Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
#25 starts in 30 minutes!
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
Damn it, I wish I knew about this sooner. I'm new to most of this. May try to throw together something, but I started work on my own project and am picking up speed, may just keep focused on that while I'm inspired
redface.png

redface.png

redface.png

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
I think I'm done. ~13 hours, non consecutive.

rrr_img_3194.png

You play the role of a villain who has to take damsels from the back of his van, cross busy highways, and place the damsels on the train tracks, to be hit by oncoming trains.

Avoid being hit by the train or cars. Pick up damsels from your white van, and carry them to the train track to deposit them for their untimely demise.

Instructions:
W = Move Up
S = Move Down
A = Move Left
D = Move Right
Spacebar = Pick up/Drop Damsels

Webplayer (need to download and extract, it's smaller than the standalone)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsvn8d466h...-webplayer.rar

Standalone
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5nmdw4tca...standalone.rar

Ludum Dare Page

rrr_img_3194.png

rrr_img_3194.png

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Just got to keep with it. If you find yourself having bitten off too much, just trim some ideas.

On a similar vein, I'm amazed people try doing something in 3D. 48 hrs just seems too short to pull it together.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
It crashes on me at the moment. I would've sworn I had .Net 4.0 and XNA redistributes already installed. I'll have to try again later when I've got time to install them.

But either way, kudos for finishing and props for, frankly, the balls to go with 3D and XNA.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I'm terrible with 2D so all my entries have been 3D. It always takes a long time to build levels, and make characters / enemies, but the code side is usually quick. My timelapse is up now.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
I finally got a chance to sit down and install the redistributes. Nice job on completing it, and how you managed to work the goats in.
smile.png
Quite impressive for 48 hrs imo.

I did get annoyed with the "no click through text" part though!

smile.png

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Ok I just played this for almost an hour haha, very fun. I'm in oklahoma too so quite relevant.

Hilariously, what got me to stop was the weather knocking out the power / internet.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Thanks for trying it man! I wish the graphics were better, but with only 72 hours, it's so hard to gauge early on how it'll go.

It's been pretty windy here in the Dallas area the last few days too, and the main reason how I came to the premise. This will be my first spring/summer in the area, so I have yet to see any real tornadoes. But hopefully I never see them too up close.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So, two things: There's a game-a-month challenge going and I signed up. And I've utterly failed so far, missing the january and feb games. And secondly I've developed a makeshift motion capture setup because I suck at animating (though so far the mocap isn't much better).

Bloggery on it:http://kharza.wordpress.com/2013/03/03/kinect-mocap/

If anyone wants to mess around with the code lemme know and I'll zip it and stick it on a dropbox or something.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
That's cool stuff! You mention you have a small area where it seems to work, have you thought about trying two (or more) cameras? I'm not familiar with the process, but a similar software a friend and I were checking out a while ago can use one camera for an approx. 2m x 2m (~6.5 ft^2) area while multiple cameras gives as large as 4m x 4m (~13 ft^2). We never ended up trying it as the project manager didn't want to risk the time.

http://www.ipisoft.com/if you want to check it out.

Are you planning to stick with XNA for the long term? My understanding is that it's been put to bed at MS. Which I'm not quite sure why, since it seemed to have a pretty healthy community and a number of decent/successful games made with it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
My understanding is that it's been put to bed at MS. Which I'm not quite sure why, since it seemed to have a pretty healthy community and a number of decent/successful games made with it.
That sounds about likely for why it's being put to bed. MS doesn't foster success in others all that often unless they're in a position to swoop in and buy them up.