters filling out roster alts is worth more in Lost Ark than other MMOs but they aren't handing out full sets of T4 level 7 gems, 6% book bonuses, purple Quality rolls, 9/6 ability stones, and 2% legendary skins. We'll see if they bump up the legendary engravings amount but there is still a raw gold value in character power that always carries forward and roster-wide boosts still require time investment.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Does this game still require you to have 47 fucking retarded alts so you don't get turbo fucked on gold? I fucking hated having to play 10 different characters just to keep up with honing costs.

Does the game still require you to find some unicorn dicks on the 3rd Sunday of every other month, at 6:42:39am, while the sun is at solar maximum, Venus aligns directly with Mercury, and Mars is in retrograde?

If they removed those two aspects of this fucking weeb shit game, I'd definitely considering giving it another shot.

• 1Worf
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Does this game still require you to have 47 fucking retarded alts so you don't get turbo fucked on gold? I fucking hated having to play 10 different characters just to keep up with honing costs.

Does the game still require you to find some unicorn dicks on the 3rd Sunday of every other month, at 6:42:39am, while the sun is at solar maximum, Venus aligns directly with Mercury, and Mars is in retrograde?

If they removed those two aspects of this fucking weeb shit game, I'd definitely considering giving it another shot.
Take my word for it and don't bother with this game. It is hot fucking garbage unless you want to either pay a lot of money or play it like its a full time job that you don't get paid for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider

I’ve played for a bit more than a year now and my chars are 1640/1620/1620, I do 9 fun raids a week + 3 sets chaos dungeon a week per char (60m~ a week maybe), play maybe 8-12h a week, really enjoy it. Never bothered with any of the timed island shit because it looks awful, sometimes I do chaos gate or field boss if I’m about though.

downside: I am $800~ in 14 months in. Don’t think I’d do anything differently if I could do the year over though, LA is the most fun I’ve had since TERA.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

As someone coming back to this game after a 2 year hiatus. Does it require it? No, it seems like you get enough shit to keep a character or 2 moving, but yes it still greatly helps to have faggot rando dorks to do wizard chores and bullshit.

No you can completely skip that retarded American Inventorly dogshit. Seems like they realized it was a bag of pickled dog ass. Don't have to do faggot gaybo ships, or suck cock on random island 34 on every other Sunday for a spirit gem of Folders cum guzzle. I mean you can still do it if you wanted but why. No reason to every do it.

Speaking back of the wizard chore American Inventor shit retardation. The chink cocksuckers still prod you to log in once a day for gimmedats and handouts like a universal basic income of commie welfare but you don't have to do that shit either. The freebie stuff they seem to be handing out with these express events is enough to at least enough a couple weeks at a time on patch. There is no goddamn reason to follow in Voldeth Voldeth s footsteps and play 748943243 hours though.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Alts are (and have almost always been) a cost rather than a boon from a gold generation standpoint. You earn gold off 6 characters on your roster which you designate however the cost of honing traditionally means that it takes months / years of raiding on the character in order to earn back the gold cost it was for honing. The only exception to this is using a power pass to reduce the cost of raising the character, which is really the only time you should be boosting alts. You are thinking about a period of time in Lost Ark (~1 - 1.5 years ago) where streamers pushed a certain mentality of maintaining a full roster to maximize gold generation, which people bought into without actually doing the math. In has always been viable (and more efficient) to focus on a single character. The only downside to this is that you will run out of content rapidly with a one character roster resulting in not having much to do in the game beyond the horizontal shit. I don't know many people at the top end (apart from me) who maintains 6 characters -- most people I know traditionally stick to a roster of 1-3 characters that they are actively progressing.

As it relates to the rest, the game implemented an express for any player which grants them access to everything that provides character power/growth for free and does not require you to do any of that anymore. The only exception to this is perhaps 1-2 runes, which provide you a better version of a rune that they already give you (e.g. you get access to the purple purify rune for free which grants a 70% chance to remove a debuff on skill use however you can grind the retarded shit for the legendary version which provides you an 80% chance instead). There are other things (field bosses, chaos gates, pvp islands) which are on timers however this has mostly been streamlined and grouped up so that you really don't feel any pressure if you miss them or simply don't do them.

In spite all of the above, it's still an Asian MMO. Maximum efficiency requires you to log in every day to claim your logins and do your chores. To bypass this, you can also spend some money. This is their business model. With that being said, for perhaps the 5000th time in this thread, it is entirely possible to level a single character on a power pass and have that character by viable for raid releases as they come out for the normal version of the raids. Your single character will also be perfectly able to clear the raids however you will not be as powerful as someone who is logging in every day and playing the game like a job (or spending money to substitute time) as they will be generating far more resources than you.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Raid nerfs and you no longer need Trusted status for powerpasses.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Raid nerfs and you no longer need Trusted status for powerpasses.

Good changes all around. They're pushing the preparation for jump start servers quite a bit which won't work out imo but we'll see.

Malakriss

Be advised that the honing book boxes from this month's calendar expire 9/25 however the Superbooks you claim from them will last til 10/23 so don't leave them in box form. A shame that the selection packs from that Path are LOS/LWC only, need 4x KLC still.

At 4:15 the values he shows from honing weapon +15 to +16

966g instead of 1610g
8x fusion instead of 12
14x leapstones instead of 22
8% honing base instead of 4%

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Be advised that the honing book boxes from this month's calendar expire 9/25 however the Superbooks you claim from them will last til 10/23 so don't leave them in box form. A shame that the selection packs from that Path are LOS/LWC only, need 4x KLC still.

At 4:15 the values he shows from honing weapon +15 to +16

966g instead of 1610g
8x fusion instead of 12
14x leapstones instead of 22
8% honing base instead of 4%
Isn't klc basically useless now?