Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

spronk

FPS noob
Let's do a mad max movie with only women, who keep 1 man around per encampment to fix toilets, kill rats, and to milk for sperm. Instead of guns, the groups of women come together and discuss their problems over long 3 day extended debate sessions using parliamentary rules. The hook of the movie will be when one women decides she would rather be a man and she starts murdering children and women, like all men do, and the other women must band together and non violently explore solutions to the chaos caused by their former sister.

I call it Mad Max And the Matriarchy Society that Evolved When Max Dies In the Beginning

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Funnily enough I just watched this yesterday, and here is an unpopular opinion - its a turd. I can't say I ever quote Shakespeare but while watching it I remembered the linesfull of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Funnily enough I just watched this yesterday, and here is an unpopular opinion - its a turd. I can't say I ever quote Shakespeare but while watching it I remembered the linesfull of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What do you like and what happened to you in your formative years that ruined you forever?

spronk

FPS noob
blah blah.gif

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The stuff about him not doing more Mad Max is not true, he was misquoted
George Miller Not Done With Mad Max After All | Comicbook.com
?That was a completely garbled interview. I was in New York and it was so noisy and the journalist was asking me questions on a red carpet at the National Board of Review,? he said. ?She completely got the wrong fragments of information that were just not true. I said no, [another Mad Max movie] will not be next, and she took that to mean I never wanted to make another Mad Max. It won?t necessarily be next, but I have two more stories.?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Just watched this, I dunno if I love it or hate it.

Maybe the fourth time I watch it, ill know. Lol

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Witness!

I really hope it wins and gets more exposure. I really dread the sequels getting fucked over, even though it made a fair amount of money.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Another Australian Cinema masterpiece (The Proposition)
Loved the Proposition... Wolk Creek came out the same year, it was probably the only year I've ever gone to the cinema more than once to see Australian films. They were both marvelous!

And yeah Fury Road best picture/director for sure, no contest.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Would be sweet if it won and got some rerelease time in theaters, missed it on the big screen.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Might actually be worth watching the awards show since they'll be blaring that Junkie XL soundtrack whenever some Key Grip comes up to receive his oscar.

They might even have warboys in the dance medley.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Might actually be worth watching the awards show since they'll be blaring that Junkie XL soundtrack whenever some Key Grip comes up to receive his oscar.

They might even have warboys in the dance medley.
There is no justice unless doof wins an Oscar for something, even if they have to create a category for him.
Nice to see awesome movies getting recognition at oscars. Not that bird man wasn't a good movie,
It was interesting, but not something I've seen 5 times and yell at the screen to

Siliconemelons

I think George Miller should just sit at the Oscars and every time someone wins he should just nod, golf clap and say "Mediocre!" - the camera will undoubtedly get him at least once and create a great internet meme.

If he wins all he and his posse' should just go up to the mic, bust out silver spray and shout WITNESS! and walk off.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think George Miller should just sit at the Oscars and every time someone wins he should just nod, gold clap and say "Mediocre!" - the camera will undouble get him at least once and create a great internet meme.

If he wins all he and his posse' should just go up to the mic, bust out silver spray and shout WITNESS! and walk off.
That would be awesome. Unfortunately, movies like Fury Road rarely win oscars, but I think it would be great for the industry if this did win best picture and best director. It would be proof that you don't need to make a green screen/CGI shit fest in order to make a good modern movie. I saw this in the theater, and have watched it on HBO the past week at least three more times. It was easily the best movie of the year. Even if it doesn't win, it's great that it was nominated for best picture, and Miller for best director. WITNESS ME!