Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, how fucking dare he speak the truth, despite how harsh it may be to accept!

As far as dating sites go, you seriously need to be on all of them. Don't limit your options to the "tasteful" ones. There are weirdos and shitty people on them all, just as in real life, but if you broaden your options, you make it easier to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Get out there, date, and enjoy the new experiences for what they are. Each one will teach you something new about people and yourself.

That post was 90% asshattery and totally unnecessary and you know it, despite some of the underlining truth.

Hey Kirun why don't you get off your fat ass and lose some weight cause if you don't have diabetes already your definitely headed towards it. Just busting the truth on your forehead cause I care Kirun and want you around and healthy for as long as possible.
See what I did there?

MrsG:
Despite all that their suggestions are totally valid and exactly what I would have suggested. Try to meet guys through local hobbies and activities. You shouldn't limit yourself on the dating sites Kirun is right the sleaziness/tastefulness of all of them is marketing bullshit. OkCupid (my favorite), Plenty of Fish, Match.com, Badoo.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Trollface might be harsh, but he is mostly correct. And it also applies to men who are not rich or built like athletes at that age. The dating scene is a lot different now than when people in our general age got into the game, also. The good news is that the bullshit hoops are way down, especially if you are just looking to get laid. Trying to get a relationship going is another story.

But, relying on friends is a mistake because they are not only protecting you, but probably subconsciously looking out for what they believe MrG's interests to be. You are going to have to go hit up some sort of hobby/activity and do your own hunting (or roll the dice on the internet, which I would personally be adverse to) if you want something more than just the cock carousel.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
That post was 90% asshattery and totally unnecessary and you know it, despite some of the underlining truth.

Hey Kirun why don't you get off your fat ass and lose some weight cause if you don't have diabetes already your definitely headed towards it. Just busting the truth on your forehead cause I care Kirun and want you around and healthy for as long as possible.
See what I did there?

MrsG:
Despite all that their suggestions are totally valid and exactly what I would have suggested. Try to meet guys through local hobbies and activities. You shouldn't limit yourself on the dating sites Kirun is right the sleaziness/tastefulness of all of them is marketing bullshit. OkCupid (my favorite), Plenty of Fish, Match.com, Badoo.
There is no asshatry.

Mrs.G came into this forum with news of how many suitors she had or something, getting stacked by some dudes despite saying "no" or whatever.

Y'all applauded her "game" or whatever.

I have no doubt she has game but we are talking about someone to "date" and get real. Shit is hard for women in 50s. At 60s, you'd best be looking for retirees.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Got sick (fever) at valentines dinner. $186 for 4 bites...fuck my life.
Wife was very good, let us leave early gave me a special bath when we got home.

The best part was "maybe we should not do cards anymore $10 seems like such a rip off"
Politically i could never bring that up...but she did so now the deals done. Cards off the table other than birthdays !

Nester

Vyemm Raider
no i got a 3.96 one, but i had a 9.99 one in my hand, no singing, just folding. Keep in mind i am Canadian so 9.99 is 7.64 usd right now.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
OK, friends and family are not coming through for me in re meeting men. Sometimes it is because the single ones they know...and I quote, "Aren't good enough." (I say...let me decide that, but they are overly protective.)
Considering dating sites...don't really want trashy ones but also not the morally superior bullshit sites either.
Yes, I know there is a thread in re this, but it doesn't quite fit the needs of this okie dokie 51 year old woman.
I want some new first dates.
Tinder was after my time, but that seems promising. A horny as fuck, fit 51 year old should be able to run through a forest of dicks I would think. When it's time to get serious, christian mingle it up. Wait until date 3 for buttstuff with those prudes, and the 5th before you reveal yourself as a closet satanist. By then they will be all in.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There is no asshatry.

Mrs.G came into this forum with news of how many suitors she had or something, getting stacked by some dudes despite saying "no" or whatever.

Y'all applauded her "game" or whatever.

I have no doubt she has game but we are talking about someone to "date" and get real. Shit is hard for women in 50s. At 60s, you'd best be looking for retirees.
I know we're all dudes here but you ever heard of tact?

You're talking to a woman who lost her husband like she's some moron or something. Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Take a cue from thumpers book bro.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, how fucking dare he speak the truth, despite how harsh it may be to accept!

Trollface might be harsh, but he is mostly correct.

Nobody said he wasn't being truthful. He's just being a douchebag about it. Do you think anyone in this thread, Mrs G included, needs Trollface or you two to tell them at 50+ it's very hard to find a good mate?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I just don't get the guys going for much younger women. Going back to my wife's hypothetical "what if", if I was ever looking again I can't imagine dealing with younger women (I'm bearing down on 47). Give me someone who knows what she wants and spare me the bullshit.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I've never seen the appeal of younger women myself.

Beyond the obvious. But I mean.. God invented strippers for a reason.

If I wanted a puppy that I could fuck...

Also, as a woman I assume that dating sites will be fish in a barrel. You'll probably get a lot fewer of they "hey gurl, u wan sum fuk?" if you list your age at 48. Most of these sites have an option to filter by age. I expect as you hit the 45+ range you're getting more sincere views.

If you're 51, no man expects you to say that. I dunno, there's nothing wrong with being 51. But it's one of those stupid things.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I just don't get the guys going for much younger women. Going back to my wife's hypothetical "what if", if I was ever looking again I can't imagine dealing with younger women (I'm bearing down on 47). Give me someone who knows what she wants and spare me the bullshit.

Young people are inexperienced willing to please and impressionable.

Easy to get what you want out of them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Physically, I completely get wanting to bang 20 year olds. It's everything else about them that doesn't work for me.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
OK, friends and family are not coming through for me in re meeting men. Sometimes it is because the single ones they know...and I quote, "Aren't good enough." (I say...let me decide that, but they are overly protective.)
Considering dating sites...don't really want trashy ones but also not the morally superior bullshit sites either.
Yes, I know there is a thread in re this, but it doesn't quite fit the needs of this okie dokie 51 year old woman.
I want some new first dates.

Don't lose heart. I have several friends who have made wonderful connections through websites.

Also, more cleavage always helps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nobody said he wasn't being truthful. He's just being a douchebag about it. Do you think anyone in this thread, Mrs G included, needs Trollface or you two to tell them at 50+ it's very hard to find a good mate?

Hey man, she came in here for advice knowing the crowd and she doesn't need the white knights circling the wagons for her. Trollface was over the top, but getting mad at him for being an asshole is a lot like getting pissed at a retard for eating his own poo.

Original point still stands. For relationship material, she needs to get into some hobby related social groups.

And the whole younger woman thing, its basically a status symbol for shallow or insecure men. Older guys lack the patience and energy to put up with the crazy for longer than it takes to throw one load into them. Except rare gems like J49.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Older women are a fucking pain in the ass to get into the bedroom though. Sure, they're usually more "open" about the absolutely vile shit I enjoy, but women over 33ish put up a massive fucking "anti-slut" defense, in most cases.

I can almost always 1-2 date lay girls under 33ish, but it always takes at least 3 dates(I quit pursuing after date 3 if they're still pulling the bullshit, "I'm not a slut" routine)for women older than that.

So, for me, as a guy who can't go more than a week without humping a lamp post, path of least resistance tends to lean toward the younger girls.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

It depends on how much of your life is "yours."

Can you cook for yourself? Have you figured out how to wash your clothes yet? Can you make a trip to the grocery store successfully? Are you capable of packing a lunch before work?

Then what do women bring to your life? Sex. Obviously. Companionship to a lesser degree. There are plenty of men who just don't "need" a woman for anything other than a lay, and having a good time with. If that's the case, then why look for a mate? Just look for chicks to bang, and it turns out there's a whole lot of early 20's girls who are tired of looking at early 20's guys who still live at home with their parents, don't have a job, and don't have a car. You can clean the fuck up on dating sites if you've got your own place and have your shit in order - and at the end of the day, she'll go home when you're bored of her, and keep coming back for more because you're the most attractive option to her.

I used to not understand it either, but as I age, it has become quite clear that older man/younger woman is beneficial for both parties.